Would you trade Hughes+picks to Giants for 2nd?

boyst

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Hughes is a pro bowl talent.  Glenn is a top 8 LT when healthy.  Both are not over half a tank left but both have years left in the league.

Thats what I think it would take. Just one mans opinion. 

And, probably only happens if the Browns take Barkley. 

Again, just a guess on my part 

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Glenn and Hughes + 22 +4th more realistic?

It's hard to rate Hughes right now.

See above?

They do need a passrush

I don’t think they want Hughes at all.  They have 2 good DE, both already getting paid (more than Hughes I believe).  They don’t have a lot of cap room.  They wouldn’t be able to acquire 2 10mill a year players.  There’s just no chance Hughes ends up in a trade to the giants unless they traded JPP or Vernon back to us.

i think it has to be 21, 22, glenn is the base.  Then a 1st next year if we don’t want to give up multiple picks in this draft.  If we won’t trade a 1st next year, then I think it costs us the base plus a 2nd and 3rd this year too.  Jmo of course.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think they want Hughes at all.  They have 2 good DE, both already getting paid (more than Hughes I believe).  They don’t have a lot of cap room.  They wouldn’t be able to acquire 2 10mill a year players.  There’s just no chance Hughes ends up in a trade to the giants unless they traded JPP or Vernon back to us.

i think it has to be 21, 22, glenn is the base.  Then a 1st next year if we don’t want to give up multiple picks in this draft.  If we won’t trade a 1st next year, then I think it costs us the base plus a 2nd and 3rd this year too.  Jmo of course.

MAJBobby would make that trade in a fraction of a second.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He had 2 Unsportsmanlikes and 2 Roughing the Passers last year. In 2016 it was 2 and 1. Theres a handful of offsides in there too.

This false perspective that he's a penalty machine is flat out incorrect.

2017: 68 penalty yards in exchange for 4 sacks,1 FF, and 28 tackles

2016: 80 penalty yards, in exchange for 6 sacks, 1 FF, and 31 tackles

2015: 114 penalty yards, in exchange for 5 sacks, 2 FF, and 37 tackles

Yeah, it's not a "false perspective"....

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

For reference, here's a list of guys on the team with as many or more penalties as Hughes:

A. Washington - 7 

J. Mills - 8

L. Johnson - 6

D. Thompson - 6

R. Incognito - 6

What's interesting to me, is three of those players are Offensive players and I'm guess they're of the holding / false start variety...meaning those are costing the Bills fewer total yards and while it's hard to assess situations from just a number of penalties, I know Jerry's penalties were coming at the absolutely wrong times, i.e. 3rd down etc. His 2013 and 2014 numbers were very productive...I didn't even look at those years for penalties because he had 10 sacks in each of those years I you can allow for more mistakes from a highly productive player, such as a higher INT rate for a QB who throws for a lot of yards and TDs, but the production does not warrant the risk of untimely penalties. IMHO

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What's a serious offer then that allows us to send Hughes and Glenn or something to the Giants to keep us a 1st and also get the 2nd pick?

There is no imaginable way that the Bills would be able to get the Giants' pick without giving up both of our first round picks and additional pick/s this year and probably also next year. I see Glenn having more value than Hughes (my opinion).  What makes a deal  for us difficult is that the first round picks that we would be offering are lower middle first round picks. So even those picks aren't considered premium picks. 

My view is simple. If you believe that the qb prospect you are moving up for is going to be a franchise qb then paying the piper is worth it. It's not going to come cheap. A Rolex watch is going to cost more than a Casio watch. 

One advantage of drafting a high end prospect is that there is an expectation that the prospect is going to play sooner than a more developmental type prospect. Having a starting qb on a rookie deal will provide more cap flexibility in the short run to acquire free agent players to compensate for the lost picks. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

MAJBobby would make that trade in a fraction of a second.

He’s not the only one.  I’m torn.  I would love to trade up for one of these guys but that would leave a LOT of holes that need to be filled with not a LOT of cap space to work with.  I have confidence in our FO, but it’s a lot of resources to allocate to a qb that hasn’t played a snap.  McBeane will have to be completely sold on whoever they trade up for because their future will absolutely be dependent on that QBs success.  

So the only question I have is, is our FO in love with one of these guys? 2 or 3 of them?  TBD.  I think the only way we trade up is if Baker or Allen fall out if the top 5 or so, where the price won’t be as steep.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Zero chance of happening,

Yeah I know but hey to dream a dream. It's not my thread I just agreed with it so I posted in it..

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Give Giants 22, Hughes and maybe a 4th or something for the second pick?

Would you do it?  Obviously targeting Rosen.

If Hughes has a trade value of a top 5 draft pick then your plan might work. You would need to give up both 1st rd picks and a 4th rd pick and Hughes to even get them to pick up the phone. Based on Hughes value as a late 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

45 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

our fans over value our own players sooooooo much

I would imagine if we called the Giants with that offer, they would hang up and never pick up our calls again

Now maybe both of our firsts, hughes, a fourth and next years 2nd they MIGHT do that

Would I make the above trade to get up to 2 for Rosen, yes...we need a franchise QB, period.

In the scheme of things the OP's proposed trade amounts to offering a bag of magic beans for the farm only in this instance the beans are only good for a bad  session in the bathroom.  No way the Giants would consider that trade.

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is no imaginable way that the Bills would be able to get the Giants' pick without giving up both of our first round picks and additional pick/s this year and probably also next year. I see Glenn having more value than Hughes (my opinion).  What makes a deal  for us difficult is that the first round picks that we would be offering are lower middle first round picks. So even those picks aren't considered premium picks. 

My view is simple. If you believe that the qb prospect you are moving up for is going to be a franchise qb then paying the piper is worth it. It's not going to come cheap. A Rolex watch is going to cost more than a Casio watch. 

One advantage of drafting a high end prospect is that there is an expectation that the prospect is going to play sooner than a more developmental type prospect. Having a starting qb on a rookie deal will provide more cap flexibility in the short run to acquire free agent players to compensate for the lost picks. 

Just now, NewEra said:

JPP has a 17.5 mill cap hit in 18

Vernin has a 17 mill cap hit.

how and why would they want Hughes?  I just don’t get it.

Agreed.  Giants will want draft capital, not $10+ mil cap hits.   

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So, you're ok with going into the season with Shaq Lawson and Eddie Yarbrough as your starting DEs?  Pathetic.

This. We don’t need to create ANOTHER need on this team. We already unexpectedly need a C and more than likely a MLB.