Possibilities to add more weapons...

Since there is a lot of smart people here on  this board, does anyone here have any good possibilities with players that might get cut?? Beane has said that last year Maclin  or Decker became  available, so what will be out there this year?? Whether at WR or OL, or hopefully both...

WR possible adds:

Maclin, aldrick robinson, markus wheaton, or course Dez Bryant, travis benjamin

OL possible adds:

Ryan Kalil, Josh Sitton, Ramon Foster

some of these guys are already out there, some, like Kalil, may get cut

Go Bills!!

#BillsMafia

Just now, elltrain22 said:

At work, did a google search, and the post I read was in  late January. I missed that one. My bad!!

No worries.  There will be even more veterans available with players getting released now that the draft is over. 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'm watching Dallas. They have a bunch of WRs. Wouldn't be all that shocked if Beane pulls off a trade as well. 

They might be the only team in the NFL with a worse receiving corp than Buffalo

With our OL I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Luke Joeckel, he is young enough (26 or 27) we could kick the tires and see if he has anything. Other than that we will have to wait for cuts or make a creative trade to get someone who can be an instant weapon.

34 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, you're not correct there. They have 4 guys that would get significant snaps here and 2 that would start. Possibly 3.

That's why I said "might". Dallas has three #3 WRs and then some question mark depth guys. Buffalo has Benjamin and then a bunch of depth guys. Really boils down to how much you like Benjamin.

30 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Look at the Redskins WRs.

Yeah, they're also pretty terrible. I think Dallas, Washington, and Buffalo are the bottom 3 in whatever order you want.

1 hour ago, elltrain22 said:

Since there is a lot of smart people here on  this board, does anyone here have any good possibilities with players that might get cut?? Beane has said that last year Maclin  or Decker became  available, so what will be out there this year?? Whether at WR or OL, or hopefully both...

WR possible adds:

Maclin, aldrick robinson, markus wheaton, or course Dez Bryant, travis benjamin

OL possible adds:

Ryan Kalil, Josh Sitton, Ramon Foster

some of these guys are already out there, some, like Kalil, may get cut

Go Bills!!

#BillsMafia

I don't think who becomes available is too predictable at this point.  Unless a team works a big trade or needs cap space to sign a remaining FA, they aren't likely to make big roster moves at this point.  Teams might snip a few "fringe" players to add a guy invited for a tryout, waive: injured or cut: did not pass physical a few guys.

It's interesting because there's no intermediate roster cutdown any more so teams have until just before opening day to put together a 53-man.  Must make the GM's life more challenging.

27 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That's why I said "might". Dallas has three #3 WRs and then some question mark depth guys. Buffalo has Benjamin and then a bunch of depth guys. Really boils down to how much you like Benjamin.

There's some "have you written off Zay Jones after 1 season" stirred into that pot.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Atlanta is tight against the cap and just drafted Calvin Ridley; I wonder if they'd move Mo Sanu for a conditional draft pick next year and let Justin Hardy and Marvin Hall slide into more prominent roles?

That’s a guy that I threw out as a possibility. They can slide Ridley into his role, save money and gain as asset. Would you send the Ragland pick for Sanu? I would I think (although I’d prefer a 5th or 6th). Maybe a conditional 5th that can become a 4th?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I really don't see us adding a WR at this point, unless one of our guys goes down. I think they see upside in some of our younger guys (and obviously just drafted two). They add a WR and then cut a guy they just drafted? Benjamin and Zay are locked in as the top two, Holmes they like obviously as they kept him all year last year when comp pick was out there, and the rest are young guys with potential/special teamers. Jeremy Kerley was signed and could be a nice 3rd WR, he has shown he can haul in a lot of balls in the NFL when given a chance. Dupree/Streeter/two rookies rounds out the WR room. I could see Dupree or Streeter cut if someone the team really likes becomes available but I would be surprised.

*I am not saying I am OK with the WR room, I just feel like the team is. 

I would be all about adding a RT and another guard to the line after teams make some cuts. I could see that as an option. 

16 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I really don't see us adding a WR at this point, unless one of our guys goes down. I think they see upside in some of our younger guys (and obviously just drafted two). They add a WR and then cut a guy they just drafted? Benjamin and Zay are locked in as the top two, Holmes they like obviously as they kept him all year last year when comp pick was out there, and the rest are young guys with potential/special teamers. Jeremy Kerley was signed and could be a nice 3rd WR, he has shown he can haul in a lot of balls in the NFL when given a chance. Dupree/Streeter/two rookies rounds out the WR room. I could see Dupree or Streeter cut if someone the team really likes becomes available but I would be surprised.

I would be all about adding a RT and another guard to the line after teams make some cuts. I could see that as an option. 

Beane just said yesterday he knows they need to add more skill talent and will be exploring areas to do that.

I will say this, the Watkins and Darby trade came out of left field.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a move like that or even two in order to add weapons.

A lot of people were down on this WR class and rightfully so, so I'm glad Beane didnt reach just to fill a need. However, the news is still as present as ever, so need to do something.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s a guy that I threw out as a possibility. They can slide Ridley into his role, save money and gain as asset. Would you seal the Ragland pick for Sanu? I would I think (although I’d prefer a 5th or 6th). Maybe a conditional 5th that can become a 4th?

In a heartbeat

• Like (+1) 1

Seth Roberts. Here's the deal, they basically have to eat 4.5 million of dead money if they cut him, but that contract comes off the book completely if they can trade him. I think he is a good player who would slot in as a 2/3 here, but his cap hit is a bit high. I actually think the Raiders may have to pull an Osweiler and trade Roberts and a 4th round pick, for like a 6th round pick. I always liked him...like Jones, he's had issues with drops, but is a solid player. 

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Atlanta is tight against the cap and just drafted Calvin Ridley; I wonder if they'd move Mo Sanu for a conditional draft pick next year and let Justin Hardy and Marvin Hall slide into more prominent roles?

Thought about exactly that team, and Washington!

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe Mike Williams will blow up training camp and the bills can send a second for Keenan Allen. 

I could only hope that Chargers management is that stupid. Keenan Allen was incredible last season. Up there with Landry as the top possession receiver in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Maybe I'm in the mimoritu but I just don't see a lot of value in Kerley. The guy has been spotty at best. I think they're going to wait until they see what Zay Jones has going for him before they make a move at wide receiver. At this point I'd rather have a right tackle.

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Maybe I'm in the mimoritu but I just don't see a lot of value in Kerley. The guy has been spotty at best. I think they're going to wait until they see what Zay Jones has going for him before they make a move at wide receiver. At this point I'd rather have a right tackle.

Kerley is a depth WR who can also fill in as a return man. HIs numbers aren't eye popping but he can make a play here and there during a game. I think of former Bill/Cowboy Kevin Williams as a comparison. 

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Kerley is a depth WR who can also fill in as a return man. HIs numbers aren't eye popping but he can make a play here and there during a game. I think of former Bill/Cowboy Kevin Williams as a comparison. 

I would agree with that. A lot of people think he's going to be a starter and I don't get that.

38 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Jaelen Strong was cut this morning from Jacksonville. Big dude with good speed, I believe he was a Day 2 pick a couple years ago.

I have been ringing his bell for two years now but I’m beginning to wonder what’s up with it. Jags do have some decent wideouts but he has been around the league long enough that he should have worked his way onto the field.

• Like (+1) 1