Was breaking the drought worth it?

Was breaking the playoff drought worth it considering how much draft capital we nee to burn now to get our QB of choice?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Breaking the drought will end up being very expensive in terms of draft picks if we do trade up. Should we have tanked instead?

• Was totally worth it to break the drought.
    • Not worth it, we could have vastly improved whole team and gotten our QB if we tanked.

15 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I'm glad you guys had your fun with the weak playoff game with 3 points scored. When you see Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen in the HOF will you feel the same way? We weren't a good team, there was no reason to try and win year 1 with a bunch of bad players

Yeah... because missing the playoffs by winning 5-7 games means the Bills get the #12 pick.... 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
18 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I'm glad you guys had your fun with the weak playoff game with 3 points scored. When you see Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen in the HOF will you feel the same way? We weren't a good team, there was no reason to try and win year 1 with a bunch of bad players

We were going to out tank the 0-16 Browns for Darnold?  You are pretty, pretty, pretty clueless or pretty bad at trolling.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Could have drafted Mahomes or Watson last year

I am so sick of seeing this!!!!!!   Mahomes has done nothing in the NFL.  He played one meaningless game, if the game had meant something he wouldn't have been playing Smith would have been.  Watson has shown some signs of brilliance but nothing to where he should be anointed the second coming of christ, not yet.

The Bills weren't the only team to pass on these guys.

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

i never gave a crap about breaking the drought just to break the drought when entering the season everyone was expecting it be a great draft for QB’s. 

We we all saw it coming. 

Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.  I bet you even miss it.

Just now, SinatraSinger said:

I am so sick of seeing this!!!!!!   Mahomes has done nothing in the NFL.  He played one meaningless game, if the game had meant something he wouldn't have been playing Smith would have been.  Watson has shown some signs of brilliance but nothing to where he should be anointed the second coming of christ, not yet.

The Bills weren't the only team to pass on these guys.

Why are you sick of seeing this? What is the difference between taking a chance on Mahomes or Watson last year or picking one this year? second coming of christ...was there a 1st...when was he drafted?

12 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

u dumb.

Nice comeback. We had the drought because we had 17 yrs of just trying to barely make the playoffs. Last year was no different. .500 team +-1 game. Same thing year in and year out. Snooze

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

We were going to out tank the 0-16 Browns for Darnold?  You are pretty, pretty, pretty clueless or pretty bad at trolling.

It's not about tanking it's about rebuilding. Get rid of all players with value and try and find young cheap players. They dipped their toe in but didn't jump in. You can't rebuild and build a winner at the same time. Those are conflicting goals. You have to choose one or you won't be successful at either

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Nice comeback. We had the drought because we had 17 yrs of just trying to barely make the playoffs. Last year was no different. .500 team +-1 game. Same thing year in and year out. Snooze

right if you take out the small fact that they just made the playoffs while still initiating big time roster turnover and opening up cap space while accruing a ton of draft capitol its the "same thing" as the last 17 years.... good call, man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is this a serious question? 

No, I was kind of hoping for a few more years of the playoff drought, it was fun until those idiots just HAD to go and make the playoffs, what a bunch of losers. 

My Daughter is a Senior in high school and wasn't even alive the last time we made it. So yes it was worth it. Besides, we have plenty of ammunition to still get our "HOF QB".

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right if you take out the small fact that they just made the playoffs while still initiating big time roster turnover and opening up cap space while accruing a ton of draft capitol its the "same thing" as the last 17 years.... good call, man. 

We won the super bowl? Where's our Lombardi?

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

tha **** said you can't rebuild and win at the same time?

cause that's what we just did

Yea sorry I won't be replying to you anymore. If you can't have an intellectual conversation with someone without swearing and name calling I don't have time for you. Good luck in life you sound like a winner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's not about tanking it's about rebuilding. Get rid of all players with value and try and find young cheap players. They dipped their toe in but didn't jump in. You can't rebuild and build a winner at the same time. Those are conflicting goals. You have to choose one or you won't be successful at either

so this team is never going to win based on what they are doing now?. They will probably get a QB plus other good players in this draft....

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

ok. so let me get this straight.... becuz we didn't win the super bowl its the same thing year in and year out?

solid call, bruh. 

The goal is to win the Superbowl isn't it? Or do you get a trophy for barely making the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 1

I did not think it was worth it.  Why?  I really didn't enjoy watching this team, with the offense as bad as it was against most decent competition.  I felt i was under no Illusions of them going anywhere in the playoffs.  I would have much rather they had a higher draft pick and missed the playoffs.  Did I root for them to lose?  No, I didn't WANT them to lose when I watched them (at least not in the way many wanted the Sabres to lose a few years back), but I do not think it was 'worth it'.

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Yea sorry I won't be replying to you anymore. If you can't have an intellectual conversation with someone without swearing and name calling I don't have time for you. Good luck in life you sound like a winner.

cool. you replied to a "u dumb" post when several other posters actually posted an intellectual disagreement lol. Glad you picked the silliest post to win a battle of wits.

