Would you trade Hughes+picks to Giants for 2nd?

boyst

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Give Giants 22, Hughes and maybe a 4th or something for the second pick?

Would you do it?  Obviously targeting Rosen.

I don't think that gets it done, but I'd throw in Hughes if it closed the deal. I think it takes more firsts than just 22 to get that done. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Like who?  Adrian Clayborn? Kony Ealy?  Alex Okafor?  Maybe we'll get lucky and Demarcus Lawrence will hit the free agent market and sign with the Bills.  NOT!

Yes, where in the world can we find a DE that can make 44 tackles, 4 sacks in a single season, he's irreplaceable. It's obvious you like trolling the board but at least make your posts believable. 

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

No. He is our only bonafide pass rusher

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

No. He is our only bonafide pass rusher

He's older and has a decent cap hit, clear the old guys and cap space up. By the time we try to make a run, he will be a shell of his former self...get value while we can

19 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He's older and has a decent cap hit, clear the old guys and cap space up. By the time we try to make a run, he will be a shell of his former self...get value while we can

This was my thinking. He is not a Kyle Williams type to us but he is good.  Send him off while he has value. The Patriot way 

Giants are shifting to a 3-4 with James Bettcher. Hughes is a better 4-3 end most of his career. JPP and Olivier Vernon are going to become their OLB-Edge guys.

Hughes could be used as a trade chip to teams shifting to a 4-3 like Indy or the Cardinals. I could also see him going to Philly as part of a Foles trade. He was great for Jim Schwartz.

First, I think you really need to trade for either #2 or #3 if you want to be sure and get one of the top 3 QBs. If Minn signs Cousins, either the Broncos or Jets will most likely sign Keenum who has similar stats this past year to Cousins. Whichever team loses out is gonna try to trade up as well. If Cleveland has any common sense at all they will pick a QB with the 1st pick overall. Chubb should be their pick at #4... Running backs just shouldn't be drafted that high... RB's take alot of hits and have a relatively short shelf life in most cases. 

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

If the Giants would trade their 2nd overall for that I'd take it in a heartbeat.  I think maybe both 1sts, Hughes and a 2nd is more like it.  And I'd 100% do it for that. too, for a game-ready QB they're that high over.

If they did it to draft Darnold or Allen though, I think my face would melt

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

13 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So, you're ok with going into the season with Shaq Lawson and Eddie Yarbrough as your starting DEs?  Pathetic.

I'd rather go into the season with Laurel and Hardy as starting DEs than Tyrod Taylor as starting QB.