Draft this guy. Seriously, what an arm. Lauleta

32 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The thing about highlight videos is, everyone has one....

Go watch cj Spiller highlight reels

The dude looked like the second coming of Barry Sanders...

Until you realized how small he was, and wouldn't really be able to break NFL tackles.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He looked marginal in his 2017 game cut ups.  Nothing special about this guy. 

Only time I saw him play was in the Senior Bowl.  I realize that is not enough exposure to make a good judgement.  Might be worth a look as an UDFA if available.

....at the same time, some of the star power not playing allows these lesser known kids to surface and make things interesting......certainly not 1st rounders, but interesting as well.....and scouts worth their weight are already in the know I assume making the draft even more interesting......

The number of threads dedicated to this guy is just a little bit much, but I'm very impressed with him; to me, he's the best QB in the draft after the Big 5 of Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Lamar.

Seeing his accuracy numbers and then pairing that with the velocity he showed at practice and in the game at the Senior Bowl, he seems to be a really talented passer.

NDT.PNG

You have no idea what arm strength is if you think "what an arm" when you watch Lauletta.

WEAKNESSES

Arm strength is a substantial concern. Uses excessive trajectory to get additional distance on deep throws. Pop fly throws allow safeties time to park under the long ball and make plays. Can't make all the NFL throws. Ball doesn't come off hand with much velocity. Will ignore safety movement and throw into double teams at times. Perception of pressure can affect him. Will drop eyes and start looking for an exit strategy. Feet start dancing nervously when his internal clock goes off. May not have the mobility to be effective scrambler on next level.

BOTTOM LINE

Lauletta has decent accuracy and mechanics to work with, but his lack of NFL arm strength will limit the number of teams who are willing to consider him. Lauletta's interceptions come due to arm issues rather than decision-making and that may not be correctable in the pros due to the increase in play speed that he will see in NFL secondaries.

Watched the first 3 minutes of the video.

There is not a single throw where he is not staring down and throwing to his primary receiver.  Never once did he look around and throw to a second or third choice.  So who knows if he has that skill, at least from this video.

On the plus side, he was very consistently leading his receivers so they could catch in stride and keep going; he didn't under throw a single big pass.  

Like many QBs, he seems to have more natural feel for the passing game than Tyrod!

4 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

You have no idea what arm strength is if you think "what an arm" when you watch Lauletta.

WEAKNESSES

Arm strength is a substantial concern. Uses excessive trajectory to get additional distance on deep throws. Pop fly throws allow safeties time to park under the long ball and make plays. Can't make all the NFL throws. Ball doesn't come off hand with much velocity. Will ignore safety movement and throw into double teams at times. Perception of pressure can affect him. Will drop eyes and start looking for an exit strategy. Feet start dancing nervously when his internal clock goes off. May not have the mobility to be effective scrambler on next level.

BOTTOM LINE

Lauletta has decent accuracy and mechanics to work with, but his lack of NFL arm strength will limit the number of teams who are willing to consider him. Lauletta's interceptions come due to arm issues rather than decision-making and that may not be correctable in the pros due to the increase in play speed that he will see in NFL secondaries.

On a lot of those long throws, it looks like he is throwing the ball as far as he can, which isn't good.

Arm strength a definite question mark.  

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Watched the first 3 minutes of the video.

There is not a single throw where he is not staring down and throwing to his primary receiver.  Never once did he look around and throw to a second or third choice.  So who knows if he has that skill, at least from this video.

On the plus side, he was very consistently leading his receivers so they could catch in stride and keep going; he didn't under throw a single big pass.  

Like many QBs, he seems to have more natural feel for the passing game than Tyrod!

On a lot of those long throws, it looks like he is throwing the ball as far as he can, which isn't good.

Arm strength a definite question mark.  

Based on the games I've seen/mainly the Senior Bowl where he looked to have improved on his velocity, it seems like he can throw with pretty good velocity within 20 or so yards, but he puts a ton of air under it when he goes deep. I don't know enough to understand what could be driving the difference between the two. I suppose maybe he just does a better job of coordinating his footwork and throwing motion together on the shorter stuff but alters his mechanics a bit on the deep ball or something but I don't really know.

I certainly think his deep ball, even with his good ball placement, will be tough to translate to the NFL. I think he has enough arm to make the short and intermediate throws though and his ball placement is good enough that he could be an effective starter IMO. Obviously his arm strength doesn't allow you to open up your playbook the way a guy like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson could though.