Assuming Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 ... would you make this trade?

Bakin

21, 22, 2019 1st and Glenn for Baker Mayfield  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do it?

• YES!!!
    • NO!!!

Absolutely I’d do it. I’m assuming Cordy Glenn is the player.

I don’t want to be sitting here, five to ten years down the road, wishing we would have traded up but the price was deemed too much and we didn’t.

20 years has been long enough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

No.  If the player is going, then no need for the 2nd rd 2019 IMO.  I do want Mayfield though.

You should revisit the Rams trading up from 15 to 1 a couple years back and rethink your position.

These crazy ass trade ideas, I need some of what you guys are smoking.  Seriously, puff puff give.

Mayfield is going to be a good Quarterback, of that I am somewhat certain. However when he is described as cocky to a fault, that is not a player I see the current front office bringing on board.  I do not have a problem with this.  

Personally I am not making a trade up for any of these guys.  I am going to draft one at 21 or I will trade 22 back to where I am comfortable I can still get the guy I have targeted.

And I do think Cleveland is going to take Barkley at 1.

Edited by simool

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I don’t want to be sitting here, five to ten years down the road, wishing we would have traded up but the price was deemed too much and we didn’t.

...and what if Cordy comes back healthy and you can slide him over to the right side, perhaps with less wear and tear versus blind side?.....don't see the rush to dump him anyway...

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and what if Cordy comes back healthy and you can slide him over to the right side, perhaps with less wear and tear versus blind side?.....don't see the rush to dump him anyway...

For a franchise QB?

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

For a franchise QB?

I'd have no issue with moving up for Mayfield. It's just about whether you feel you need to get to 3 to draft that player. I think you could give up less and still get that player at a lower spot than 3. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I'd have no issue with moving up for Mayfield. It's just about whether you feel you need to get to 3 to draft that player. I think you could give up less and still get that player at a lower spot than 3. 

Right.

IMO, Mayfield will be gone by 6 overall so, in my scenario, I have to target the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick.

It’s all hypothetical right now.

I will say this. To move up to #3 will probably be more costly than the OP has listed.

I still wouldn’t blink an eye if I was the GM and could get the guy I wanted.

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You should revisit the Rams trading up from 15 to 1 a couple years back and rethink your position.

Posted this in another thread - Goff came after the Rams had fortified the roster with several years of high draft picks.  Here is the Rams’ 2017 depth chart.  They have 7 of their own 1st round picks.  They also have another 6 of their own 2nd and 3rd round picks starting.  They’ve also added via FA or trade: Watkins (1), Whitworth (2), Mark Barron (1), Robert Woods (2).

That is, 17 of their 22 starters were drafted in rounds 1, 2 and 3.  That is a very impressive roster - they were not a ragtag bunch of bums that Goff magically transformed to winners.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Posted this in another thread - Goff came after the Rams had fortified the roster with several years of high draft picks.  Here is the Rams’ 2017 depth chart.  They have 7 of their own 1st round picks.  They also have another 6 of their own 2nd and 3rd round picks starting.  They’ve also added via FA or trade: Watkins (1), Whitworth (2), Mark Barron (1), Robert Woods (2).

That is, 17 of their 22 starters were drafted in rounds 1, 2 and 3.  That is a very impressive roster - they were not a ragtag bunch of bums that Goff magically transformed to winners.

I'm pretty sure his quote was in reference to the compensation paid to move up from 15 to 1 , rather than the status of the Rams roster at the time. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Where would they be without Goff?

And that wasn’t the point.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

11 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

cordy is never gonna agree to play rt. i wish that thought would just go away. ain't happening

Edited by billsredneck1

I don't care who they trade up for but they have to zero in on their guy and if there's any way to get him then they have to. I don't care what they give up if they think there is a franchise QB in this draft. Are you people serious? We haven't had one in so long and you don't want them to get one? Shame on you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think so. I really like Mayfield but he’s going to be available in the teens imo so that’s way too much 

i think we'll have to jump the jets if they don't land a big fa. that said, i don''t think it will take that much. cordy, no 21 and next year's 2nd...idk

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

cordy is never gonna agree to pay rt. i wish that thought would just go away. ain't happening

...probably wishful thinking....why do you think he would be opposed if it turned out to be less wear and tear, possibly prolonging his career (no pay changes)?..................

