Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

So 

There is an issue with that. I would agree to 

TD/ Game

TD/INT

Completion %

and YPG

however the point thing really isn’t indicative of His Individual play. It is a team stat. 

My real problem is with YPG, even though I proposed it.  When I've looked for correlations, it's got a slight negative correlation to winning.  But there does seem to be some threshold below which may accompany ineffective QB play.  

I agree that wins and losses are team stats.  But one complaint about Tyrod are the games where there was just no offense - not even 1 TD.  And I do think you have to assign the QB a greater share of the team responsibility for that, since it's ultimately his job to lead the offense to score points, and in order to score points there has to be some balance between passing and running.

That's why I put a focus on scoring in answering your question.

44 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The problem is that you can only say that he did his job in two of them by twisting what actually happened. He threw a pass to a wide open receiver - I mean open by five yards - so far behind him that it forced him to have to totally turn his body around in the air to try to make the play. Then you find the one interpretation of that that fits your preconceptions and unsurprisingly go with it.

Horrible throw. For those who forget, look how open he is.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017091701/2017/REG2/bills@panthers#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000846523&tab=videos

And then you ignore that in the one game of these that they actually did win, the group that brought them the win was the defense. Tied up against the Panthers with less than two minutes left and the Panthers have the ball. Defense forces a turnover and the offense gets the ball inside field goal range. And manages to get ... wait for it ... a field goal. So that final game-winning drive drove all the way from field goal territory to field goal territory. That isn't a real big accomplishment there, it just isn't.

They got the ball on the Panthers 32 and drove all the way to the 11, 21 yards all inside field goal range, before kicking a field goal on 4th down. The main purpose of that drive was to drain the Panthers of their timeouts. They didn't have to gain a yard to get into field goal range. That's what is being referred to here as the game-winning drivve.

I did watch your video. Thanks for posting. Ironically, the caption was "Zay Jones Drops Huge Pass to Drop Bills to 1-1"

Couple of points about that. 1. It hit him in the hands and as became evident, Zay can't catch a cold. 2. Donald Jones and Steve Tasker both said he ran the wrong route. Zay  was supposed to run to pylon. If he had, football would have hit hiM in the bread baskst. Again, I take Donald and Steve's word over experts on TBD.

Yes,the defense  helped win the game. That's what good teams do. Do you think this drive didn't contribute to the win? Also, do wins by 7 count more in the win column than 3 point wins?

1. Buffalo Bills at 03:14
  2. 7-P.Murray kicks 65 yards from TB 35 to end zone, Touchback. B.Tate receives ball 9 yds. into end zone, steps out of back of end zone.
  3. 1-10-BUF 25(3:14) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep left to 10-D.Thompson to TB 31 for 44 yards (36-R.McClain). TB-36-R.McClain was injured during the play. Caught along sideline at TB 36. PENALTY on TB-36-R.McClain, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at TB 31.
  4. 1-10-TB 16(3:04) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 11-Z.Jones to TB 7 for 9 yards (29-R.Smith, 58-K.Alexander). Caught at TB 10, slanting to middle.
  5. 2-1-TB 7(2:32) (Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy up the middle for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
  6. 4-S.Hauschka extra point is GOOD, Center-69-R.Ferguson, Holder-6-C.Schmidt.
  7. TB 27    BUF 27    Plays: 3    Possession: 0:46
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Has anyone noticed the Taylor fans are the first to get nasty?  

Hmmm... 

confirmation bias?... or are you just revving up the anTy Taylor propaganda train?

this is is just hilarious. :lol: 

This message board would be awesome to psychoanalyze.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Disingenuous?  

Was he or was he not benched in three games?  

Once against the Saints the second the Pats and the last being a playoff game down 7 in the 4th?  

Was he not benched with the Bills in the thick of ending the drought for the  all important Chargers game?  

Disingenuous?   Who is being Disingenuous.  Not I.  

No falsehoods.  I listed the 4 times he was on the bench and Nate took over.  

The definition of benched is being replaced due to poor play. 

Hokie doesn’t need “provoking” to defend TT.  

You

are

an

idiot.

Benched in the Jags game???

Dude, you're a classless jerkoff with that comment. :doh: 

I really thought you were better than that. Shame on you.

