Shaq Lawson Sets Sights on Pro Bowl & Super Bowl in His 3rd Season

He will have to play with his hair on fire in the spring and summer.  I could see them flipping him for a young Wr in a similar situation on the team they are on.  If he does not improve he will be traded for a day 3 pick.

The plan with the pass rush is volume, Shaq will get the chance to be a starter but so will other players. I think the Bills hope that 2 out of the 5 players they have on the roster will pan out. Hughes, Lorax, Shaq, Murphy, and the kid they brought in from the Giants. All 5 players have the potential to turn in a productive season but all of them also have issues that should be concerning. 

Hughes - Not coming off of a productive season and a bit older

Lorax - Played out of position last season showed promise at DE in the last few games but also really old

Shaq - Played OK until he got hurt (set the edge against the run but didn't set the world on fire as a pass rusher)

Murphy - Coming off of a serious injury

The rest of the players on the roster at DE don't have much experience so I think the Bills are just scratching a bunch of lottery tickets at this point and hoping 2 or so have a good season. Personally I have good feeling about Lorax and Shaq. I think Hughes is shot but I hope I am wrong. Murphy I think will be a nice rotational player. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Shaq might not make the 53 man roster.  Ditto for John Miller.  If he stays, I see him as part of the vaunted “rotation.”

Ah, I think we all need to remember that last year was his rookie year. He did well, and he will get better. Both Hughes and Murphy are getting up there in years, I don't expect Shaq is going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

I thought the Bills might have traded Hughes on draft weekend to move up as a possible scenario, but the Bills have kept Hughes and added Murphy -- both capable starting DE's in the NFL. So what is the plan for the underachieving Shaq Lawson? Will they try him out at Sam LB in place of the aging Lorenzo Alexander? Will he be a 1st round bench warmer? Will they try to deal him or save him?

Actually, not a bad plan to play him at SAM. On obvious run downs....imagine when Murphy misses the sack, Shaw can get there. I have no doubt. Problem is, he's been adding, instead of losing weight. 

Be a shame to not find him a place on this D

Shaq is a decent player but was obviously overdrafted though many pundits did have a first round grade on him. That being said unless he reinvented himself in the off-season all he is is a decent depth player on a rookie contract. Rotating Hughes, Murphy, Yarborough and Shaq is not a horrible situation.

1 minute ago, JohnnyK said:

Didn't he lead the team in sacks last year?

I think he will be a good, solid player for the bills.

he is better than his stats!

Who did have the most sacks? And he was hurt for several games. A lot of Tex hate and get rid of everyone associated with Rex. Give him a break. Give Shaq a chance . Big year for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's worth a lot and there was a noticeable difference once he went on IR. 

There was?  Oh wait, there was but the defense was actually better with Shaq out lf

the lineup.  Shaq went down during Week 13 and the Bills went 3-1 down th stretch to clinch a playoff spot.