Would you trade Hughes+picks to Giants for 2nd?

boyst

Thinking about just picks, I imagine we'll have to trade this year's 1sts and our 3rd, along with our 1st next year. It's so hard to know what throwing a player in would do. I think a lot of people are trying to figure out ways to salvage next year's 1st but I don't see if if we need to get into picks 2-4. 

18 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

7 CB's will be taken in the 1st rd

SEVEN??? I'm not sure I have 7 graded in the first 3 rounds.  

If you count Fitzpatrick as a safety (and I think whoever drafts him may well try him at corner first) I have 1 first round corner - Denzel Ward - and I am lower than most on him even because I am not convinced about him on the boundary and think he might end up as a nickel.  Who are the other 6 going in the first round?  Joshua Jackson will I'm sure and probably Mike Hughes (who I actually like more than Jackson) but who are the other 4?

5 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Why would the Giants want Hughes when they already have 2 expensive pass rushers?

The Giants like a heavy rotation, the ability to use multiple sources to get to the quarterback

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

The Giants like a heavy rotation, the ability to use multiple sources to get to the quarterback

That was Spags.  He has gone.  They are going to a 3-4 under their new DC and I have always (despite what was reported when he first signed) thought Hughes was better as a 4-3 end.  

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That was Spags.  He has gone.  They are going to a 3-4 under their new DC and I have always (despite what was reported when he first signed) thought Hughes was better as a 4-3 end.  

I am fairly embarrassed that I don't even follow the NFL enough anymore to know basic things like this. But, yet, I am okay with this as the NFL is loosing me by the week. In a way it hurts but if the Facebook memes are correct it takes 21 days for the memory of love to be replaced, so I have a new chance at love.  I've been hearing great things about Women's Water Polo...

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Maybe two firsts and Hughes could get it done doubt 1 first 

Agreed.

22 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Give Giants 22, Hughes and maybe a 4th or something for the second pick?

Would you do it?  Obviously targeting Rosen.

Is Whaley the new GM for the NYG??

He might do that deal.

23 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm glad other people thought they could answer too.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:56 AM, Boyst62 said:

Of course. I do like 55 but if the Giants chose to swap 2 overall for an undersized high motor 30 year old DE with 2 years left on his deal and one of my two first rounders and a late pick.... I’d put my phone on mute, do a few cartwheels and the calmly unmute and agree to the terms.... 

even if i then trade back from two with someone else right after 

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I am fairly embarrassed that I don't even follow the NFL enough anymore to know basic things like this. But, yet, I am okay with this as the NFL is loosing me by the week. In a way it hurts but if the Facebook memes are correct it takes 21 days for the memory of love to be replaced, so I have a new chance at love.  I've been hearing great things about Women's Water Polo...

Dude, you need to think this through.  Yes, they wear swimsuits, but it's played in water.  Women's Volleyball for you, or at least Soccer.  Or the Korean Women's Curling Team.

If the NFL doesn't clean up the rule on what constitutes a completed pass and take steps to methodically make the ref'ing more professional and consistent, I may be right behind you to give it up.

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Of course. I do like 55 but if the Giants chose to swap 2 overall for an undersized high motor 30 year old DE with 2 years left on his deal and one of my two first rounders and a late pick.... I’d put my phone on mute, do a few cartwheels and the calmly unmute and agree to the terms.... 

even if i then trade back from two with someone else right after 

Agree first, then cartwheels.  Don't risk that deal on the chance of a bad connection or being cut off.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, you need to think this through.  Yes, they wear swimsuits, but it's played in water.  Women's Volleyball for you, or at least Soccer.  Or the Korean Women's Curling Team.

If the NFL doesn't clean up the rule on what constitutes a completed pass and take steps to methodically make the ref'ing more professional and consistent, I may be right behind you to give it up.

Agree first, then cartwheels.  Don't risk that deal on the chance of a bad connection or being cut off.

I'd rather have you in front of me.  Heeyyyyooooooo