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm pretty sure his quote was in reference to the compensation paid to move up from 15 to 1 , rather than the status of the Rams roster at the time. 

I posted that and the point was that the Rams had a LOT of talent on their roster before they drafted Goff.  They had been drafting early for several years (with same coaches and front office) and had extra high picks from the bounty that the Skins traded them for the right to draft Robert Griffin.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I don't care who they trade up for but they have to zero in on their guy and if there's any way to get him then they have to. I don't care what they give up if they think there is a franchise QB in this draft. Are you people serious? We haven't had one in so long and you don't want them to get one? Shame on you

I'm pretty sure the issue is about price and not whether people want a franchise QB or not.

I'm aware. I was referencing the OP you quoted and his statement about looking at what the Rams gave up to acquire the first pick. He wasn't referring to the Rams roster, but to the amount of picks they gave up to move 14 spots in the draft. As to your post the Rams had assembled quite a roster over the years, but had a terrible HC imo that was from the Stone Age in football terms. They needed a forward thinking mind like McVay and of course an improved Goff to have the season they had in 2017. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not opposed to trading up from 21 for Mayfield but I don’t know if i would give up that much. I’ll probably eat my words. I know one thing. I sure as hell do not want him in the division. 

I can't tell if Baker Mayfield is going to be Johnny Manziel or Jim Kelly.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Beers and Beast. My two favorite things where the first two letters are BE, today.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

If Mayfield is their “chosen one”, I might... but if he’s only 3rd on their list, I think they should try harder to move up higher.

If the Browns pull a shocker and take Josh Allen #1 we may be able to sneak in there. I'd probably wait for Mayfield to fall to 10 in that scenario. I could live with losing 21 and 22, that's a pretty fair risk to reward ratio.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

If the Browns pull a shocker and take Josh Allen #1 we may be able to sneak in there. I'd probably wait for Mayfield to fall to 10 in that scenario. I could live with losing 21 and 22, that's a pretty fair risk to reward ratio.

21 and 22 are a given as far as I'm concerned. To me, last year's trade-down with KC was to give them a year to fully analyze their roster and to load up for a QB in 2018. The only question to me is how much more will they give up to get who they want?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Where would they be without Goff?

And that wasn’t the point.

If the point was that If only they could get the best QB they would immediately be Super Bowl contenders, then I disagree.  Sure, a FEW all-time greats have carried their whole team to Super Bowls (Brady, Farve and who?), but there are studs who never won a SB - I can’t think of a QB who was better than Dan Marino and he never won one.  

For the VAST majority, supporting cast matters and the Bills’ supporting cast is currently lacking.

26 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I would rather draft Rudolph at 21, trade down with 22 and take Lauletta in the 3rd round.

1st - Rudolph

3 - Lauletta

This is too safe...that I don't like it

48 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I like him, but that exceeds his value IMO.

The deal that was stated is not enough. You would have to throw in one of this year's second round picks into the mix. So the deal would be both our first round picks (in return getting a high first), a second round pick this year, a second round pick next year and Cordy Glenn. I would take this deal for Mayfield in a heartbeat. For nearly the past quarter century the Bills have lacked an authentic franchise qb. The proposed deal would be a very reasonable deal for both parties involved in the exchange. You may not be happy with the deal but I would be exuberant. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If the point was that If only they could get the best QB they would immediately be Super Bowl contenders, then I disagree.  Sure, a FEW all-time greats have carried their whole team to Super Bowls (Brady, Farve and who?), but there are studs who never won a SB - I can’t think of a QB who was better than Dan Marino and he never won one.  

For the VAST majority, supporting cast matters and the Bills’ supporting cast is currently lacking.

Marino played 17 seasons, shame on the Dolphins for not building a proper team around him.

What is wrong establishing your QB and building around him?

Edited by Real McCoy