Beane cost us the 3rd overall pick. JMO

The way I see it is that the Bills and Giants have a trade in place ONLY IF Darnold is taken by the Browns. If Darnold falls to the Giants, the Giants are taking him. If the Browns take him number 1, i think the Giants are going to pull the trigger on the trade with the Bills.

Just a hunch.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

March 17th 9:00am Beane calls Ballard: 

Beane: I'll give you our 21st, 22nd and 65th for your 3rd.

Ballard: Hmmm. Give me 5 minutes

March 17th 9:05am Ballard calls Maccagnan:

Ballard: I've got a decent offer from another team, but we really want to stay in the top 10. What can you offer?

Maccagnan: I'll give our 6th, 37th, 49th and next years 2nd rounder, which should be around 35.

Ballard: Silence.... more silence... "Where do I sign?"

March 17th 9:10am Ballard calls Beane:

Ballard: I got a really good deal... Here's what I will need for you to match, Your 21st, 22nd, 53rd, 65th and next years 1st rounder.

Beane: Silence... more silence... *click*

Yep. Beanes fault.

And Beane then made the right move.. No way will i give up that much. 

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I disagree with this as I've said twice. I'm saying if they said they won't move because they want a bluechip player and now they're saying they'll move that means it was never about the blue-chip player or the "top 10."

Okay.   I understand.  

You're saying the Colts GM lied when he made that statement.   You can choose to believe that if you want, although I think it's much simpler to believe he told the truth and has since changed his mind.  

I tend to think that people generally don't lie about things, especially if they don't need to.   Why say he wanted to stay in the top 10 when all he needed to say was the Jets made the best offer?   Why lie?   

Now, if he'd said the Jets made the best offer, it makes some sense to have a discussion about what Beane should have done to make a better offer.   But since I think it's unlikely the Colts lied about this, I don't see the point in speculating about what Beane might have done.   

1 minute ago, HiddenInLight said:

Or maybe Beane already had a deal in place with the Giants.

Very plausible and one I hope is true as well given I only believe in Mayfield and Darnold.

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Okay.   I understand.  

You're saying the Colts GM lied when he made that statement.   You can choose to believe that if you want, although I think it's much simpler to believe he told the truth and has since changed his mind.  

I tend to think that people generally don't lie about things, especially if they don't need to.   Why say he wanted to stay in the top 10 when all he needed to say was the Jets made the best offer?   Why lie?   

Now, if he'd said the Jets made the best offer, it makes some sense to have a discussion about what Beane should have done to make a better offer.   But since I think it's unlikely the Colts lied about this, I don't see the point in speculating about what Beane might have done.   

Call it whatever you want. Colts right now are saying they're open to trading out of the top ten. So it was never about a top ten player.

3 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

The way I see it is that the Bills and Giants have a trade in place ONLY IF Darnold is taken by the Browns. If Darnold falls to the Giants, the Giants are taking him. If the Browns take him number 1, i think the Giants are going to pull the trigger on the trade with the Bills.

Just a hunch.

Possible, but I doubt it.   I tend to think that any team that wants a QB will take ONLY the one guy they want and not another.   

If the Giants are in the market for a QB, their second choice at QB this year is almost certainly going to be better than the QB they're going to be able to draft next year.   They likely won't have the second pick, and as I understand it the class isn't particularly QB rich.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Very plausible and one I hope is true as well given I only believe in Mayfield and Darnold.

Call it whatever you want. Colts right now are saying they're open to trading out of the top ten. So it was never about a top ten player.

In your world, maybe.   Why couldn't they just change their mind?     At the time they made the deal with the Jets, their criteria were they wanted to stay in the top 10.    Now, trading out of the top 10 makes sense to them.   

It just doesn't make any sense to say that because they're willing to do something now, they were always willing to do it.  People change their positions about things all the time.  

Just now, Shaw66 said:

In your world, maybe.   Why couldn't they just change their mind?     At the time they made the deal with the Jets, their criteria were they wanted to stay in the top 10.    Now, trading out of the top 10 makes sense to them.   

It just doesn't make any sense to say that because they're willing to do something now, they were always willing to do it.  People change their positions about things all the time.  

We disagree. If they make a trade out of the top ten I can infer Beane **** the bed. You can disagree, that's your right.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

We disagree. If they make a trade out of the top ten I can infer Beane **** the bed. You can disagree, that's your right.

You can infer all you want.   Everyone else will know it's a stupid inference.  The man said he didn't want to trade out of the top 10.  Six weeks later he trades out of the top 10.   Observing those facts, most people conclude that things changed in the intervening six weeks.   Why do they do that?   Because most people understand that successful people don't tell gratuitous lies.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

It was about leaving themselves options, and possibly fleecing two teams out of picks instead of just the Bills. 

Just now, Shaw66 said:

You can infer all you want.   Everyone else will know it's a stupid inference.  The man said he didn't want to trade out of the top 10.  Six weeks later he trades out of the top 10.   Observing those facts, most people conclude that things changed in the intervening six weeks.   Why do they do that?   Because most people understand that successful people don't tell gratuitous lies.  

By most people you mean, you? You keep using lies. I guess it suit your narrative.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

You can not infer that. The deal Ballard made for the 6th pick was a trade he felt was in his favor and a deal no other team in the NFL would match which is not hard to understand since getting 3 2nd rounders ofr 3 spots in the draft is an absolute haul. A subsequent trade no matter the team will be a trade that stands on its own. That trade could be with the Bills for that matter.

But I ask you, knowing what the Bills have, knowing what the Jets offered and assuming what you said is true about Ballard being a liar and he would have moved out of the top 10, what would you have offered that would trump the Jets offer?

Just now, Bills Pimpin' said:

You can not infer that. The deal Ballard made for the 6th pick was a trade he felt was in his favor and a deal no other team in the NFL would match which is not hard to understand since getting 3 2nd rounders ofr 3 spots in the draft is an absolute haul. A subsequent trade no matter the team will be a trade that stands on its own. That trade could be with the Bills for that matter.

But I ask you, knowing what the Bills have, knowing what the Jets offered and assuming what you said is true about Ballard being a liar and he would have moved out of the top 10, what would you have offered that would trump the Jets offer?

So you get to tell me what I can infer?

35 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Was never angry. Point of view is not angry. People can disagree with you or have a differing view without being angry.

i hear ya, but when you bring whaley in the conversation in regards to someone who would have done it right, it just seems off.  angry/off/misdirected...you can choose.

3 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Something I've been thinking. Bills fell asleep at the wheel. Why do I say this? Everyone said Colts didn't want to trade out of the top 10. I believed this also, but the more I see mock drafts and hear the Colts GM saying he's not apposed to moving down the more I think Beane overplayed his hand for the 3rd pick. Beane probably tried to haggle and they said, screw you and took a deal with the Jets.

Now here's the hard part.

I believe if Whaley is the GM we have the 3rd overall pick today and everyone is projecting we get Darnold or Rosen. It's sickening. Whaley would have given up "too much" but we'd be in a better position. JMO.

If Whaley is the GM, we are hearing how Tyrod is still growing as a QB and we trade up to select a WR.

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

That's not the point though. What if we have a passive, "wait and see GM" who gets scooped again? What if Rosen is falling and the Pats or Cards trade to 9 and the Bills don't?

The Bills were aggressive last draft, making Three trades early; targeting the players they wanted. Passive is not who they are

Holy OP, is it really that hard to understand that people sometimes change their mind?  Initially they did not want to trade back too far, now, after some consideration they're open to another trade back - for the right price (read:  a ton of assets).

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-blog-colts-ballard-is-willing-to-trade-back-again-—-if-the-price-is-right

"When Ballard made the deal with the New York Jets to trade down from No. 3 to No. 6 and acquire three additional second-round picks (two this season and one next season), he believed it was unlikely the Colts would continue to trade back, having identified a limited number of game-altering prospects. But now, after working through the process, here was Ballard on Friday saying the Colts believe there are eight players (non-quarterbacks) worth his team’s attention."

:beer:

Something I've been thinking. Bills fell asleep at the wheel. Why do I say this? Everyone said Colts didn't want to trade out of the top 10. I believed this also, but the more I see mock drafts and hear the Colts GM saying he's not apposed to moving down the more I think Beane overplayed his hand for the 3rd pick. Beane probably tried to haggle and they said, screw you and took a deal with the Jets.

I believe if Whaley is the GM we have the 3rd overall pick today and everyone is projecting we get Darnold or Rosen. It's sickening. Whaley would have given up "too much" but we'd be in a better position. JMO.

I believe magic unicorns live in my butt.

Reach much? Beane didn't screw up IMO.

1 hour ago, teef said:

i hear ya, but when you bring whaley in the conversation in regards to someone who would have done it right, it just seems off.  angry/off/misdirected...you can choose.

I only added Whaley because he actually pulled off a trade up. Though he, "overpaid."

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I only added Whaley because he actually pulled off a trade up. Though he, "overpaid."

got ya.  i'm not sure comparing these drafts are apples to apples.  this year is one of the most unique draft years i can remember in ages.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Can't wait for the draft to happen and put us out of this "horrible takes" misery that we're all wallowing in with posts like these. Yeesh.

you can only hope buffalobud420 is on.  he'll have the most amazing hot takes.