Bills Draft Day QB Worst Case Scenario

Of all the posibillities, I haven't seen much alluded to about the absolute worst case coming true on draft day.  Here is a very real possiblity.

1 Cleveland takes a QB not named Josh Allen

2. Giants take a QB not named Josh Allen

3. Jets take a QB not named Josh Allen

4. Cleveland takes non QB.

5. Broncos take Josh Allen or non QB.

6-7-8-9-10-11.  Someone trades up for Josh Allen if he is still on the board and it isn't the Bills.

12.  Bills having missed top 4 QB, don't take one here.

13-21.  Cardinals take Mason Rudolph, Chargers take Lamar Jackson or Saints(or New England) trade up for either of these guys before pick 22 and the Bills stay put.

22.  No QB of note.  Bills take non QB.

The "build the roster first" people will be STOKED.

• Sad 1

If this happens, I'd like to see the Bills trade down from 12, swap picks with someone looking to move up to grab one of the skill position players that fell in exchange for a 1st next year.  If there's no QB worth taking at 22, then trade down again.  Maybe swap #22 for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Use one of the 3rd round picks on a QB prospect like Falk, use the other 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds to build the roster, and have 3 1st round picks to use on a QB next year.  It would suck for this year but it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to this team.  

IMO the worst case QB scenario is the Bills trade a boatload of picks for #2 and they select Allen.  

Edited by Adam727
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Adam727 said:

If this happens, I'd like to see the Bills trade down from 12, swap picks with someone looking to move up to grab one of the skill position players that fell in exchange for a 1st next year.  If there's no QB worth taking at 22, then trade down again.  Maybe for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Use one of the 3rd round picks on a QB prospect like Falk, use the other 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds to build the roster, and have 3 1st round picks to use on a QB next year.  It would suck for next year but it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to this team.  

IMO the worst case QB scenario is the Bills trade a boatload of picks for #2 and they select Allen.  

I couldn't disagree more.  A bunch of picks and White is not a good scenario.  If we get Allen - while you may like it - at least you'll know that's who they wanted and they got him, let's roll with our new QB.  Allen and giving up picks isn't the worst scenario by a country mile.  

What I hope does not happen is that the Bills can't find a trading partner in the top 5, Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield are all selected early (top five or so), and then the Bills, desperate for a QB, select Rudolph or Jackson at 12, or worse, trade up for one of them.  At that point, unless the Bills really do have first round, top 12 overall grades on either or both of Rudolph and Jackson, I would want the Bills to take Roquan Smith (LB) (if available).  

I really hope that we end up with one of the top four QBs in the draft.  We have the draft capital to move up if necessary and possible, and we should if McBeane thinks there is a QB worth taking.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Even with all of the picks the Bills would not be on the level MIN.

Says you. And I said type team. We nail a few of those draft picks and we very well could. We get a def roy at mlb and the d is top ten. We get a d tackle to go with star and Kyle and could be top five.  

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Says you. And I said type team. We nail a few of those draft picks and we very well could. We get a def roy at mlb and the d is top ten. We get a d tackle to go with star and Kyle and could be top five.  

Says reality.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Some things need to happen obviously. Great secondary, solid d line, need lbs. we get a tre white impact guy at lb and look out. 

They have no QB. The OL is porous. The WR corps is terrible.  They lack pass rush.  Yeah, look out.  This team needs quite a bit and getting it there will not be job done this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have no QB. The OL is porous. The WR corps is terrible.  They lack pass rush.  Yeah, look out.  This team needs quite a bit and getting it there will not be job done this offseason. 

And again I said if mccarron turns into keenum. Last year nobody would have thought keenum would get 18 mil per . 

Just now, aristocrat said:

And again I said if mccarron turns into keenum. Last year nobody would have thought keenum would get 18 mil per . 

Keenum had excellent weapons in a system that made him look good.   The Bills don't have that and good luck on McCarron who's in Buffalo as a bridge QB at best. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Keenum had excellent weapons in a system that made him look good.   The Bills don't have that and good luck on McCarron who's in Buffalo as a bridge QB at best. 

Jesus. If our oc can’t run a system that makes aj look competent what’s he gonna do with a high prize rookie? So what you’re saying is our front office can’t draft and get guys that fit our system? That star and Murphy aren’t guys that will play well?  If they can’t find draft picks in the second and third I’d say it’s a good chance according to you they draft the wrong qb right?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus. If our oc can’t run a system that makes aj look competent what’s he gonna do with a high prize rookie? So what you’re saying is our front office can’t draft and get guys that fit our system? That star and Murphy aren’t guys that will play well?  If they can’t find draft picks in the second and third I’d say it’s a good chance according to you they draft the wrong qb right?

You're posting as if the team will be championship caliber in 2018 based on what happens this offseason. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If we don’t get Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen there will be hell to pay. 

