You are not allowed to get season tickets if you live outside of WNY.

49 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Right. Trump's trying to bring steel manufacturing back to Lackawanna. he doesn't want any foreigners bringing steel into New Era Field.  Plain as day, when you think about it. 

Too bad if steel mills do come back to the USA, they will employ robots and not humans.

ppl have to face facts, those jobs are gone forever.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

Sent you a private message brother!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This does not sound right I know people who have season tickets to the Bills and they live in Virgina and California. 

You are correct. There are exceptions.

My Dad bought season tix in 1960, the Bills inaugural season. He passed away in 1963 but my mother renewed every year since then for my brother and I who were huge

Bills fans at the tender age of 7 and 10. We have gone to most of the games over the years and share them with a great friend whose Dad was also an original season ticket holder

and we've kept them in our families for going on 59 years now. Our mother moved to Arizona about 10 years ago and they're still in her name but we proudly renew every year

and attend games whenever possible. The Bills are not inflexible if they know that hugely devoted long time fans are taking care of the tickets they buy and not putting them 

in the hands of vagabond derelict game attendees. Our family bleeds Buffalo red white and blue and we will til our last breaths.

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

#MBGA

17 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

What is their definition of “Western New York”? 

Anything “west of New York City”? You know, the epi-center of the universe. 

And while we’re at it, I hear there are some great investment opportunities east of Buffalo. 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

What is their definition of “Western New York”? 

IMO it includes it Northern California. Since 1980 my family and I ( who  gladly pays the tab) have had season tickets. Until 2013 in California.  now because of work related issues we have lived in Florida ( is Florida a state yet?) We Have held seasons since 2013 in the Sunshine state. So since the late 70's we have between family we have held  4 season tix. to Bills games. Although we have never sold tickets on the usual websites. I call BS on this  Since we have ate some bone crushing costs. Excluding travel. 

Long live the Jim Kelly  Club. 

Well I guess I just evened out their silly policy.  Ended my 30 year season tix.  Never lived in buffalo that entire period.  Only made one game the last 3 years as the flights are too much of a grind.

I wonder when they started this policy.  I’m a season ticket holder from CT (about 460 miles away aka 7 hour drive) and I’ve been a ticket holder since 2015.  I’m only able to attend 4-6 games on average but they’ve never once given me crap about the distance.  In fact when I finally did call a few years back for tickets the sales rep was saying how surprised I’d be if I knew how many people in CT were actually season ticket holders also.  I know a friend of mine is.  Kinda weird

Frankly, this is a great policy for keeping at least a few more tickets off the secondary market (and out of the hands of visiting fans). 

There are work-arounds for anyone with even a small fraction of cunning (as has been suggested more concretely by other posters). Toughen up. You can get those tickets if you want them.

31 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Frankly, this is a great policy for keeping at least a few more tickets off the secondary market (and out of the hands of visiting fans). 

There are work-arounds for anyone with even a small fraction of cunning (as has been suggested more concretely by other posters). Toughen up. You can get those tickets if you want them.

No worries.  I got tickets but this policy is real.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm honest to a fault and I won't apologize for that. I'm nervous that if I resort to shady means to get tickets, I'll get discovered somehow and get banned or something.

The sad thing is that we shouldn't even be having to have this conversation. I shouldn't have to sneak around in order to get tickets to Bills games!

For those saying they don't believe me, come on. Why would I make this up? Call the ticket office and ask. And, the one poster above did post the link that cites the 200 mile thing. It's legit.