Breaking: no charges against Zay

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Because I don't think a football player should be treated any different than a homeless person off the street. 

You really don't see an issue in that? Just because he's bringing home 6 figures from the Bills doesn't mean he should he treated any differently in the legal system than you or me, or anyone else when it comes to pressing charges.

He's just a football player. Nothing special. 

Nothing special, I agree. But if you're going to make a complete ass of yourself and break a bunch of stuff ( not your own) in the process , you'd better be able to write a check. If you cannot pay for the property you damaged, you deserve whatever the legal system can throw at you. I don't care where he gets his $$ from , football or whatever. 

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nothing special, I agree. But if you're going to make a complete ass of yourself and break a bunch of stuff ( not your own) in the process , you'd better be able to write a check. If you cannot pay for the property you damaged, you deserve whatever the legal system can throw at you. I don't care where he gets his $$ from , football or whatever. 

I agree with this to an extent... Like I said in my other post, it works out for all the parties involved to just move pass this. I don't think that just because you can afford it means you get to walk around destroying property, that's part of where I have a problem with him not being charged. 

Again, that's just an opinion.  Sure he can pay for it all, but if you're a tenant in that building, or even Cayleb Jones's girlfriends neighbor  (if i ever lie about a source, that'll be it), do you want him charged? 

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I enjoy that you find roger goodwill consistent. 

Or think that roger is unaffected by video going public

::ahem::WeAllKnewRayRiceKnockedHerOutCold::Cough::

Or know what cyrus brought to the league office - could he have had a prescription for something that went wrong? 

im not arguing he will or should but if he got hit with a game I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. 

After what they did to Seantrel nothing will surprise me. 

And on a completely different note, the whole Elliot thing last year. He wasn't charged with anything, and she appeared to be conspiring against him. But he had that video of him lifting the girl's shirt up. You never know what he's going to do. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
House Cleaning... Kayleb to Cayleb... Awful grammar quoted in Boatdrinks post

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree with this to an extent... Like I said in my other post, it works out for all the parties involved to just move pass this. I'm still not sure whether I think he should have been charged or not. I don't think that just because you can afford it means you get to walk around destroying property, that's part of where I have a problem with him not being charged. If Kayleb's 

Again, that's just an opinion.  Sure he can pay for it all, but if you're a tenant in that building, or even Cayleb Jones's girlfriends neighbor  (if i ever lie about a source, that'll be it), do you want him charged? 

No, it doesn't mean one should be able to make this sort of behavior a habit. From the little I know about the case, charges being droppedor  whatever seems fine. If the situation or actions were different I'm not sure. If the owner of the building wants him charged, that seems fine. A tenant in that building? I'd say no, that shouldn't matter. It's not their property that was damaged. 

wow some of you guys are really taking this way to far.

In my younger days in the army we got in to fights, sometimes those fights happened in public, sometimes things got broke. None of us did Jail time for it. What normally happened was you paid for what you broke, apologized profusely, promised never to act like an idiot again and they slapped you on the wrist. It isn't like he hurt anyone but himself.

College kids get drunk and tear **** up all the time without ending up in jail as long as they pay for what they broke. Young men do dumb ****. Its as simple as that.

He might have been trying some exotic drug or someone might of though it would be funny to slip something in his drink. None of us know why it happened.

30 minutes ago, steven50 said:

wow some of you guys are really taking this way to far.

In my younger days in the army we got in to fights, sometimes those fights happened in public, sometimes things got broke. None of us did Jail time for it. What normally happened was you paid for what you broke, apologized profusely, promised never to act like an idiot again and they slapped you on the wrist. It isn't like he hurt anyone but himself.

College kids get drunk and tear **** up all the time without ending up in jail as long as they pay for what they broke. Young men do dumb ****. Its as simple as that.

He might have been trying some exotic drug or someone might of though it would be funny to slip something in his drink. None of us know why it happened.

I don't have any experience in this but I have a friend who had something slipped in his drink, and my dad also went through this too. Both, not surprisingly, were out of the country, they both were pretty much passed out and just puking all over from the accounts they got. That reasoning just seems like an excuse to absolve him of any real responsibility.

I've done a lot of dumb things. And I will do plenty more. I guess I just feel uncomfortable with a professional athlete running around out of control to the point of harming themselves and causing thousands of dollars of property damage. I only bring up professional athlete in this instance because he would whoop my ass, or your ass, and whoever's ass when he's out of control. He's lucky his brother was there. He was a risk to himself and everyone else.

