Is Kim qualified?

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The only thing I can say went very wrong was Rex Ryan. I liked St Doug and I kinda dissapointed they missed out on that opportunity. I think they may of hit a home run with Sean McDermott. So I am willing to forget Rex Ryan and not taking St. Doug more serious. 

Russes lipstick is all over the Rex hire.

Edited by 3rdand12

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, for starters she’s a billionaire after a difficult start in life. That’s pretty good. Few pull THAT off. Oh, and I’ve yet to see her make a misstep that caught my eye. Most people say something stupid that gets noticed if you’re in the public eye that much. Do you have a problem with her for some reason? 

I'm a Sabres fan. So yeah. 

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Pegulas are great people. That doesn't mean they are good at running sports teams. 

of course it does not. But i would want nothing less than Great People to root for . And I surely want them to have wonderful successes in Buffalo sports. Rochester Americans etc.

and a strong and positive influence in the city of Buffalo.

The trick is often hiring the right Folks to make it happen in the manner you wish,  over time.
i think they have, a clue and learning as they go is fine

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

You have multiple options. Whining is certainly one of them.

I trust them to work through things until they find the right recipe. I feel they will get appropriate professional help. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have multiple options. Whining is certainly one of them.

I trust them to work through things until they find the right recipe. I feel they will get appropriate professional help. Time will tell. 

Asking the Pegulas to hire a qualified president for each team is not whining.

Time will tell. Hopefully the Pegulas own the Bills for the rest of my life. If not, the Bills are gone. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Building a hockey team is much harder, it takes longer. But, I get the frustration.

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Pegulas are great people. That doesn't mean they are good at running sports teams. 

Give it time, they did hire McD and ended the drought. These are people who are devoted to having successful sports teams in WNY. They have already shown a willingness to learn. It takes time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Time will tell. Hopefully the Pegulas own the Bills for the rest of my life. If not, the Bills are gone. 

A matter of opinion, but this sounds a bit whiney to me:

Smart cookie? Why? Based on what exactly? Build a new stadium with private money, then we can talk. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We have a good thing going here, I just don't want things to go off course.

Russ Brandon sold out a Team in a League that sells out in a City that always sells out and was thought of being impressive by some.  Not I.  

Kim will do better as she will do things for the right reason for the City, fans and Team!  She will not have alterier motives sacrificing one for the other and her personal best interests firsts.

A good leader listens to their team and talents that surround them.  Kim does that!!

We are in a better position today than two days ago!

Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I mean yes you want both organizations run correctly. I think they wanted to possibly combine both organizations using Russ Brandon so everything would be streamlined for them.

Only for reasons Russ Brandon isn't that guy anymore. So Kim is the one stepping in for Russ Brandon. I mean it's not impossible to think she maybe was learning everything behind the scenes and being very involved already. 

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Building a hockey team is much harder, it takes longer. But, I get the frustration.

Give it time, they did hire McD and ended the drought. These are people who are devoted to having successful sports teams in WNY. They have already shown a willingness to learn. It takes time.

I've got nothing but time. You can't fire owners. Criticism of the Pegulas is fair. They haven't done a good job. They have definitely tried, no question. A lot of money spent so far with little to show for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

My point is she has to actually accomplish something to get praise. 

The Bills are in WNY, that’s a good start for me!  I get it, she has to prove she’s competent. I think’s it’s either temporary or a figure head. I am confident they know enough to get sports professionals to lord over all this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I've got nothing but time. You can't fire owners. Criticism of the Pegulas is fair. They haven't done a good job. They have definitely tried, no question. A lot of money spent so far with little to show for it. 

Debatable IMO. They have also shown the ability to learn and correct mistakes. These are good people who won't give up easily. The success of an organization is not just based on good decisions. The Sabres won the lottery and will draft Rasmus Dahlin, they lost McDavid before.. bad luck, generational talent. Eichel was not a bad back up prize, but no McDavid-bad luck. This time they may have gotten it right with the Bills, ended the drought by hiring McBeane, corrected a mistake, NFL people respect it. The people in charge have made decisions now they need some good fortune with Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds.

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think  we have to go back to when the Bills went up for sale and recall how most of us felt. Both before and after the sale ?

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Debatable IMO. They have also shown the ability to learn and correct mistakes. These are good people who won't give up easily. The success of an organization is not just based on good decisions. The Sabres won the lottery and will draft Rasmus Dahlin, they lost McDavid before.. bad luck, generational talent. Eichel was not a bad back up prize, but no McDavid-bad luck. This time they may have gotten it right with the Bills, ended the drought by hiring McBeane, corrected a mistake, NFL people respect it. The people in charge have made decisions now they need some good fortune with Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds.

Kim is the Sabres 4th president since they bought the team. Each hire worse than the last IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

better luck with Bills so far it seems ?

Edited by 3rdand12

32 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes.  She owns the team.  She can do anything she wants.

Qualified?  :lol: Does she need to be?  This isn't a community owned team(s).

