Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

This should be really interesting for a bunch of reasons. 

I think most would agree that Cousins is better than Smith, but Smith is still a good QB. With that, Smith’s deal should set the floor for the Cousins deal. 

Also, I’m curious to know what went on behind the scenes to make the Skins think they had to jump on this. They had a decent draft spot and Smith was rumored to be cut for cap reasons. 

End of the day, it shows what we all know. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I predict Cousins goes to Denver whose defense gives him the best chance to win now. 

Denver's D was worse than ours in points against. Also Tailb might be on the way out which might take it down a fee more pegs. I don't debate their competition but not better than us.

Just now, Doc said:

Cousins was never going to sign a long-term deal with the Redskins and they can't franchise him again.  And with the bidding for his services, someone will overpay and it better not be the Bills. 

They certainly could have, but obviously will not after the trade for Smith. 

I'm guessing the 4 yr. extension Washington gives Alex Smith will be in the $84M range, bringing the total deal to an even $100M over 5 years.  Considering, Smith will likely get a $15M signing bonus, not a bad day to be him!  It's really a win win for him and the Chiefs.  This trade makes the trade up for Mahomes look that much sweeter for the Chiefs, they likely get back close to what they gave up to get him.  Cap tip to that franchise.  Well done.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Talk about a best case scenario.... I hope cousins goes to the jets

Would love to see them blow a bunch of cap on an average qb. Plus this would stop them from drafting a qb who actually has potential to be a franchise player for at least a few more years. 

Go get em gang green

If he goes to the Jets then upgrading out defense is as important as anything else we do.  DL and LB early on in the draft.  We don't want to go 1-5 against our AFCE foes never mind whoever else we face this fall.