The premise of this thread and your opinion is so bad I genuinely don't care to actually pose an argument.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

so this team is never going to win based on what they are doing now?. They will probably get a QB plus other good players in this draft....

They hurt their chances at rebuilding over the years by trying to win with bad players. Thats how you go .500 +-1 game year in and year out. Never good enough to win, never bad enough to draft great players at the top. Just hovering in the middle

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The goal is to win the Superbowl isn't it? Or do you get a trophy for barely making the playoffs?

so you are totally disregarding how the bills went about tearing things down to go in a different direction as of last summer. dude, are you trying to be that simple?

I said what I said and you come back with a dumb superbowl comment that has NOTHING to do with it. I hate to break it to you but last year wasn't even close to how others have went and the team, unlike other years, looks like it has a clear direction. for somebody to not be able to see that becuz "superbowl"..... just means they are really just not very smart or have their blinders up and are just being difficult for the sake of it.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

My sense is that actually we had 17 years of drought because Ralph and the team foolishly focused on desperately trying to acquire the next Jim Kelly and franchise QB.  This foolish focus ended up with the Bills repeatedly over-reaching for this QB (remember them giving the injury prone RJ a guaranteed contract, or foolishly spending a 3rd on whathis name from Oak who it turned out didn't even read the playbook, or starting a plethora of folks from Todd Collins/ Losman\Edwards before they were ready.

I hope the braintrust is smart enuf to not trade away the farm to move up for an alleged franchise QB who odds are will not make it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

They hurt their chances at rebuilding over the years by trying to win with bad players. Thats how you go .500 +-1 game year in and year out

They are building now. Your comments don't make too much sense. How close do you think the Browns are to the playoffs?

1 minute ago, nucci said:

They are building now. Your comments don't make too much sense. How close do you think the Browns are to the playoffs?

A lot closer than us if they get a great QB at 1 and Barkley at 4. Moves like that are franchise changing

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Lies.

Here is your post from the day we made the playoffs: 

before the game:

So before the game you thought people should be excited.  You were excited after the fact (unless you use omg regularly lol) but now months later it's snooze?  It's okay to enjoy your Bills fandom...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know about yall, but I'm looking forward to watching games in a few months and not having to hear "The Bills have the longest playoff drought in professional sports."  Clowns can have it.

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME !!!

Seriously!!! Does anyone know what 4 teams have gone longer than 5 years without making the NFL playoffs?  Everyone could guess the Browns but without cheating could they get the other 3?  Doubtful.  Further that the Lions haven't won a playoff game since 91 or the Browns since they came back to the NFL?  The Bills got themselves off of the top of one of those lists in a coaches first season and hopefully get themselves off the second list this year!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, section122 said:

Lies.

Here is your post from the day we made the playoffs: 

before the game:

So before the game you thought people should be excited.  You were excited after the fact (unless you use omg regularly lol) but now months later it's snooze?  It's okay to enjoy your Bills fandom...

By then yes it was too late. To summarize my posts from last year it was "let's trade everyone" then "ok they traded some but not all so I'm not happy" and then halfway through the year they had beaten Atlanta and some other teams and at that point we aren't getting a top pick so might as well enjoy it. But knowing all along we are screwing up our chances at getting a top QB. We still could (although not looking good now) but we are going to have to give up a TON of picks to do so. 

Please feel free to find my posts from before the season where I said let's trade Tyrod for a 3rd, Shady for a 2nd, Sammy for a 2nd. The rest would have worked itself out.

Edited by kdiggz

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

Those poor souls who voted "Not worth it". Joy has been sucked from them.

I said it was a fun week leading up to the game, but I’d still gladly trade that for a better first round position.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

By then yes it was too late. To summarize my posts from last year it was "let's trade everyone" then "ok they traded some but not all so I'm not happy" and then halfway through the year they had beaten Atlanta and some other teams and at that point we aren't getting a top pick so might as well enjoy it. But knowing all along we are screwing up our chances at getting a top QB. We still could (although not looking good now) but we are going to have to give up a TON of picks to do so. 

Please feel free to find my posts from before the season where I said let's trade Tyrod for a 3rd, Shady for a 2nd, Sammy for a 2nd. The rest would have worked itself out.

(S)he was against it before (s)he was for it.

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

Only in Buffalo do fans want to keep losing for higher draft picks

The draft is the pinnacle of the TBD league year.  You play the whole season just to determine the draft order.  Winners are losers, and losers are winners.

I really needed that playoff game but a losing season would have greatly increased the odds of getting a franchise QB.  It is sad that simply sucking does more than accumulating a boatload of picks.  

What really makes me sick is is that the Steelers got Big Ben and the Giants got Eli the only year they were worse than the Bills.  The Bills are bad at being bad.  Zero 1st or 2nd overall picks between 1986 and now.  1 3rd overall pick. 1 4th overall pick and zero 5th or 6th overall picks during that same span.