What is this Kim is co owner stuff?

If Terry and Kim got divorced, would they split the team?

My money is on, well, no.

What I get from this thread is that there's no way Kin Pegula should be allowed even for a day in a position that Russ Brandon couldn't learn in 20 years.

Seems like a perfectly rational position to take...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

What I get from this thread is that there's no way Kin Pegula should be allowed even for a day in a position that Russ Brandon couldn't learn in 20 years.

Seems like a perfectly rational position to take...

You could have just stuck to your usual line but I see you took this opportunity to make a decent point.  Good on you Tom.

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

better luck with Bills so far it seems ?

Yeah last year we got over the hump and don't have to listen to national pundits make jokes about the drought. It certainly doesn't hurt the psyche to have that behind us. We may take a step backwards this year, maybe not!

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

This Co owner stuff comes from everyone under the sun calling her that.  She's not Kim pegula, wife to the owner of the bills.  She's Kim pegula, Co owner of the bills.

I think they would have corrected the media by now if it was wrong.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You could have just stuck to your usual line but I see you took this opportunity to make a decent point.  Good on you Tom.

I do that, sometimes.

I thought this topic, it might be possible to successfully engage the idiots, rather than just inform them they're idiots.

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

They were married when they purchased the team. She literally owns half of it. If they were to get divorced, the team would be an asset of marriage. So yes, they'd split the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I don't know what you're trying to say? Buying the team proves she is qualified to be president? 

No, I am saying we  Have a Team and we almost didn't. thats was  a rather Big deal for some of us!
Thats a starting point.
Looks like they have learned from the Marrone Rex errors ( too early )
But the trend is slower than some of us wish. I think a foundations is being built brick by brick by Pegulas.
 Kool aid ? perhaps

For me, same rule applies to Kim as for anybody else in a new position with the Bills, player or front office. Unless their actions cause me to change my mind, I support them 100%. Congrats Kim. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Ask Donald Sterling how that went.

His wife wasn't even a "co-owner" she was literally just his wife, had nothing to do with the team.

Kim is actually involved in day to day running of the team, and the two of them own their sporting enterprise together, and manage it together.

If they got divorced, they would either liquidate assets (aka sell the teams and dissolve the sporting company that they own all the teams under), or one of them would remain owner of it all, while the other got a buyout or accepted a residual % of the profits.

23 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

You're saying she's not qualified, and to hire somebody else, without even giving her a chance to accomplish something, for which you say she must do before you'll praise her.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

The Vegas Golden Knights say hello.

expansion draft where you get to choose from a pool of players is not the same as buying a franchise that did not get an expansion draft.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

They got to pick some of the better players from every team in the league in a single season.  They did it overnight because they were given everyone elses 2nd line players.  Not exactly the same as getting a single guy 3 seasons in a row and expecting them to take over the league.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Andy Dalton and the "4th and 12" miracle ended the drought.

good thing we tanked the rest of the season then ;)

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

For me, same rule applies to Kim as for anybody else in a new position with the Bills, player or front office. Unless their actions cause me to change my mind, I support them 100%. Congrats Kim. :thumbsup:

it really should be this simple shouldn't it Folks ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They got to pick some of the better players from every team in the league in a single season.  They did it overnight because they were given everyone elses 2nd line players.  Not exactly the same as getting a single guy 3 seasons in a row and expecting them to take over the league.

That is a bit of a stretch...every teams 2nd line players?

16 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Andy Dalton and the "4th and 12" miracle ended the drought.

No the team and coaches put themselves in position to benefit from good fortune.

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It has tradtiionally been more difficult and the expansion Vegas team was given access to a large amount of talent.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

That is a bit of a stretch...every teams 2nd line players?

fine, call them 2nd or 3rd line players.  Either way, they were able to put a team together by picking who they thought would be the best together.  And having fleury in net will win you a bunch of games on his own.  Say what you want about how old he is but his GAA is still damn good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its an opinion. it a fair opinion at that.

I do not agree.

No, it really isn’t a fair opinion at all.

The Buffalo Bills have an overall record of 30 wins and 30 losses, to include playoffs, since the Pegula’s bought the Buffalo Bills. Rookie owner, taking over a team that was in the midst of year 14 of the playoff drought when he took over.

I’d say he has done quite fine for the community.

And, concerning the Sabres, a tear down was needed, which he didn’t quite get when he took over there.. Those take time and, in fact, for those that understand the game of hockey, this past year was the real first disappointing season since the rebuild began. The Sabres had some luck last weekend and have a generational talent coming in on defense. the Sabres are far from writing the last chapter in this eras book.

Take a look around Key Bank Center......and remember what is was like around there 5 years ago.

This Pegula bashing is for idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No Cease Fires said:

You'd think people would be proud of Buffalo having the first female president in the NFL but...nope. "She slept with the boss."

It's kind of an empty honor. It's not like she worked her way up and got the job. Her husband bought her the team and she appointed herself. A bit of a pyrrhic victory for feminism.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1