TSW Mock Trade Draft vs Actual

Virgil

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Ahh but Johnsons contract is cheaper and Barkley is overrated. It’s a similar trade bills made with Glenn. Johnson is better 

Not sure about that. Johnson will be hitting free agency sooner than Barkley. Barkley will be on a rookie contract for 5 years. Johnson might make less for one or two seasons but he'll make more on his new deal or be franchised.

And if Barkley is as good as advertised, he'll be the better back.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

49ers should run to the podium...

Except that we have a very good trade offer already on the table. Very good guard and good QB still available so we find ourselves in a valuable position

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There is Zero and I mean Zero chance of QBs being drafted with the first 3 picks.

I mean, it’s obvious one and three are taking qbs. 

That leaves the Giants who could possibly be interested in drafting a qb or trading the pick to a qb needy team. 

I dont understand how a reasonable or logical person could guarantee that with any amount of certainty. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

...and just like that the draft went from slightly unrealistic (but still fun) to madden. 

Player trades should have have been banned. 

I agree with the player trades, but it doesn’t mean the Cardinals couldn’t still make that trade with a package of other picks.  

So the means may be off, but result could be the same 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I agree with the player trades, but it doesn’t mean the Cardinals couldn’t still make that trade with a package of other picks.  

Realistically for this exercise there's not much difference with David Johnson or the 2019 1st.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TOboy said:

With the 8th pick in the 2018 draft, the Chicago Bears are proud to select LB Roquan Smith from the university of Alabama.

Georgia

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There is Zero and I mean Zero chance of QBs being drafted with the first 3 picks.

Unless someone trades into pick 2, because then it's a virtual certainty 

• Haha (+1) 2

***TRADE ALERT***

We all know John Lynch loves wheeling and dealing. They now find themselves in a valuable position with one of the draft's top players as well as a good QB still on the board. They would love to choose Nelson but the offer was too good to pass up.

The 49ers have decided to make a trade with the Cincinnati Bengals:

49ers give:

Pick #9 (1350 points)

Bengals give:

Pick #21

2019 1st round pick

Pick #77 (1805ish points)

Cincinnati is now on the clock!

With the 9th pick of the 2018 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals OFFICIALLY select...

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

Reasoning:

Andy Dalton is a 7 year NFL vet, started since his rookie year. 7 years and zero playoff wins. It's time the move on. Fortunately, 2018 we can cut/trade Dalton with just 2.4 million in dead cap hit. Unfortunately, the QB class next year is expected to be lame. Enter Jackson. This gives him a season to sit, learn and put on some mass. Plus, Matt Barkley is the #2 QB as of now. That needs to be resolved.

There are always teams that make a move for a QB that weren't necessarily though of. KC and Chicago last year. With the early run on QBs I needed to make a move.  Lamar Jackson...is a Bengal.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 2

Okay, definitely swerved into crazy town. 

People trading next years first all willy nilly to get into the top ten to take a guy that most likely would have been around mid 20’s? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Okay, definitely swerved into crazy town. 

People trading next years first all willy nilly to get into the top ten to take a guy that most likely would have been around mid 20’s? 

Fair argument. But I could also argue that there would be 4 teams before I would pick at 21 that may be in on a QB. There are bigger needs than QB in Cincinnati, but with both the FA crop and draft expected to be bad, you have to plan for a future without Dalton. 2018 is an easy out in his contract. He was pulled from games twice last season for ineffective play. And sorry, but Matt Barkley isn't a legit #2. 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Fair argument. But I could also argue that there would be 4 teams before I would pick at 21 that may be in on a QB. There are bigger needs than QB in Cincinnati, but with both the FA crop and draft expected to be bad, you have to plan for a future without Dalton. 2018 is an easy out in his contract. He was pulled from games twice last season for ineffective play. And sorry, but Matt Barkley isn't a legit #2. 

I agree. If you zero in on your QB you have to make sure to get him. You don't know who is going to try and beat you to it. Could be Miami, Baltimore, who knows

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

I agree. If you zero in on your QB you have to make sure to get him. You don't know who is going to try and beat you to it. Could be Miami, Baltimore, who knows

Could even be the Giants at 22 leapfrogging. Steelers, Jags...you never really know.

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I've got this wonderful feeling that I'm going to be 'on the clock' while I'm in bed and you'll all be cursing my name :D

Don’t kid yourself. We curse your name all hours of the day 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

With the fishes?

or in davy jones locker! where they belong

The Green Bay Packers have been waiting patiently all draft.  We still have our top 3 guys available, but getting nervous since there are 3 picks ahead of us.

Edited by bkep32

53 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

In an unprecedented move the Dolphins contacted me, Roger Goodell and requested that they move to pick 32 to have more time for their tiny little pea brains to process their next step. 

The Eagles are open to business and we will gladly take the 11th pick and their second in order to offer them more time. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I offered a package of picks, but received a counteroffer.  Thought about some positives and negatives and pulled the trigger.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Rumor has it the Pats offered Brady to move up to 4...

Another sign that Bill and Tom are not getting along :lol:

LMAO could you imagine if that was true...hahaha, Brady would be so pissed

6 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, it’s obvious one and three are taking qbs. 

That leaves the Giants who could possibly be interested in drafting a qb or trading the pick to a qb needy team. 

I dont understand how a reasonable or logical person could guarantee that with any amount of certainty. 

Because unless they are idiots you dont take the 3rd best QB when you have potential generational talents and best player available at their position still on the board