The guy busted open a window on the 30th story of a building, I'm guessing with his bare hands or feet. Do you know how much strength that takes? The guy was out of control.

I have a friend who got wasted and just walked down the street in Fredonia seeing if car doors were open. He found one, and it happened to have the keys in it and he started driving it. He was 21, he got a DWI, as he deserved, but arguments like yours make it seem as if Zay did it we should just chalk it up to "boys being boys". 

Thankfully, no one was hurt the night he did that. No one was hurt besides Zay when this happened, that doesn't mean you just throw the charges out in my opinion.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, mileena said:

No it isn't. He wasn't in public. The windows were his own or his brothers and that is a civil matter if the tenant doesn't want to press charges. The stupidity on this board amazes me.

You calling out stupidity is too rich. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Idandria said:

His bro (or who ever he assaulted) declined to press charges.

or they will pay off who ever owned the property they messed  up. Money talks.. especially when they know you play in the NFL. 

He didn’t assault anyone as far as I know. I didn’t think there was any reason for his brother to press charges. I thought it was all on the hotel. 

The reason I said he must have a good lawyer is that he caused significant damage to the hotel. But as many mentioned he probably offered to stroke a huge check to cover it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

We still have no idea why this happened? Drugs maybe... I have a friend who goes straight lunatic when his blood sugar gets low. I'd really love to know what caused this seemingly straight laced young man to lose his sh**. Swept under the rug and I hope the NFL does the same. No need to suspend him if the LAPD and the hotel where it took place aren't pressing charges. Every year there are far worse situations that occur. Slap the wrist and move on.

happy for him

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Both.    

THANK YOU. both players could have made a play. My point is Calvin Johnson catches that easy, and doesn't run that dumb route... Look at the play from the beginning, he hits a terrible route. Problem is the WRs on the field were 10% Calvin Johnson at best. I WANT A #1/2 WR OPPOSITE ROCK HANDS BENJAMIN. Plays like this are going to happen to any quarterback. Thing is, Gronk catches Brady's now limp **** passes.

but nah WRs don't need to make plays like this. QBs don't need WRs right? Pass and catch sets up the W.

12 hours ago, mileena said:

No it isn't. He wasn't in public. The windows were his own or his brothers and that is a civil matter if the tenant doesn't want to press charges. The stupidity on this board amazes me.

No he was in a common hallway of the building, so to an extent that is public.  I guess what he did is at best marginally criminal, so the charges are dropped.  However I'm sure civilly he is liable.  If I was him I would pay up the damage at least. 

Anyone think he went back and cleaned up his own blood LOL?  In this day and age, no one wants to do that and get exposed to who knows what

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JackKemp said:

The fact that there were no charges means there also were no drugs. My theory is that this was an Ambien caused sleep walk. Thank goodness he was with family that care about him.

that makes sense to me. I've ambien sleepwalked downstairs for snacks. like.. I could have easily fell down the stairs in terrible condition.

1 hour ago, MarkyMannn said:

No he was in a common hallway of the building, so to an extent that is public.  I guess what he did is at best marginally criminal, so the charges are dropped.  However I'm sure civilly he is liable.  If I was him I would pay up the damage at least. 

Anyone think he went back and cleaned up his own blood LOL?  In this day and age, no one wants to do that and get exposed to who knows what

Ambien really does cause this kind of behavior. Sleepwalking on that kind of hypnotic is a bizarre experience.

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

In a "charge evaluation worksheet" provided by the Los Angeles district attorney's office about why they are not pursuing property damage charges against Bills WR Zay Jones, prosecutors say the apartment complex did not want to press charges against Jones because his family "was cooperative, and had assumed financial responsibility for the damages." A representative for the apartments initially told police there was $20,000 in damages from Jones, who was found "covered in blood" after breaking 30th-floor windows, according to police. However, the apartment complex did not provide an invoice to prosecutors to prove the $20,000 in damages, and there was not surveillance footage available beyond that which prosecutors viewed from TMZ. Therefore, the case was declined.

One interesting thing  in the "charge evaluation worksheet" is that the TMZ video came from a surveillance camera - not a bystander

Also - all it mentions about his state of mind is that he was "agitated" :wacko:

Honestly I was dissapointed in him at first. Not the best way to represent Buffalo Bills. The charges dropped and I am over it. Remember Zay, some where out there some little Bills fan believes in you I think. Don't let that kid down.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

You're not a lawyer. I know it's fun just to ask questions and pretend that undercuts all proof, but it's not how it works.

