Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, that’s true. I’m amazed sometimes at what I hear a guy say in an interview but often more amazed by the questions. It’s like when they asked LeBron yesterday about the report that he’d meet with the Warriors. What is he supposed to say “yeah, when the offseason rolls around I’m thinking about going to Golden State. They are a dominant team and think that I can make them better. I can’t wait for that.”

All it takes is one.  That IT interview about his shot selection probably got that reporter a raise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

All it takes is one.  That IT interview about his shot selection probably got that reporter a raise.

Ha ha, that’s a good point

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I was just kidding man, I make 100,000 a year and I'm not taking a damn pay cut.

Ha ha, I’m just messing with you. Of course you wouldn’t take a pay cut. 

The only person here that may is @SaviorPeterman. He spends so much time in high level business meetings maybe he would trade some of that stress for a little less money.

• Haha (+1) 2

TT has taken up the mantle of leadership.....and with E Wood gone, the leadership vacuum needs to be recognized...especially if K Williams hangs up his football gear.  Having TT stay might have off field benefits.  TT IS a high character journeyman QB.  Now, the $18 mil thing is a problem...and, if I were him, would not take a cut....he can do well in the open market.  But, the draft won't produce an immediate starter....(ok D Watson turned out to be that, but Mahones sat for a year.  And yes Trubinski did start this year as well)  Anyhow, the decision will come down to money imho.  If TT can do equally well in Buffalo, he will stay.  If they try to give him a below market cut/offer, he will walk.  His agent will tell him what he needs to do in his own best interest.  I thinking it will take $20 mil at least over two years guaranteed to keep him.

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The guy took less than market value and then took a pay cut the next year. He’s watching Mike Glennon and Brock Osweiler getting PAID. He doesn’t owe the Bills a thing. He shouldn’t take a pay cut. 

The franchise should not give him a pay cut. It should simply cut him and move on. It would be the best thing for him and it would be the best thing for the organization. The NFL is basically a market place for the players. If he could find another team that would give him a better opportunity to play and be more financially rewarding then more power to him. He is a stellar person who I wish well. 

The Taylor era is over. He has started for three years with little progression to his game. He is what he is. There should be no debate about what he can be as a qb. That is well known by all.

The team should allow him and his agent to find another team to join. Then the organization should accommodate him, even if it means giving him away for nothing. He is a good fellow and teammate. He deserves a fresh start and so does the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't want him as our starting QB either due to his limitations as a passer, but I think he's earned his paycheck as well as a lot of respect.

While it does not appear that he'll ever be great, he's been good enough to significantly raise the bar in Buffalo and do enough to win games more often than not. 

If we're pinning our hopes on a rookie QB I'd rather have him on the roster at his current salary than repeat the mistake of Fitz.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look....  I don't blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut.  That's fine and he shouldn't have to.  That said, he is not an $18 mil a year QB.  I can find guys off the street that can throw for 150-180 yards a game.  In fact, I bet most rookies in this class will do that with no problem.

So yeah, if he wants to stick to his guns and not take a pay cut, that's perfectly OK.  But I really hope that it's another team paying him $18 mil to play.  I want no part of his contract or his play.

You clearly are a brilliant football mind.  

I get that tyrod is an avg qb   But the lack of respect and appreciation from the fan base is pathetic.