Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

On 2/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, reddogblitz said:

I'm on the Bills side. What side are you on?

We lost to Carolina.

Again,I'm taking Donald Jones and Steve Taskers take that the rook ran the wrong route over experts on TBD. Are you saying that pass was too hard for poor little Zay to catch?

Go BILLS !!

Yeah, but you are leaving out the other part of what Donald Jones said. Which was that as the two of them learn to play with each other, that Zay will learn to head more up the field and Tyrod will learn to make the quick adjustment and throw to where Zay is heading. He actually said that both guys could have done better on the play, and that if Tyrod had made the quick adjustment they would have had the ball on the one rather than a TD.

Interesting how you only mentioned the part about Zay.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s going to be one of those things that it depends on the team. A lot of people think highly of TT and a lot think he’s terrible. It will only take 1. Would a team rather Bradford or Tyrod? Bridgewater? McCown? That’s what we are talking about. They each have pros and cons. McCown (age), Bradford and Bridgewater (injury), Tyrod (unconventional), etc...

There are jobs available and these guys will fill them. If Cousins fills one spot (say Denver), the Browns, Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Vikings and maybe the Jags or Dolphins will need to fill out the position. These teams will invest in a bridge guy to start and if a rookie wins out great. They are going to protect themselves though with the group above.

Ha ha, I gave “110%” on that answer. 

Exactly.

I'm not a Tyrod fan. I think he's a great athlete, but just isn't a guy who can consistently win against better teams, and if your running game/defense have poor days, he's really not gonna win it for you with his arm.

I think he's terrible in a sense that he very predictable with what you're going to get, which is low turnovers, low scoring, very little risks taken, has peaked within his skill set, and it's pretty boring and frustrating for me to watch.

There are those who agree, those who disagree, and that's fine.

As you said, it only takes 1.

I actually think he'd be a decent bridge QB for whoever drafts Jackson, only because they should be running similar playbooks to maximize they're skillsets.

I could also see Houston wanting him as a backup to Watson, or a bridge starter to give Watson more time to not rush back, but I'm not sure tyrod would accept that.

I think the biggest factor is "what situation will tyrod accept"

He may try to hold out for a situation where he is the definite starter, which who knows, somebody might give him, as you said, it only takes one team to think they can make it work.

Edited by SouthNYfan

I don't think there is any other option, they have to keep him as their starter, especially if they draft a QB.  They won't be drafting a QB who can play right away.  I'd hate to see them bring in any of the other FA QB's, because they're really not any better than Taylor.

Foles will cost too much, that horse has left the barn, needed to grab him before his Disney World adventures...

Edited by T-Bomb

48 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

at this point Tyrod should pay the Bills to let him start, that is the only way he starts a game next year 

I think Tyrod will do quite well in the FA market if the Bills do not want to pay him his contractual bonus:

1. He led his team to a playoff berth!  This is simply a fact.  As a Bills fan, I feel grateful and happy with TT's skillset and gamer attitude which made him a good teammate and I think proved to be critical for this team to luck into the playoffs with the miraculous help of Andy Dalton and the Bengals!  However, though I think TT had a skillset which was essential to this team sliding into the playoffs with help, his delightful low risk few INTs ability nis likely not what we need to go deep in the playoffs.

I do  not think he is the quality pocket passer the Bills O needs.  This being understood, for the halfway decent football fan, the sweetspot is one which appreciates Tyrod for his ability to run and avoid turnovers, BUT ALSO sees that TT should not be counted on to be the capable pocket passer who can lead this team deep in the playoffs.

I think the football intelligent Bills fan recognizes and sings TT's praise for leading us to the end of our playoffless drought, but ALSO recognizes TTs limitations for the future.