It's pretty easy to connect the guy with all the cuts who had to be taken to the hospital is probably the one who smashed the windows on the 30th floor. This is just a rich kid getting off easy, if this was you, or me, or 99% of this society, we are getting charged.

You can pretend you know what you're talking about, but you have no clue. This was just an easy plea deal that saved the Sheriffs office money on not prosecuting and having trial costs, he I'm assuming offered to pay for cleaning costs and repairs, and the property probably wants this put behind them asap because this isn't really attractive to their clientele. And most don't want to deal with a trial.

But go ahead, ask your questions like you'd make a good lawyer. 

So, basically you’re saying I “know nothing”, but somehow you know the facts and that he should certainly be charged with a felony? Lol. 

Even an amateur can see there’s reasonable doubt here. Why would a DA take on such a silly case when suddenly everyone’s “I didn’t see nuthin’”. It’s an automatic loss of a case and a waste of resources considering he likely already wrote the hotel a check for their inconvenience. Who knows, he could’ve been drunk, tripped over the coffee table and accidentally fell against the window, breaking it and bloodied his hand. Let the cops go chase real criminals instead of a high naked dude walking around outside his hotel room. 

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

So, basically you’re saying I “know nothing”, but somehow you know the facts and that he should certainly be charged with a felony? Lol. 

Even an amateur can see there’s reasonable doubt here. Why would a DA take on such a silly case when suddenly everyone’s “I didn’t see nuthin’”. It’s an automatic loss of a case and a waste of resources considering he likely already wrote the hotel a check for their inconvenience. Who knows, he could’ve been drunk, tripped over the coffee table and accidentally fell against the window, breaking it and bloodied his hand. Let the cops go chase real criminals instead of a high naked dude walking around outside his hotel room. 

Except for the police report... and the pictures of the broken window on the public balcony.... I'm sure they didn't get a lot of cooperation from his brother, his brothers girlfriend, and any friends if they had them there. My other posts show we believe the same thing I guess, a deal was worked out.

I just didn't play dumb in my post and ask dumb questions. If they actually wanted to charge him, I think they definitely could, even without cooperation of the two witnesses we know about. But whatever, I had this debate already. As I said to the other poster, you said he didn't break any laws, he clearly did.

And your fake theory doesn't even work out. If that's the case he would have been arrested and easily charged for public intoxication for spraying blood all over that hallway. A rich kid got let off easy.

It's easy to say from a far, but if my neighbor is running around naked, yelling he wants to fight for Jesus, then comes back bloody after getting into something with his brother and trying to jump from your 30th story floor. I'd wonder if you'd consider him a real criminal then? I know I'd have no inclination to want to deal with that. !@#$ that. I don't care what sport he plays. If this wasn't a Bills player most of you wouldn't be making the points you are. ****, if this was Dareus last year, you'd all be losing your minds labelling him a thug and calling for his release.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 3/22/2018 at 10:02 PM, mileena said:

There was no evidence.

Wrong. No laws were broken.

So are you going to defend any of your **** posts or are you just going to act as if you were right the whole time?

When you have been nothing but clearly wrong this whole thread.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Except for the police report... and the pictures of the broken window on the public balcony.... I'm sure they didn't get a lot of cooperation from his brother, his brothers girlfriend, and any friends if they had them there. My other posts show we believe the same thing I guess, a deal was worked out.

I just didn't play dumb in my post and ask dumb questions. If they actually wanted to charge him, I think they definitely could, even without cooperation of the two witnesses we know about. But whatever, I had this debate already. As I said to the other poster, you said he didn't break any laws, he clearly did.

And your fake theory doesn't even work out. If that's the case he would have been arrested and easily charged for public intoxication for spraying blood all over that hallway. A rich kid got let off easy.

It's easy to say from a far, but if my neighbor is running around naked, yelling he wants to fight for Jesus, then comes back bloody after getting into something with his brother and trying to jump from your 30th story floor. I'd wonder if you'd consider him a real criminal then? I know I'd have no inclination to want to deal with that. !@#$ that. I don't care what sport he plays. If this wasn't a Bills player most of you wouldn't be making the points you are. ****, if this was Dareus last year, you'd all be losing your minds labelling him a thug and calling for his release.

You missed half the posters in the other thread essentially calling for this. 

