Speculation: McCarron Lands in WNY

10 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I don't disagree with  you but I think Peterman is the odd man out if the Bills sign McCarron( which I don't think they are going to do).

Peterman shouldn't be viewed as anything beyond a camp arm.  He can certainly prove otherwise, but he's shown nothing to count him as a sure part of the team.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Peterman shouldn't be viewed as anything beyond a camp arm.  He can certainly prove otherwise, but he's shown nothing to count him as a sure part of the team.

Cause you’ve been to every practice and sat in all team meetings?

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

If he's so good, why didn't he beat out Andy Dalton?

I’ve seen this question asked a lot. There was never a QB competition in Cincy. They paid Andy, and he is the starter. AJ didn’t have a the reps in practice to ever be able to “beat out” Andy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

McCarron is not coming to Buffalo!!!

Somebody mentioned Matt Moore. More realistic, with a low contract.

Buffalo is gonna move up in the draft to get their QB, who they’re gonna want to start day 1, why bring in a McCarron???

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

After the Glennon mess, and with McCarron being somewhat similar, I wonder if a 1 year prove it deal becomes a reality for QBs... Would be interesting. 

The Glennon/Bears signing was not a mess at all.  That is what the Bears planned, IMO!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

:rolleyes:

Teams typically have 2 Qbs on the roster.  Ours should be a vet bridge and a highly drafted rookie.

What if that Bridge is a backup?

Rosen will more likely outperform McCarron... you gonna keep McCarron or Peterman?

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

McCarron is not coming to Buffalo!!!

Somebody mentioned Matt Moore. More realistic, with a low contract.

Buffalo is gonna move up in the draft to get their QB, who they’re gonna want to start day 1, why bring in a McCarron???

Bills need to bring in a starting caliber QB in FA.  You can't rely on the draft, you never know what will happen.

Matt Moore has shown he isn't a starter in this league.

I think one of: McCown, McCarron, Keenum, Bradford, or Bridgewater will be in Buffalo.

Edited by Ittakestime

McCarron is a bit risky for that money, but other then Cousins who has the biggest upside in the FA QBs?  Which one has possibility of giving us long time security? I’d say McCarron would edge Bridgewater right now after his injury. We can still draft a guy. 

Drafting a bridge QB for a short period of time waiting on a draft pick gives us one option for long time security. McCarron and Bridgewater along with a draft pick give us two. At this point I don’t care the answer comes from, just want someone to step up so we can forget about this position for a few years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Garoppolo started a couple games for the pats followed by a decent amount with the 9ers

Garoppolo signed Big "before he tore it up with SF" based on a couple of games..... why not McCarron ????

• Like (+1) 2

If Buffalo moves up to grab a QB in the top 3-4 picks he’s gonna start.

Youre not gonna trade away 5-6 picks and hope a “bridge” QB can help him out down the road in 2-3 years.

Meanwhile your stud QB you picked at #3 plays lights out, now you have a backup QB with a $45M contract $18 Guaranteed on the bench...