Speculation: McCarron Lands in WNY

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What has has happened to this league!

Blame the friggin' Mud Ducks for offering Cousins 30 mil a year.  I am quite certain that is going to end up as a dumpster fire--It's what Minnesota does best.  

Best case scenario McCarron has a good season and we make it to the playoffs again. Mayfield is 100% ready to play in his 2nd year, we trade McCarron to a QB needy team and recoup a 1st or 2nd rd pick for what it took to trade up for Mayfield. I think McCarron knows he will have to earn that starting job wherever he goes. If we don't get Mayfield I would prefer going with McCarron and using our draft picks to improve the O-Line and D-Line. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dan Orlovsky, who does some analysis film work, is using the Saban connection. Daboll and McCarron both well liked by Saban. 

I am a little surprised McCarron wasn't drafted higher. 

The guy murders every aspect of the Bill Parcell's formula. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I am a little surprised McCarron wasn't drafted higher.  The guy murders every aspect of the Bill Parcell's formula. 

Because he was surrounded by an NFL caliber supporting cast and an offensive line that was arguably better than half of the NFL teams had at that time. Coupled with his deep ball chuck it style and occasional brain farts--he landed where he probably should have.

50 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I completely agree with you on this.  I don't think he's a realistic option unless Beane has told him flat out they won't be drafting a QB high.  Arizona seems like the perfect marriage for him.

I believe that’s true as well. He wants to start. The only way i see him signing somewhere who tells them their plan is to take a QB high is if they tell him they will sign him to a short term deal, with high guaranteed money, and start him for 2 years while the kid sits and then he can become a UFA and cash in elsewhere when it’s time. But that’s not happening with Rosen imo. I could see Darnold or Allen (high potential projects)

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I completely agree with you on this.  I don't think he's a realistic option unless Beane has told him flat out they won't be drafting a QB high.  Arizona seems like the perfect marriage for him.

I don't see any organization telling him they won't draft a QB high.  He doesn't have any clout.  Any starting opportunities he gets he should be grateful for.  

If he does so well a team can't replace him for the rookie, he will get his pay day.  Or if he plays well enough, he can be traded to a team that views him as the answer.  But today?  He's nobody a team needs to make concessions for.  Too many options available.  Especially for an Arizona team with Old vet Fitzgerald, and David Johnson in the backfield.  They would go after a Keemun or a Bradford type QB.

55 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I think Arizona wants an older guy like a McCown or a Bradford.

I agree. I don't think Arizona is going to want to take a chance with Larry Fitzgerald's last two years. I think their board is something like Cousins, Foles, Bridgewater. They should at least try to make a pitch to Brees as well. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They don’t need draft capital for mccarron. He’s a FA.

mccloughan doesn’t work for the Browns btw. He  is consulting with them for the draft (not FA/pro personnel side) and he isn’t consulting for them exclusively. Same as last year. He may get hired on eventually but he hasn’t yet.

My mistake , the Browns do have the cap room if they really wanted McCarron over Taylor. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I wouldn't hate it, but I don't know if it seems like much of an upgrade. 

Would rather he go to NYJ and free up another first round QB. 

I would absolutely hate eating Tyrods dead money to give McCarron 15m per year 

57 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

With the kind of contract McCarron is looking for, I doubt any team will sign him and then draft a QB in the first round.

If the Bills signed McCarron, Peterman is your backup and maybe they'd go after Mike White or Kyle Lauletta in the 3rd or 4th round.

....and that isn't a terrible idea either.  Love having all those picks.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Maybe his wife and Jordan Poyer's wife...I don't know where I'm going with this thought, but there is certainly something there. 

That's another plus, I believe a beautiful woman is the best motivation a man can have. He should've put that tattoo on his back though, the only tattoo I would put on my chest is a battle ship.

• Like (+1) 1