I love this forum

I have so much fun here. Debates are fun, everybody is ultra witty. The petty arguments get obnoxious, but that's the internet :) .

But regarding the BBMB hating, just relax folks. I love having more posters from I (assume) a different culture.

xe·no·pho·bi·a

(zē′nə-fō′bēə, zĕn′ə-)

n.
Fear, hatred, or mistrust of that which is foreign,

Can we stop putting down BBMB posters please? If you're a little slow. xenophobia is a bad thing.
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I have so much fun here. Debates are fun, everybody is ultra witty. The petty arguments get obnoxious, but that's the internet :) .

But regarding the BBMB hating, just relax folks. I love having more posters from I (assume) a different culture.

xe·no·pho·bi·a

(zē′nə-fō′bēə, zĕn′ə-)

n.

Can we stop putting down BBMB posters please? If you're a little slow. xenophobia is a bad thing.

I would agree to an extent.  I am from the BBMB and I was met with a lot of hostility from a few members.  

I think a lot of use have issues with the BBMB moderators like @T&C because he, quite honestly, was an unfair jerk to many of us.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

xe·no·pho·bi·a

(zē′nə-fō′bēə, zĕn′ə-)

n.

It's not so much that we fear or hate the BBMB refugees, it's just that in any population there are going to be asshats.  There were already plenty of established asshats on TSW and we didn't need to import any more.

That said, most of the BBMB refugees are not asshats and have been welcomed.  But still, you guys do kinda smell funny :sick:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

When the BBMB folks flooded on here their was a turf war of sorts. Later on @SDS had made it clear they were no longer former BBMB people but members of TBD.  There is no question in my mind the replies here are in jist and fun. Hoping the "newer" posters here realize this and the more "senior " posters keep the respect...while having a good time.

Edited by fansince88

10 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

When the BBMB folks flooded on here their was a turf war of sorts. Later on @SDS had made it clear they were no longer former BBMB people but members of TBD.  There is no question in my mind the replies here are in jist and fun. Hoping the "newer" posters here realize this and the more "senior " posters keep the respect...while having a good time.

yeah it was interesting to see them adopt the new culture which they have to. Can't go to Ireland and not buy into their culture, you'd just be a loser.

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's over a year ago... new people aren't even BBMBrs 

they were for like the first month or two that's all lol

they still get flak every now and then, which says a lot about the character of that bugs me as well as 

1. post count put downs

2. accusing people of multiple accounts (who besides saciorpete has time for that

3. Dunkirk Don selling his property on a scam LOL

1 minute ago, BuckeyeBill said:

And we love you!

STFU

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

so.. who's our favorite BBMB guy?

Just now, NickelCity said:

I've never visited BBMB, and it did seem to throw things into chaos here when the everyone migrated over. Still having a good time talking bills, and the traffic is a good thing.

it calmed down certainly.

7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I've never visited BBMB, and it did seem to throw things into chaos here when the everyone migrated over. Still having a good time talking bills, and the traffic is a good thing.

I had an account there. It was "different"  :sick:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I was a BBMB and when I came over here I thought finally a forum that doesn't overreact to preseason games, post that the season's over after every bad play during a game day thread, and creates countless threads on the same topic like a quarterback draft class.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I was a BBMB and when I came over here I thought finally a forum that doesn't overreact to preseason games, post that the season's over after every bad play during a game day thread, and creates countless threads on the same topic like a quarterback draft class.

It was like a cocktail of LSD, PCP, and Cocaine. :lol:

It's all a crapshoot on this social media thing. Why do I try to be cordial when there is a serial media sociopath waiting to pounce on my every weakness ? 

Just kidding, this board is many things and entertaining is definitely one of them. I love the humor and yet the depth of understanding and love of Buffalo sports and culture. What is this thread about again?

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

It's all a crapshoot on this social media thing. Why do I try to be cordial when there is a serial media sociopath waiting to pounce on my every weakness ? 

Just kidding, this board is many things and entertaining is definitely one of them. I love the humor and yet the depth of understanding and love of Buffalo sports and culture. What is this thread about again?

Let's be nice human beings folks.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

offseason

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was like a cocktail of LSD, PCP, and Cocaine. :lol:

An accurate description, but I was being sarcastic.  This board is better at getting rid of multiple threads on the same topic though.

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

If you are on TBD then there is no Bbmb 

to many want to bring it up.   It’s gone 

Sure but I can name you my favorite posters, and maybe there's a BBMB guy in there. I never kept track who was BBMB. No idea how TSW tracked that because again, who cares?

Just curious what great guys BBMB gave us is all.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sure but I can name you my favorite posters, and maybe there's a BBMB guy in there. I never kept track who was BBMB. No idea how TSW tracked that because again, who cares?

The date people joined kind of gives those people away.  

I love new members. Everyone needs to give them a welcome. 

Problem is some come in with attitude.

Even when I joined I know a lot of us got time outs.  

It happens. 

Bbmb gone TBD still around. 

Enjoy 

hope you can make a tailgate party hope the opener.  Any other game you are more than welcome to join us at Hammers 

• Like (+1) 2

If Dunkirk Don was BBMB I take back everything about BBMB. BBMB sucks if they brought that scam artist.

"BUY THIS PROPERTY NOW IT'S GOING TO GIVE YOU A HUGE RETURN ON INVESTMENT. I KNOW PEOPLE"

//buys Dunkirk's Don crap property

what an idiot.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

I would agree to an extent.  I am from the BBMB and I was met with a lot of hostility from a few members.  

I think a lot of use have issues with the BBMB moderators like @T&C because he, quite honestly, was an unfair jerk to many of us.  

Many were treated with hostility because, imo, the board took a huge turn for the worse in the weeks after BBMB closed.  Since then, the majority of the posters that were making this place worse eventually weeded themselves out and are thankfully no longer active/banned.  While this place is a war zone at the moment the influx of good posters from BBMB have made this place even more enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

The date people joined kind of gives those people away.  

I love new members. Everyone needs to give them a welcome. 

Problem is some comie in with attitude.

Even when I joined I know a lot of us got time outs.  

It happens. 

Bbmb gone TBD still around. 

Enjoy 

hope you can make a tailgate party hope the opener.  Any other game you are more than welcome to join us at Hammers 

In Texas but once I start making money I'll happily fly in for home games, looking forward to seeing the Dallas/Houston travelers in the meantime. Just don't get mad it I set myself ablaze and break by back on a table. Have to go through the hazing prcess right?

Entire family is a Bills fan but my Dad who grew up watching the Dolphins go undefeated with Bob Greise or whoever. Took me a while to realize that's a total **** move. It would be like if I was a Patriots fan.. and I would hate myself forever.

We bond over Knicks and Syracuse, but jesus.. the Dolphins??

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

xe·no·pho·bi·a

(zē′nə-fō′bēə, zĕn′ə-)

n.

Some of us long time members were considering building a great big fire wall to keep you guys out.

...in the end we couldn't decide who was going to pay for it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 4