Who is your "not with a 10 foot pole" first round pick?

Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph

My qualms with Jackson are well documented on this board and I don't like Rudolph. Just doesn't seem special to me in any way. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m gonna go off the QB here. And say Barkley. Generational talent. Off the charts in everything. Possible #1 pick. 

But running back is probably the most dangerous position in football, and the shelf life if the shortest. If I’m dropping a top 3-5 pick I’m not taking a running back. I want a player who should be with the team 7-10 years. (Browns have 1 and 4 so I get it if they draft him) but me personally for the sake of this specific conversation I’m avoiding running back in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Lamar Jackson. If multiple teams are asking him to work out at WR then he's probably not a first round pick at QB.

No question as his erratic throwing with one good pass and the next is a bad pass will have him rivaling Geno Smith for turnovers in the NFL.

He might be a greatly talented athlete but that doesn't always equate to a franchise pocket passer. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lamar Jackson. Breer was on the radio this morning and confirmed that teams did want to see him run some WR drills and also mentioned that Jackson struggled on the whiteboard during interviews.

FWIW Breer also said Allen needs to prove himself capable of learning and executing an NFL offense, the radio host straight out called Allen dumb and asked Breer to confirm it he laughed it off and reiterated the prove himself stuff. 

So Jackson/Allen no touchie.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Going off of Mel Kiper's mock draft:

Kolton Miller

Orlando Brown

Calvin Ridley

Derrius Guice

James Washington

Geron Christian

Donte Jackson

And not included in Mel's mock as a 1st rounder but just to reiterate, Mason Rudolph.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Going off of Mel Kiper's mock draft:

Kolton Miller

Orlando Brown

Calvin Ridley

Derrius Guice

James Washington

Geron Christian

Donte Jackson

And not included in Mel's mock as a 1st rounder but just to reiterate, Mason Rudolph.

Why would you not want Calvin Ridley?