McDermott wanted nothing do to with Brandon-Paul Hamilton WGR

24 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Unusual that the coach can "wall off" his part of the company from the President and managing partner. 

All I can add is there was a tweet in early April that McD and Brandon were seen shouting at each other in the box at a Sabers game.

Well he got us to the playoffs so ill take it he knows what hes doing.  Alot of others tried and failed.  And a tweet really means nothing.  Anyone can tweet anything

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...there is the potential for serious liability implications if the Pegulas did not act.........insurance companies jumped all over matters like this years ago with Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability insurance coverage....it broadly covers matters like this, as well as harassment, discrimination or generically wrongful acts that occur within the environment.....premiums start at around $10,000 for $1 million in coverage....even if incident(s) are purported to be consensual, it still must be proven to deny the insurance claim....with no coverage, litigation can occur.............

This^^^

A managing partner/president dating an employee whom on paper he can have influence over her employment is playing with fire and not tolerated in most/if not all corporate settings.  That has huge liability and potential lawsuit written all over it.

Man.  If we step back for a second - just think about it, Marrone walking around the halls yelling at junior staff members, Brandon prowling for action, and Whaley coming in banged up from a night on Chippewa - this must've been a fun place to work... and then you factor in the LaFontaine ugliness and the Tim Murray aloofness on the other side of things... PSE needs to professionalize its operations ASAP.  This kind of dysfunction ultimately could reach the product if left unchecked, and possibly has.  They should be hiring from the outside, revamping HR, using consultants to evaluate the efficacy of internal communications structures (up, down, horizontal, etc.), implementing 360 reviews, all of it.

The Pegulas have been presiding over a total sh*$ show.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Man.  If we step back for a second - just think about it, Marrone walking around the halls yelling at junior staff members, Brandon prowling for action, and Whaley coming in banged up from a night on Chippewa - this must've been a fun place to work... and then you factor in the LaFontaine ugliness on the other side of things... PSE needs to professionalize its operations ASAP.  This kind of dysfunction ultimately could reach the product if left unchecked, and possibly has.  They should be hiring from the outside, revamping HR, using consultants to evaluate the efficacy of internal communications structures (up, down, horizontal, etc.), implementing 360 reviews, all of it.

I have a feeling there is no shortage of wackiness behind the scenes of even the most successful pro sports teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

in all seriousness though, IF Russ had a relationship with a woman at PSE is that really such an awful offense?

So Jim and Pam from the office isn't something to cry into your personal Ben and Jerry's pint over then?!

It has to be something more for there to be an investigation into "misconduct" I would think...

Tons of people meet their significant other through work. It doesn't warrant an "internal investigation" into the matter.

One employee bringing information on "unwanted attention" to their employer warrants an internal investigation.

Edited by Cripple Creek

2 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

This^^^

A managing partner/president dating an employee whom on paper he can have influence over her employment is playing with fire and not tolerated in most/if not all corporate settings.  That has huge liability and potential lawsuit written all over it.

...BINGO bud...look at today's climate.......I believe 34+ states have statute of limitations ranging from 5-7 years for such claims...BUT...they are mostly being ignored because of the negative publicity even if assertions date back to the 80's or 90's....public perception and demands of what you're going to do about this are prevalent IMO....

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Man.  If we step back for a second - just think about it, Marrone walking around the halls yelling at junior staff members, Brandon prowling for action, and Whaley coming in banged up from a night on Chippewa - this must've been a fun place to work... and then you factor in the LaFontaine ugliness and the Tim Murray aloofness on the other side of things... PSE needs to professionalize its operations ASAP.  This kind of dysfunction ultimately could reach the product if left unchecked, and possibly has.  They should be hiring from the outside, revamping HR, using consultants to evaluate the efficacy of internal communications structures (up, down, horizontal, etc.), implementing 360 reviews, all of it.

Ya think? :lol:

I don't care about the Sabres, but if Pegs would've hired the right Czar, things would've been cleaned up sooner. It's all good now though, I'm more than happy with the trash gone and McBeane here.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

YES THERE IS !!!!

He has no proof but he makes a very generic statement that is now nothing but click bait. He says he can't prove it. SO its nothign more than hear say

Your opinion is nutty considering how much of this crap goes on every single day in modern journalism. Personal opinion and hearsay is not news and if you can't back it up with proof or have no source for the facts then do not say it.

If the truth comes out great but without facts or a source willing to go on record, Paul is just another douche

This is what "journalism" (at least sports journalism) has become.   When I worked journalism (way back in early 1980's) at Courier Express it was expressed that their was a difference between a columnist and a reporter and we do not mix the two.  I did editing (more precisely I did spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. not content) this was extensively emphasized and reporters who could not tell the difference were warned, demoted (amazing how little opinion goes into little stories) or let go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I usually have more trouble with affect vs effect so I just end up rewriting my whole sentence to avoid using it.

Effect is usually the noun- “The negative effect  of high level business meetings on mock draft productivity is significant” and Affect is usually the verb- “the Josh Allen selection affected my liquor budget”

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Effect is usually the noun- “The negative effect  of high level business meetings on mock draft productivity is significant” and Affect is usually the verb- “the Josh Allen selection affected my liquor budget”

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Oh really? Please tell me more!

That is all I know. It was a tweet by some obscure guy with a twitter alias. the key thing was he said it like 3 weeks ago. It could be a coincidence it was supposedly on April 4.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep.  The exception is:

"In an effort to effect change within the organization, Kim Pegula started hiring more women than was traditionally the case."

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yeah, I get it. Lots of liability issues. Plus it's just gross to act like that.

My point was just that it must have been more than just Russ was dating a female employee for the reaction to be as it was. But maybe not. Maybe that alone was enough.

But no "thank you for all your years of service" line in the announcement?

It doesn't need to be more. It could just be the Pegula's saying we won't run our business like this, it goes against what they believe and preach and it's our business so do as we say or you don't work here anymore. 

Their ball their rules