Next year Mahomes is gonna light it up and Bills fans will realize no matter how good Tre White is, he DOESNT throw touchdowns. 

If the Bills fail this year I’m out and may they never win a super bowl. 

I'll say this, to me, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield are the only three guys I would trade up in front of pick 7 for.  Everything else at QB is a reach.  Allen's value to me is not even what Mahomes was last year.  At least Mahomes had crazy numbers (yards, TD/INT ratio).  His biggest concerns were coming from a spread offense and his horrible mechanics/footwork.  Allen has the latter concerns but he has pedestrian numbers against weak talent.  I'd put him in the 15-32 range.  I'm taking Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Denzel Ward, Will Hernandez, Trumaine Edmonds before I take Allen, Rudolph, or Jackson.  I only see Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield as top 15 guys.  And I would go Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, in that order from a production and polish standpoint.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're posting as if the team will be championship caliber in 2018 based on what happens this offseason. 

Turn around can happen quick.  If star and Murphy live up to potential so go along with Hughes we actually do have a pass rush. We get a legit mlb better than Preston and Davis plays healthy and well all year our defense looks really good. 

I have a lot of confidence in our drafting after last years draft.  

You say they if they can’t get the qb basically we whiff on all draft picks and we are awful?  

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

Rather McCarron than Allen, Jackson, and the non-first round projections.

Allen at 12 is okay.

What’s about day two which QB got the most potential to become a starter ? ( if any ) 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Turn around can happen quick.  If star and Murphy live up to potential so go along with Hughes we actually do have a pass rush. We get a legit mlb better than Preston and Davis plays healthy and well all year our defense looks really good. 

You say they if they can’t get the qb basically we whiff on all draft picks and we are awful?  

That's a lot of ifs regarding the defense, but the offense has major holes at QB, OL, and WR.  Confidence in the draft? This is Beane's 1st. Let's hope he gets it right starting with QB that he knows is the key to the future. 

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

like the optimism.:mellow:

:o Shocking coming from the guy who thinks every Bills' player is a hall of famer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This is a rebuild man.  The offense has the chance to be worse than last year.  Imagine that 

Related image

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's a lot of ifs regarding the defense, but the offense has major holes at QB, OL, and WR.  Confidence in the draft? This is Beane's 1st. Let's hope he gets it right starting with QB that he knows is the key to the future. 

:o Shocking coming from the guy who thinks every Bills' player is a hall of famer. 

Not mcds who ran last years draft. Based on the signings from last year I have confidence in the guys this year . Will they be all pros? No. But they can absolutely be very good.  

Like I said. If we are our out of the qb race and we whiff on all these picks like you’re saying we have the wrong front office and I don’t want them picking the qb anyways. 

24 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If we don’t get Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen there will be hell to pay. 

Next year Mahomes is gonna light it up and Bills fans will realize no matter how good Tre White is, he DOESNT throw touchdowns. 

If the Bills fail this year I’m out and may they never win a super bowl. 

Watson fell in our lap as well.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Not mcds who ran last years draft. Based on the signings from last year I have confidence in the guys this year . Will they be all pros? No. But they can absolutely be very good.  

Like I said. If we are our out of the qb race and we whiff on all these picks like you’re saying we have the wrong front office and I don’t want them picking the qb anyways. 

Based on the signings last year?  Those people are not with the team.  I don't think they intend on using all of those picks with some being used to move up. 

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

This is a rebuild man.  The offense has the chance to be worse than last year.  Imagine that 

Related image

Oh it absolutely does. I’m hoping Daboll is the right hire. Random qbs have decent seasons all the time. I’m hoping we get one of those this year at least. 3600 yards, 24 tds

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Based on the signings last year?  Those people are not with the team.  I don't think they intend on using all of those picks with some being used to move up. 

Mcd was here and running the show. And you know what this thread is about if we don’t move up for a qb. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Oh it absolutely does. I’m hoping Daboll is the right hire. Random qbs have decent seasons all the time. I’m hoping we get one of those this year at least. 3600 yards, 24 tds

Mcd was here and running the show. And you know what this thread is about if we don’t move up for a qb. 

3600 yards and 24 TDs?  Throwing to what players?

Beane is here and running the show now.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

3600 yards and 24 TDs?  Throwing to what players?

Beane is here and running the show now.

Mcd is still here to and I’m sure is working with him. So what you’re saying is that essentially these guys can’t draft any other position outside of qb. And that the free agent signings won’t make a difference?   I’ve said I have confidence in them drafting great players of they can’t get a qb prospect. Is that so ridiculous? 

Mccown threw for for those types of yards with less talented receivers. 

I expect that Darnold, Mayfield,  Rosen  will go in the top 4 picks and that none of those teams are interested in trading down.   Allen is likely to be a bust- all arm and not much accuracy.   We get Rudolph with #12 and go about the rest of our draft. Rudolph is well balanced, smart and has a log of upside.