Ian Rapoport - Bills not going after 2nd pick

3 minutes ago, holmz56 said:

Just saying,I've heard it's been  Mayfield since Day 1 , and nothing has changed it !

You mean you've heard BUF wants Mayfield from day one?

If so, from who?  

While this is my hope, Jets at 3 will nab him :(

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network and said the Bills are not targeting 2nd overall.  He says 5th is what they are going after.

Ian doesn't have any better knowledge than any person on this site.  Just like the schedule ... we just need to wait.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ian doesn't have any better knowledge than any person on this site.  Just like the schedule ... we just need to wait.

You're delusional if you don't think Ian has connections

Edited by Ittakestime
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You're delusional if you don't think Ian has connections

You're delusional if you think any GM in the NFL gives anyone any indication as to what they're doing.  This is why no one can ever predict the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

Since Whaley and the entire scouting dept left not one leak has happed.  Glenn trade was Cinncy.  Every other trade came from the league office.  There is no leak.  I feel the only thing worth listening to is the combine presser.  Gettleman was letting the league know he will trade for the right price.  Jets went to 3 for 3 2s.  Imo giants want 3 1s.  The Bills have collected the amount of picks for the purpose to find a franchise.  If Buffalo can get to 2 that is why you talk to Darnold.  Based off of Buffalos Qb offseason decisions.  There are 2 guys ready to play day 1.  Darnold and Rosen.  Rosen is more likely.  Buffalo would have to be Ballsy to move to 5 for Rosen.  I think they fear NYJ too much to allow that and move to 2.

Edited by Mat68

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

This is why there will be no movement

1.Darnold/Allen

2. Barkley/Chubb

3.Darnold/Allen

4. Barkley/Chubb

Todays development with Denver is great news if we can get there now and take Rosen.

Unless another team trades up for a QB

There is 0% they take Rosen.  It's political, but that just the situation. 

What are the politics of the Jets?

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

he would be perfect for them. he can handle the liberal big city media and he can start right away. if i were the jets and darnold was gone, it would be a no brainer.

For all intents and purposes, in print, there is the Daily News (liberal) and the Post (conservative).  It's 50/50.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Unless another team trades up for a QB

Yep. But I've been told by some on this site, not to worry because anyway who tries to trade up will be outbid by us and our enormous draft capital. And, that the team we're trading up with will come back to us with any offer so we can beat it.

I'm worried

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Get to 5 and maybe it opens up 1. If the Browns decide they are taking Allen, they flop with us and have pick 4 & 5, we take Darnold 1, Barkley goes 2, Baker goes 3, Browns get Chubb & Allen, save money and get more picks. 

My thoughts EXACTLY

Edited by Bills of Boston

Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network and said the Bills are not targeting 2nd overall.  He says 5th is what they are going after.

And who is supposed to be there @ 5th 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What are the politics of the Jets?

For all intents and purposes, in print, there is the Daily News (liberal) and the Post (conservative).  It's 50/50.

It's been suggested the Jets wouldn't take Rosen because Woody Johnson was appointed as ambassador to the UK.

4 minutes ago, stony said:

It's been suggested the Jets wouldn't take Rosen because Woody Johnson was appointed as ambassador to the UK.

You think Woody would be yanked as Ambassador if he drafted Rose?  That's nuts.  Would never happen.

You know what Woody Johnson loves more than Donald Trump?  Counting money he didn't work to earn.  Same for his brother and their old lady, who all one the team.  He'll take Rosen if he's there.