Ian Rapoport - Bills not going after 2nd pick

If I were the Bills, I would target #6.  The price would be a little bit lower.  I figure that if Denver is really inclined to draft one of the top QBs, they won't be trading the pick anyway.  The only risk is that Denver could trade with another team, but Buffalo has the most capital for a trade.  That means any other team is going to have to make a more difficult sacrifice to get ahead of Buffalo, and that probably means they are either more desperate for a QB or they are a bit foolhardy.  Beane might be more inclined to play it safe, however.

If Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield go 1-3, I fully expect us to trade to the next available pick.  Just because most of us don’t like Allen, doesn’t mean McBeane feel the same.  We have McCarron to play this year and even next if he needs that much time.  The talent is evident as is the lack of qb talent currently on the Bills.  Unless they really Jackson, Rudolph or someone else, we’re more than likely going to be aggressive.

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Mayfield to Jets is a done deal

Personally think its Allen they want.

Darnold

Barkley

Mayfield

Chubb

Allen

Makes me sick to my stomach

If we pass on a trade to two, or 5, or draft the wrong guy, and Rosen somehow ends up in the AFCE being Tom Brady 2.0 then I quit.  I refuse to follow the bills while Rosen runs the division for 15 years!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DJB said:

Anyone with pick cost associated with going to 5? 

Pick # 5 is worth 1,700 points, Buffalo's pick at 12 is worth 1,200 pts. 22 is 780 pts ( 1,980 pts.) , so it would probably be Denver trades 1.5+3.5 (245 pts.) to the Bills for 1.12 and 1.22. Here's where i got the chart http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, I think the Bills are targeting Allen.... not sure how I feel about that. 

Honestly, if the choice is between Allen and Rosen I think the Bills would go Allen and the board would implode. 

Allen seems like the type of personality McBeane like as opposed to Rosen who doesn't seem process approved.

If Beane thinks that Allen is the best way to go...then I will support it. Will I be happy? Not really, but I will give everyone a shot until proven otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I wouldn't be happy either.

From what it sounds like the cream of the crop is the Mayfield, Darnold, and Mayfield. After that is a somewhat big step down. Bills need to secure one of those guys, IMO.

what about Mayfield? :lol:

I am with BillsEnthusiast, I will hope Beane is right, and I will support whoever is picked, but if he is wrong, he better hope the Jets didn't get it right or else a lot of people are going to be very angry.

• Like (+1) 2

If this leak actually came from the Bills organization, maybe it is Beane trying to put pressure on Gettleman to take his offer for 2. 

Or or maybe it's true. 

Or or maybe it's just a BS rumor... 

Cant wait for Thursday. I've never has draft fatigue like like I do this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

If Beane thinks that Allen is the best way to go...then I will support it. Will I be happy? Not really, but I will give everyone a shot until proven otherwise. 

In other words, until he throws his first pick :D

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Jimmy and I hit thousands of balls together at the Buffalo Tennis Center.  He left for Florida by 12,  if I recall correctly. 

...where I hit thousands of balls with him at Bollettieri's! Small world. :D

Browns going either Darnold/Allen 1. Giants Barkley/Chubb bc Gettlemen is going to try to win now with Eli and Beckham, not later. Jets, still think they could go Darnold/Allen. Browns take whoever Giants don't between Barkley/Chubb.  5th could very well be Mayfield/Rosen left, which is the ideal scenario...

5 hours ago, GG said:

Jimmy Arias or Monica Seles?

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Well, they both live in Sarasota, FLORIDA now. :)  

3 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Jimmy and I hit thousands of balls together at the Buffalo Tennis Center.  He left for Florida by 12,  if I recall correctly. 

I went to school with Jimmy thru most of middle school. He moved to Florida to train during our 8th grade year and my family and I moved to Virginia with a month to go in my 8th grade year. He was in several classes with me growing up.

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Denver being "open to trade out of 5" means nothing. Only an idiot would say, a week before the draft, "no, I am not open to trading down, even if offered a King's ransom". 

Have not heard $nyder say it so not even an idiot would say it.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's all about Cleveland and the Giants.  If they take a QB then the Bills need to get to 5 and maybe to 4 to get one of the top 4.  

If Cleveland takes Darnold, I think Giants trade out or take Chubb/Barkely, and then the Bills can trade to any spot they want and get Mayfield/Rosen/Allen.  Hell they could sit at 12 and one of those guys could fall.

In this scenario, I let Denver pick and I try to get to 8 by giving up a second round pick to jump past Miami.  Hell if Denver passes on a QB they can just sit at 12 and not give up any picks.

8 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network and said the Bills are not targeting 2nd overall.  He says 5th is what they are going after.

Did he say he had a source, or was it an educated guess? Because it's as reasonable as anything else, but if they are going that way, it's likely because the Giants are asking an absolutely huge bounty.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

I'm all for moving up, but I would not include next year's number one pick. The Bills will most likely be bad this year and will pick high next year. It's too valuable a pick.

Yup, I agree that it might be a high pick next year.

But I'd include it in a second if it gets us a QB they're convince has a great shot at being a top 10 - 12 guy.

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

It's all about Cleveland and the Giants.  If they take a QB then the Bills need to get to 5 and maybe to 4 to get one of the top 4.  

If Cleveland takes Darnold, I think Giants trade out or take Chubb/Barkely, and then the Bills can trade to any spot they want and get Mayfield/Rosen/Allen.  Hell they could sit at 12 and one of those guys could fall.

In this scenario, I let Denver pick and I try to get to 8 by giving up a second round pick to jump past Miami.  Hell if Denver passes on a QB they can just sit at 12 and not give up any picks.

If the Giants pick Chubb or Barkley and we want any of the top three or four QBs, then yeah, five would still be great for us.

But if the Giants trade out, it will be with someone who wants to draft a QB. Possibly us, but if it's someone else, they'll almost certainly want a QB.

And you can't count on anyone falling to #12. Arizona could trade up. Even the Pats. Several teams might.

Edited by Thurman#1