Show me Your Ride

Mark80

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Still wonder how electric performs at top end vs. petrol... Is it a steep drop off?

My S100D tops out at 155 MPH (and is limited by Tesla).  More than I'd ever use on a highway.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course!  You are right, not important.  Impressive, very impressive.

The 0-60 for the "performance" model of 2.5 seconds is better than anything out there, but after about a quarter mile, other cars catch up because of their higher top speed.  For the race track, you're better off with gas...for now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2005 CR-V with only 258,618 miles on it. 

The tailgate is covered in brewery stickers (plus a big Bills logo magnet). 

Best rig I will ever own (unless I get my dream vehicle....a 4Runner).

Either it, or I, will expire before we part.

6087.jpg

15 hours ago, Doc said:

My S100D tops out at 155 MPH (and is limited by Tesla).  More than I'd ever use on a highway.

An interesting car the Tesla. My buddy has one in LA..compnay car so he does not pay for it. Loves the acceleration, but it does not have some other features that most would consider standard now on cars above say $50K in price. BTW, i am not a car guy, do not know the model, but it is about a year old and know the car cost over $100K. 

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

An interesting car the Tesla. My buddy has one in LA..compnay car so he does not pay for it. Loves the acceleration, but it does not have some other features that most would consider standard now on cars above say $50K in price. BTW, i am not a car guy, do not know the model, but it is about a year old and know the car cost over $100K. 

Yeah, it's a minimalist interior.  I like it but others don't/wouldn't.

Not sure how to post a photograph or I would.  I've been off the site for a while due to the illness and unfortunate death of my wife in August, 2017.

My ride is a 1978 Ironhead.  It's white with whitewall tires on red wheels and loud would just be a huge understatement.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

Not sure how to post a photograph or I would.  I've been off the site for a while due to the illness and unfortunate death of my wife in August, 2017.

My ride is a 1978 Ironhead.  It's white with whitewall tires on red wheels and loud would just be a huge understatement.

Take pic.  Compress it down to under 200kb using a compression app.  I use "Photo Compress" for Android.  PlayStore.

200kb is site limit for attachnents.

Or: just find reasonable facsimile and post the photo link, it will embed in post.

New board is sweet!

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou said:

Find a stock pic of it on the internet if you can.  That's what I did.

And sorry to hear about your wife. 

Thanks Exile and Thanks Doc.  It's been a long, tough road, but I'm getting there.

I'm gonna ask for some help from some computer guys because the bike is worth a look and a listen.

Got a short video of it in the driveway last weekend.  To me it was a symphony!

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

Thanks Exile and Thanks Doc.  It's been a long, tough road, but I'm getting there.

I'm gonna ask for some help from some computer guys because the bike is worth a look and a listen.

Got a short video of it in the driveway last weekend.  To me it was a symphony!

Hang in there! Stay strong!

BTW... Post it on YouTube and all you have to do is copy link and paste it here.  You can video stills.

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I have 2017 toyota camry. I litterally drive the most boring car on the planet. 

You've got some competition from one of my coworkers that drives a 2015 Accord with a neutral grey paint job.  I call it The Dad Car

51 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

You've got some competition from one of my coworkers that drives a 2015 Accord with a neutral grey paint job.  I call it The Dad Car

Yep, although I would say even an accord is more exciting than a camry. The new 2018 camrys are pretty sweet looking though 

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yep, although I would say even an accord is more exciting than a camry. The new 2018 camrys are pretty sweet looking though 

Both Honda and Toyota have dramatically stepped up their styling.  They used to be the worst looking "big company" cars on the road and it wasn't even close.

17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Both Honda and Toyota have dramatically stepped up their styling.  They used to be the worst looking "big company" cars on the road and it wasn't even close.

You know what is one fugly car... That Honda Crosstour.  At first, kinda unique... But man, boy did it hit a brick wall at puberty! Probably why they canned it in 2016

I think I should buy one, we'd go together well!  :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You know what is one fugly car... That Honda Crosstour.  At first, kinda unique... But man, boy did it hit a brick wall at puberty! Probably why they canned it in 2016

I think I should buy one, we'd go together well!  :D

Me neighbor used to have an Insight.  I don't care how good that car was on gas, it was hideous.

The one that gets me is the Prius.  There has to be some engineering reason that car is so god-awful ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Me neighbor used to have an Insight.  I don't care how good that car was on gas, it was hideous.

The one that gets me is the Prius.  There has to be some engineering reason that car is so god-awful ugly. 

Honda Element is pretty effin' ugly, too.

And I agree with EII, re: the Crosstour.  I think the BMW X-6 is kind of ugly, too.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah I love my 2016 RAV4. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

This was my first ride in HS.  When I bought my kids their (much nicer) first car a few years ago, I put this picture on the sun visor and made them keep it there - just a little reminder to them how good they have it lest they forget  :) 

image.png.63e7ceac2e48ae48bde05e93741f49f2.png

• Like (+1) 1

L

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Image result for 2000 f350 green flatbedImage result for 1999 fuso

Next year adding:

2017 FORD F550 Flatbed Truck ,New Braunfels TX - 5000038847 - CommercialTruckTrader.com andImage result for trd pro tacoma

Your first picture is a far too nice example of the ever popular Crystal Beach Flatbed, seen skulking streets the night before garbage day, in search of the elusive scrap metal bonanza.  Yours needs more rust, an outlandish paint colour, and a 300 lb. checkerboard step bumper on the back to officially qualify.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/20/2018 at 12:16 PM, Dante said:

Need it for work 2016

I got a 2017 F150 Sport last year, pretty much like below. It's like driving around in my living room. Beautiful ride, incredible interior, great pick up, and Ecoboost gives me decent mileage.

I always get a kick out of people when they get in for the first time and are like "What in the holy hell??"

image.jpeg.f08277f388ba1df6875377451ade5bd9.jpeg

Edited by LABillzFan

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I got a 2017 F150 Sport last year, pretty much like below. It's like driving around in my living room. Beautiful ride, incredible interior, great pick up, and Ecoboost gives me decent mileage.

I always get a kick out of people when they get in for the first time and are like "What in the holy hell??"

image.jpeg.f08277f388ba1df6875377451ade5bd9.jpeg

How many miles have you put on it? I’d be skeptical of putting a turbo in a V6 myself, not sure how I feel about that engine.

Right now I drive a 2013 Honda Fit sport with only 25k on the clock. I like the thing, but it is abysmal in the snow. I'd like to trade it in for a Lancer because those are AWD and still stylish, and you can get screaming deals on them. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right now I drive a 2013 Honda Fit sport with only 25k on the clock. I like the thing, but it is abysmal in the snow. I'd like to trade it in for a Lancer because those are AWD and still stylish, and you can get screaming deals on them. 

If you put glass-packs on it I'll have to hang you by your toenails.