On 02/02/2018 at 6:34 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame him. He’s been more than fair to the Bills. It’s also hilarious that people on here are mad at a guy that won’t take a pay cut. He already did once!! I know I wouldn’t take a pay cut at my job. None of us would accept a pay cut. 

Exactly.

I was asked to take a pay cut at the start of this year and i walked.

If your employer wants you to take a pay cut, it's for THEIR benefit, not yours.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I did watch your video. Thanks for posting. Ironically, the caption was "Zay Jones Drops Huge Pass to Drop Bills to 1-1"

Couple of points about that. 1. It hit him in the hands and as became evident, Zay can't catch a cold. 2. Donald Jones and Steve Tasker both said he ran the wrong route. Zay  was supposed to run to pylon. If he had, football would have hit hiM in the bread baskst. Again, I take Donald and Steve's word over experts on TBD.

Yes,the defense  helped win the game. That's what good teams do. Do you think this drive didn't contribute to the win? Also, do wins by 7 count more in the win column than 3 point wins?

2. 7-P.Murray kicks 65 yards from TB 35 to end zone, Touchback. B.Tate receives ball 9 yds. into end zone, steps out of back of end zone.
  3. 1-10-BUF 25(3:14) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep left to 10-D.Thompson to TB 31 for 44 yards (36-R.McClain). TB-36-R.McClain was injured during the play. Caught along sideline at TB 36. PENALTY on TB-36-R.McClain, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at TB 31.
  4. 1-10-TB 16(3:04) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 11-Z.Jones to TB 7 for 9 yards (29-R.Smith, 58-K.Alexander). Caught at TB 10, slanting to middle.

I think you can see from Tyrod’s reaction that it looks like the rookie blew that play. Not every pass is going to be perfect but it still hit him in the hands and it was dropped. Looks like Zay got turned around and ran the wrong route.

14 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Except that Tyrod Taylor never played WR in the NFL. And you know it. And it's stupid to say he did. 

Except for that game. Where he started at WR for one play.

Don't tell me it's stupid to say so.  Call PFR and tell them they got it wrong.  Tyrod was really the QB split out wide at the flanker spot.

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

You're welcome. The problem for people on your side is that after seeing that headline people can watch the video which shows Zay open by five  yards or more and Tyrod putting the ball in an absolutely horrible position.

And if Zay was supposed to run to the pylon then the ball was thrown poorly because the ball was thrown three or four yards inside the pylon. Jones' route was closer to the pylon on the right than Tyrod's throw was to the left of it. You only have to see where Zay is laying on the ground after the play. He's not in line with the pylon, he's well inside of it. You're right, it would have hit him in the bread basket if the bread basket were held far above his head and behind him. With that huge cushion, Tyrod should have thrown the ball to the outside. Which he didn't.

The drive you copied there isn't the winning drive. Winning drives are what people have - correctly - noted that Tyrod seems able to provide only extremely rarely.

Did the actual final drive, from the Carolina 32 to the Carolina 11, contribute to the win? In one way, it burnt clock and forced Carolina to burn timeouts. But no, it didn't contribute to the points. You could say it made the field goal a bit easier but Hauschka was money this year. He'd have nailed it. The Bills would have gone ahead without the offense running a single play. And yeah a seven point difference there would have made a huge difference in terms of making things much more difficult for Carolina. The Panthers got the ball back with 0:46 left. They still had a pretty decent shot at getting into field goal territory, though the defense - again - proved too good. But if Tyrod and the offense had scored a touchdown, Carolina would have been forced to do the same for the tie. It would have been a huge impact.

But the offense couldn't do it. Just weren't good enough. The defense had the crucial last-minute impact. Not the offense.

50 minutes ago, flomoe said:

When can the Bills cut him to get rid of this problem once and for all?

Can it happen anytime or is there a dead period until after the Super Bowl?

Unlikely to happen till the league year opens and they try to trade him. His roster bonus is due 3/16. That's the key day.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Exactly.

I was asked to take a pay cut at the start of this year and i walked.

If your employer wants you to take a pay cut, it's for THEIR benefit, not yours.

Well, of course it's for their benefit.

But me, if I'm asked to take a pay cut, I coldly look at the situation and take the best option for me at the time. Which sometimes might be accepting the pay cut. If the lower salary is still likely to be higher than you get elsewhere, or as high, I might be better off staying. 

