Ian Rapoport - Bills not going after 2nd pick

I would think the Bills are going after #2. If the Giants take a QB there the Bills are out of luck unless a top 3 pick is Allen. Then the Bills can still get a top QB at 4 or 5.

Just don't let another team that needs a QB trade up to #4 unless it's Buffalo.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, I think the Bills are targeting Allen.... not sure how I feel about that. 

Honestly, if the choice is between Allen and Rosen I think the Bills would go Allen and the board would implode. 

Allen seems like the type of personality McBeane like as opposed to Rosen who doesn't seem process approved.

What is non-process about Rosen? The process is simply about getting better every day and trusting to the process of improvement rather than the result. 

Nothing about Rosen would conflict with that.

8 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

nope i think the jets take rosen if there and they would be fools not to.

I think the jets pass on him as welll. I think it goes like this;

1. Allen

2. Barkley

3. Darnold

4. Chubb

5. Rosen - Bills (hoping for Mayfield)

9 hours ago, kdiggz said:

1. Allen

2. Barkley

3. Darnold

4. Chubb

5. Mayfield or Rosen!!!!!!!!!   

Great minds.

8 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

where did denver or elway say they are not interested in a qb? i have  heard 5 is for sale but i don't believe it.

we are going to have to deal with 6 and beyond...which is ok..

Denver has drafted AND failed at QB, they  are going the veteran route again.

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

...where I hit thousands of balls with him at Bollettieri's! Small world. :D

Right.  I actually met him down there and took him to dinner.  After he went pro, we got together in San Fran, Antwerp and Roland Garros as I moved around in the Army.  Small world, indeed.

I have to admit he won more sets as a 10 year old than I did as a young adult.

I took him to Charlotte, NC where he made his first singles tournament finals at 10 in the 12 and Under group.  His dad Tony was glad I took him...he got too wrapped up in Jimmy's game.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1
  • Like (+1) 1

I am probably the only Bills fan on the planet that thinks the Bills will get the QB they want staying put at 12.

They prefer Rosen/Darnold, but they absolutely think they can work with Rudolph or Jackson.

That’s the feeling I get from them thru this hole process.

The Bills don’t mind giving up a number one pick in 2019. I get the feeling they want to keep all their picks in this draft.

9 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Out of context, you are right. But if the situation creates a bidding war and depending on the player, 5 might as well be 2. It would take a perfect storm but it all depends

Or... maybe they are after 2 but want to make it look like 5 is a ok with them to put the heat on ny;)

I guess ya never can tell

It's possible but Elway needs to win now.  I would be willing to bet he would take our 2 first over AZs 1st over the next three years. People don't realize the value of 2 first in the same draft.  It's a buyer held premium, after all we are an instant gratification species.  A first next year is not as valuable as even a second rounder this year.  Especially since AZ is going to field a playoff roster.

The Browns better not try and screw us over at 4 if we trade for 5 before the draft. We got them their starting QB for this year. It's like we set them up with our ex and things are going surprisingly well so they better show some gratitude and not c*** block us on that new hot chick we have been eyeing at the club. Our rivals are trying to hit that too so they better be a bud and say nope not on my watch!

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The Browns better not try and screw us over at 4 if we trade for 5 before the draft. We got them their starting QB for this year. It's like we set them up with our ex and things are going surprisingly well so they better show some gratitude and not c*** block us on that new hot chick we have been eyeing at the club. Our rivals are trying to hit that too so they better be a bud and say nope not on my watch!

Browns have reportedly considered drafting two quarterbacks with high-round picks

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-have-reportedly-considered-drafting-two-quarterbacks-with-high-round-picks/

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

For whatever it’s worth, one of the Browns radio guys says he knows for a fact that the coaching staff doesn’t want Darnold. He says it’s down to Allen and Mayfield in their mind. 

Hopefully the browns take baker. Jets take sam and we get Rosen.  Sam in ny throwing pick sixes all year to our secondary 

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really hope its Allen because I don't want him still out there when the Bills pick.

I can’t wait to see the epic meltdown when the Bills draft Allen.  

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

For whatever it’s worth, one of the Browns radio guys says he knows for a fact that the coaching staff doesn’t want Darnold. He says it’s down to Allen and Mayfield in their mind. 

Dustin Fox?

one thing I’ll say about that is the coaching staff will not have decision making power in this pick for a couple reasons. If the FO wants Darnold, they will take him.

• Like (+1) 1