In any case, you don't need to be rich-rich to get away with this: just able to pay for the damages (and I'm betting they were nowhere near $20,000).  No one wants to waste the money, time and aggravation on something like this when it can get settled with a simple payment. 

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Did you read the police report? Or, is that’s dumb question? If so, provide a link to it. 

On a scale of of crimes committed by athletes, where 10 is a crime against humanity, this incident comes in around a 1. This was a near victimless crime, only with Zay himself victimizing himself.

Dareus had a well-established pattern of having a bad attitude, lack of respect towards his coaches, and multiple run ins with the police. Maybe Zay will follow down this path, but getting high, naked, kicking a window, and wrestling with a brother doesn’t do it for me yet. Nor does it apparently do it for the LAPD. This was likely a normal night for them. 

I've been thinking about this, and if I am the bills I think that I suspend him with pay until he clears some psychological evaluations. I would not want this guy around others on the team until we know he is safe, and this isn't early for him

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I've been thinking about this, and if I am the bills I think that I suspend him with pay until he clears some psychological evaluations. I would not want this guy around others on the team until we know he is safe, and this isn't early for him

I’m confident the team is investing.  

On 3/23/2018 at 2:07 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't have any experience in this but I have a friend who had something slipped in his drink, and my dad also went through this too. Both, not surprisingly, were out of the country, they both were pretty much passed out and just puking all over from the accounts they got. That reasoning just seems like an excuse to absolve him of any real responsibility.

I've done a lot of dumb things. And I will do plenty more. I guess I just feel uncomfortable with a professional athlete running around out of control to the point of harming themselves and causing thousands of dollars of property damage. I only bring up professional athlete in this instance because he would whoop my ass, or your ass, and whoever's ass when he's out of control. He's lucky his brother was there. He was a risk to himself and everyone else.

The guy busted open a window on the 30th story of a building, I'm guessing with his bare hands or feet. Do you know how much strength that takes? The guy was out of control.

I have a friend who got wasted and just walked down the street in Fredonia seeing if car doors were open. He found one, and it happened to have the keys in it and he started driving it. He was 21, he got a DWI, as he deserved, but arguments like yours make it seem as if Zay did it we should just chalk it up to "boys being boys". 

Thankfully, no one was hurt the night he did that. No one was hurt besides Zay when this happened, that doesn't mean you just throw the charges out in my opinion.

Your right. We should lock up every college who gets drunk and does something stupid and not only lock up but throw away the key if a young guy is drunk and breaks a window.

I only bring up professional athlete in this instance because he would whoop my ass, or your ass, and whoever's ass when he's out of control.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE that is stronger then you and me deserves 20 years in prison for what they MIGHT do. Lets forget about what they did, lets throw them in jail for what MIGHT happen.

Jones was arrested on suspicion of felony vandalism after an altercation with his brother. A naked Jones was bloodied, and glass doors and windows were broken in the incident on the 30th floor of the building.

"Without victim cooperation," the report stated, referring to the building owner, the amount of loss cannot be determined.

In addition to not having a cooperative victim and lack of proof establishing the monetary amount of damages, the report stated, California law requires "malice," the intent to do a wrongful act with intent to annoy or injure someone else.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/23/l-a-da-office-offers-details-on-dropping-zay-jones-case/

Apparently California law requires "malice," the intent to do a wrongful act with intent to annoy or injure someone else. So being stupid isn't enough to get you put in jail. Everything else is civil not criminal

Edited by steven50

On 3/22/2018 at 8:02 PM, BullBuchanan said:

But... why do you sound like a lawyer?

Because he's speaking rationally, logically, and calmly?

On 3/23/2018 at 10:11 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

happy for him

THANK YOU. both players could have made a play. My point is Calvin Johnson catches that easy, and doesn't run that dumb route... Look at the play from the beginning, he hits a terrible route. Problem is the WRs on the field were 10% Calvin Johnson at best. I WANT A #1/2 WR OPPOSITE ROCK HANDS BENJAMIN. Plays like this are going to happen to any quarterback. Thing is, Gronk catches Brady's now limp **** passes.

but nah WRs don't need to make plays like this. QBs don't need WRs right? Pass and catch sets up the W.

You're right, if only Tyrod could play with all Hall of Fame receivers, he'd be a decent QB.  :rolleyes:

Go find a Browns board - there will be plenty of need to make excuses for TT there this fall.

Edited by BobChalmers