I'd have to look at it from all angles.

IMHO for Tyrod the key angle is less the money than finding the right situation. I think turning down a pay cut might well put him in a situation that's better for his long-term interests than accepting it, even if it does mean less money in the short term. I'm not sure it would mean less money, but even if it does it might be better for him to give up on the team that doesn't want him enough to pay his contract.  But on the other hand, a $23.6 mill cap hit for the Bills for one year of Tyrod is really more than market value.  A cold look would show him that, but if I were him, I wouldn't care. I'd be more interested in getting into a good situation as quickly as possible.

McDermott has shown what he thinks.

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

Well, of course it's for their benefit.

But me, if I'm asked to take a pay cut, I coldly look at the situation and take the best option for me at the time. Which sometimes might be accepting the pay cut. If the lower salary is still likely to be higher than you get elsewhere, or as high, I might be better off staying. 

I'd have to look at it from all angles.

IMHO for Tyrod the key angle is less the money than finding the right situation. I think turning down a pay cut might well put him in a situation that's better for his long-term interests than accepting it, even if it does mean less money in the short term. I'm not sure it would mean less money, but even if it does it might be better for him to give up on the team that doesn't want him enough to pay his contract.  But on the other hand, a $23.6 mill cap hit for the Bills for one year of Tyrod is really more than market value.  A cold look would show him that, but if I were him, I wouldn't care. I'd be more interested in getting into a good situation as quickly as possible.

McDermott has shown what he thinks.

....the financial craziness and desperation of the QB market has driven player expectations through the roof as far as what THEY perceive their value to be.....just sit back and watch the cards/decisions fall where they may be......not only TT, but Cousins, Bridgewater (depends on PUP issue), Bradford, Keenum, etc for starters.....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the financial craziness and desperation of the QB market has driven player expectations through the roof as far as what THEY perceive their value to be.....just sit back and watch the cards/decisions fall where they may be......not only TT, but Cousins, Bridgewater (depends on PUP issue), Bradford, Keenum, etc for starters.....

Agreed. If nothing else, this should be a very interesting offseason with so many guys in play.

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I think tyrod needs to go to a team like the cardinals. They could have a great run game with hom and david johnson and that defense is nasty. could be a nice bridge qb while they groom someone. 

...interesting....Palmer retired and Stanton is a UFA.....now if Larry gets to see the ball..................

12 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You're welcome. The problem for people on your side is that after seeing that headline people can watch the video which shows Zay open by five  yards or more and Tyrod putting the ball in an absolutely horrible position.

And if Zay was supposed to run to the pylon then the ball was thrown poorly because the ball was thrown three or four yards inside the pylon. Jones' route was closer to the pylon on the right than Tyrod's throw was to the left of it. You only have to see where Zay is laying on the ground after the play. He's not in line with the pylon, he's well inside of it. You're right, it would have hit him in the bread basket if the bread basket were held far above his head and behind him. With that huge cushion, Tyrod should have thrown the ball to the outside. Which he didn't.

The drive you copied there isn't the winning drive. Winning drives are what people have - correctly - noted that Tyrod seems able to provide only extremely rarely.

Did the actual final drive, from the Carolina 32 to the Carolina 11, contribute to the win? In one way, it burnt clock and forced Carolina to burn timeouts. But no, it didn't contribute to the points. You could say it made the field goal a bit easier but Hauschka was money this year. He'd have nailed it. The Bills would have gone ahead without the offense running a single play. And yeah a seven point difference there would have made a huge difference in terms of making things much more difficult for Carolina. The Panthers got the ball back with 0:46 left. They still had a pretty decent shot at getting into field goal territory, though the defense - again - proved too good. But if Tyrod and the offense had scored a touchdown, Carolina would have been forced to do the same for the tie. It would have been a huge impact.

But the offense couldn't do it. Just weren't good enough. The defense had the crucial last-minute impact. Not the offense.

I'm on the Bills side. What side are you on?

We lost to Carolina.

Again,I'm taking Donald Jones and Steve Taskers take that the rook ran the wrong route over experts on TBD. Are you saying that pass was too hard for poor little Zay to catch?

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz