Two starting lineman gone. Are you still open to trading a 2019 1st?

Ramza86

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I have no issue with doing whatever it takes to get a franchise QB

as the draft gets closer I don't think we wil have to move up that far to get one.

if it is cleveland at #4 then they are oging to want #12 and our 1st in 2019 IMO

More like 12-22 and next years first

Yes, next season is a great season to let a rookie go through his growing pains.

Then next year we will have a young talented QB under a rookie contract with tons of spending money. We can be aggressive to get the pieces we need to surround our young franchise QB.

16 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Just wondering what you guys think. Its a tough sell for me now. 

Imagine taking a guy like Rosen with health issues already and some key holes on the O line. 

Could be a rough year and a rough record. We could be giving up a high pick next year if the 2019 1st is offered. 

Let's just say building a team is like trying to build a great Hamburger. The QB is the meat, any great Hamburger starts and ends with the meat. You can add Bacon, Chedder, carmelized onions, tomatoes, relish and it enhances the burger.

Hell, a great bun is important too, more like the defensive ends and cover guys in importance though. A good bun with all the enhancers is more like a BLT not a great Hamburger.

Please go get the  best meat!

6 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

More like 12-22 and next years first

I don't think it wil cost that much to move to #4

Our #12 and #22 ot get to #4 would be an over payment according to trade charts

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Let's just say building a team is like trying to build a great Hamburger. The QB is the meat, any great Hamburger starts and ends with the meat. You can add Bacon, Chedder, carmelized onions, tomatoes, relish and it enhances the burger.

Hell, a great bun is important too, more like the defensive ends and cover guys in importance though. A good bun with all the enhancers is more like a BLT not a great Hamburger.

Please go get the  best meat!

Lol. Lets just say the bread is the offensive line. Without those two lovely little covers there is no hamburger and its just exposed...rotting slab of meat. 

22 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

just get Josh Rosen, whatever it takes.  hopefully it won't take more than 12 and 22 but we'll have to wait and see

Exactly.

I like(d) Richie, but he wasn’t part of the future anyways. Him retiring is nothing more than a speed bump.

I think we needed serious help at O-line, linebacker and even wide receiver.   The people who were ignoring the needs there in a desire to move up regardless of cost are not going to change their mind.   I  think we can still trade both our first round picks this  year and both our second round picks and a third and get one of the top 5 QB's.  We then would have another shot at the top QB next year, and the year after.

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I think we needed serious help at O-line, linebacker and even wide receiver.   The people who were ignoring the needs there in a desire to move up regardless of cost are not going to change their mind.   I  think we can still trade both our first round picks this  year and both our second round picks and a third and get one of the top 5 QB's.  We then would have another shot at the top QB next year, and the year after.

The opportunity to acquire other players at positions of need expires in 2018 via a new league rule that only applies to the Bills. :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

I'd trade anything from THIS YEAR but not our 1st next year. I've got a feeling our next year pick will be pretty high. 

I agree with this.......Bills caught lightening in a bottle last year - now down 3 linemen, 2 good starters and LEADERS in the locker room......I am not too enthused about 2018.  Mean mean pick in 2018 for sure.....I am all in on trading up and getting " the guy" - I just hope the Bills are smart and don't pick the concussion kid - the D is going to pay for the move up for sure.

I have a ton of faith in Beane and McD but these retirements were not in the plan at all - this is gonna be crazy.

18 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Get your quarterback  HOPE THEY DO

Protect your quarterback  DOESN'T LOOK GOOD RIGHT NOW

Get to the other teams quarterback  A PLAYER OR TWO AWAY IMO

Edited by Kwai San

19 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would still be going all in to get the franchise QB. I would be playing AJ until the line proves it can block though.

this.  avoid a Carr situation.  Get the QB you think is the guy.   

Draft OT Crosby and C/G Ragnow in the 2nd/3rd.