Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

Maybe Glenn did not want to play RT, by moving up to 12 we make sure we get the best DT, good linebacker at 22, a couple good players in the 2nd, high quality depth with two picks in the 3rd, or we could just trade all that away for Ryan Leaf.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's difficult for me to watch the front office make all these incredible moves, and then somehow think it culminates with signing Kirk Cousins.

I don't think you trade up if you're going to sign Cousins.    If you're getting Cousins, you want to add a lot of talent, not one guy at pick number 12.   I'd rather have the 21 and 22 and get two good players.    

I think this trade means the Bills sign a journeyman, bridge QB, because this looks like they're going after their QB of the future in the draft. 

7 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

You're not going to factor in the fact that we moved from 21 to 12 and made it way easier to get to into the top 5?

Chazz!! Hiya pal!

As for the topic. It works out I think that the Bills paid Glenn and the 10 million or so they eat of his salary, to move from 21 to 12. The money is part of it because teh Bengals can use that on their own players as I understand things right now.

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hey I don't know that much.

But from what I read Rosen knows the most about football by a lot.

And he alone worked on his mechanics enough to have them pro ready.

I don't see all that work and dedication is meaning that he doesn't care about football.

I think that it means if Rosen gets into a situation he dislikes (he already pooh-poohed Cleveland) that he going to pull a Ryan Leaf.

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wouldn't rule out Allen or Baker either, in fact, I think Baker is way more in play than some here think.  

Baker would be fantastic. Any of those 3, Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield and I will feel like we finally have a QB to work with. 

Allen has it physically, but mentally he doesn't see the game well enough for me to like him. 

I would also love Lamar Jackson, but he is a different type of player. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he is. Darnold was last year. But now I prefer Rosen. It's impossible to know anything of course. If I had my pick I would take Rosen.  

Glad to hear it.   I'm all in for Rosen too, but that worries me since my track record for evaluating QBs has been so poor in recent years.   :D  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I don't think you trade up if you're going to sign Cousins.    If you're getting Cousins, you want to add a lot of talent, not one guy at pick number 12.   I'd rather have the 21 and 22 and get two good players.    

I think this trade means the Bills sign a journeyman, bridge QB, because this looks like they're going after their QB of the future in the draft. 

I may be wrong, but I don't care if he only costs a box of HoHos. I've seen enough Kirk Cousins to know I don't want him as our QB.

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I keep hearing conflicting reports on what this means for the cap.   How much do we save on the cap for 2018?

So looks like we gained $4.8mm in cap room by trading Glenn.