Beane: "I have no intent to move up or down"

KDIGGZ

He actually says he isn't predetermined he has to do one thing at this stage and of course he has to say "I'm comfortable at 21 and 22" because if he says "I'm desperate to get into the top 5 or else we are screwed" he does the selling team's job for them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Such a smokescreen.

He's already said that Rosen will be one of the 30 players the Bills will bring in for a visit.

Why waste that slot on a player who will be drafted top 5-10 if you aren't considering moving up

It also sounds like he was a little enthused with his answer about Rosen coming in.  "Oh yeah" sounds a little better than just "yes".

I’m not even sure it’s a smokescreen as it is a non-story. A smokescreen would be designed to deceive teams. Are there any teams out there that honestly think that the Bills wouldn’t like one of the top QBs? Of course not, it doesn’t matter what he says. 

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

does anyone really believe he would tell anyone he was not going to move up? stock piling picks, with two firsts would make one assume/speculate he had some serious plans to use them. 

waiting for a QB to drop in their lap does not seem like an aggressive move, something beane has been since coming aboard, pretty aggressive.

They arent spending tons of time with guys like Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold if their intent is to stay at 21.  My mind would be blown if they dont trade up.   Guys like Beane and McDermott, who are intentional about everything they do, have to know they will be out the door in three years if they don't fix the QB situation as soon as possible.  Waiting until next year would be a horrible choice. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not even sure it’s a smokescreen as it is a non-story. A smokescreen would be designed to deceive teams. Are there any teams out there that honestly think that the Bills wouldn’t like one of the top QBs? Of course not, it doesn’t matter what he says. 

Essentially verbatim what I was about to type before seeing your post