Speculation: McCarron Lands in WNY

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Dan Orlovsky, who does some analysis film work, is using the Saban connection. Daboll and McCarron both well liked by Saban. 

I am a little surprised McCarron wasn't drafted higher. 

The guy murders every aspect of the Bill Parcell's formula. 

I forgot about the Alabama connection with Daboll.  Adam Schefter reporting the Bills interest a couple of days ago makes him the front runner as far as FA QB's.  It makes sense, but it still scares me that he's such an unproven commodity.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I think it’s a very solid risk. Came in and played well for Cincy a few years ago. Guy has a nice arm 

Threw for 190, 200 and 160 in his three starts. Lets give him 15M per year. Tyrod gets run out of town for those numbers. 

• Like (+1) 2

If they go get McCarron, they won't be drafting a QB. He is the future if they are signing him. If they sign him they go with an older veteran backup with Peterman #3 If they don't pick up another late round project QB this year and let Peterman go.

They can't go into a season  with a rookie, a guy with a couple games starting on his resume, and a guy who completed more passes to the other team then his own in half of a game...

4 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What if that Bridge is a backup?

Rosen will more likely outperform McCarron... you gonna keep McCarron or Peterman?

I don't understand why people want Rosen or Darnold , they will not do good in our weather , I'll put $200 on that. They will be garbage just like Rob Johnson, come on Bills fans get real

10 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

I don't understand why people want Rosen or Darnold , they will not do good in our weather , I'll put $200 on that. They will be garbage just like Rob Johnson, come on Bills fans get real

Odd comparison with Johnson. He had a great arm, just a sloooooowww internal clock. 

27 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

Jim Kelly went to Miami... it’s all a mindset and work ethic

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Agreed.  Andy Dalton . . . is who he is, the miracle in Baltimore notwithstanding. The Bengals saw both Dalton and McCarron in practice for years.  And stuck with Dalton.  

They’ve also watched Marvin Lewis coach for years. And stuck with Marvin Lewis. That’s how things work in the World of Mike Brown.

53 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

Just like Aaron Rodgers would probably never be able to handle Green Bay’s weather. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bob&Doug said:

Garoppolo signed Big "before he tore it up with SF" based on a couple of games..... why not McCarron ????

I'm pretty sure he only started 2 games for the Pats. At least McCarron basically won a playoff game for the Bengals until the penalty after penalty fiasco by the idiotic defense at the end of the game. That was more impressive than Jimmy G's starting resume. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fwiw John Murphy predicted this on his show yesterday, somewhat out of the blue

i heard that and it stuck with me as a bit of a leak....

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

If they go get McCarron, they won't be drafting a QB. He is the future if they are signing him. If they sign him they go with an older veteran backup with Peterman #3 If they don't pick up another late round project QB this year and let Peterman go.

They can't go into a season  with a rookie, a guy with a couple games starting on his resume, and a guy who completed more passes to the other team then his own in half of a game...

a.j    nate   rudolph   best lineup this team has had sinsce kelly   frank and avp. we are going to the postseason! book it!

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They’ve also watched Marvin Lewis coach for years. And stuck with Marvin Lewis. That’s how things work in the World of Mike Brown.

Just like Aaron Rodgers would probably never be able to handle Green Bay’s weather. 

Another Mike Brown trait, in addition to lethargy, is cheapness.  I cannot believe that the Bengals would not have sent Dalton and his thick salary on his way if they thought McCarron could do a comparable job more cheaply.  

One more point.  The bet here is that Foles is the target and the hint of  interest in McCarron/Keenum/etc. is designed to leverage the Eagles.  No matter the primary target though, McBeane seems way too sharp not to have something solid on the runway before trading Taylor. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

One more point.  The bet here is that Foles is the target and the hint of  interest in McCarron/Keenum/etc. is designed to leverage the Eagles.  No matter the primary target though, McBeane seems way too sharp not to have something solid on the runway before trading Taylor. 

I agree. It makes sense to leverage the Eagles. I would think the two teams interested in Foles are us and Arizona. 

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

They can sign McCarron and still draft a qB, there is no reason they can’t... It would also give them 2 possibilities for long term stability instead of just one. McCarron would get his shot first with smaller window to prove his worth

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I wouldn't hate it, but I don't know if it seems like much of an upgrade. 

Would rather he go to NYJ and free up another first round QB. 

Any team that signs McAaron will still be drafting a QB in the 1st round, especially when they own a top-10 pick

14 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm pretty sure he only started 2 games for the Pats. At least McCarron basically won a playoff game for the Bengals until the penalty after penalty fiasco by the idiotic defense at the end of the game. That was more impressive than Jimmy G's starting resume. 

And Taylor could have "basically won a playoff game" as well. And Tyrod was not playing at home, did not have an AJ Green or the 2nd best defense in the league. 

16 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

...HIGHLY doubtful IMO......classes like this with many viable candidates do NOT come along offten.....if McCarron is your future, just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when some of these draftees potentially show up big time.......