Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

We too believe peterman is the answer. We also expect him to redeem himself with a 5-TD game. 

Did you mean half? 

I don’t hate the guy, but that was downright amazing!  (And NOT in a good way...) 

1 hour ago, Direhard Fan said:

Missed the pre season but saw NP during the season.  Where in the world do you see a Super Bowl QB in him?  Just can't see it.  Keep TT at a reduced price and let the new guy learn from the bench.  TT is fun to watch and NP made me cry.  

I can't watch TT anymore hes not fun at all.  Running around in circles is not playing QB. TT is a good to great bkup in NFL not a starter. 

They could always find Poyer and Hyde type players as WR or LBers in free agency

Nobody thought those were huge signings but both played very well to great this season. All you need is a Poyer at WR and a Hyde at LB. Not crazy contracts and good solid players for the team. Then you don't have as many holes in the draft.

All of that makes sense. 

There are going to be a lot of Really good DTs available to us in round 1. I am putting my money on Harrison Phillips with one of our first round picks. Former wrestler, blue collar Nebraska boy, clone of Kyle Williams on tape. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Any scenario where Peterman is competing for the starting QB job = my nightmare offseason and a complete loss of faith in this front office.

He should be competing for a spot on the practice squad.

This happens and it doesn't work out Mcd needs to be fired. Plain and simple.  Especially if Mahomes or Watson become stars. 

I like Mcd as a coach but i question his ability to make front office GM moves.  Last yr in the draft we had 2 potential guys we could started the process with but like the long line of Defensive Head Coaches we've had he just had to draft the Cornerback first.  I realize Tre is a good player but u just can't compare to what we possibly missed on. 

57 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Pppshhh *snort* :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::huh::huh::huh::o

Oh god, you were being serious, weren't you?

Serious question. Of all the qbs that are drafted in any given year, how many of those are truly successful in their rookie year? Don't misunderstand the question. Maybe 1 out of them all? So yes, Peterman in 2018 may be a good answer while a rookie qb sits and prepares 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

No reason to cut Glenn. Non what so ever. If they can not trade a All Pro in his prime highly coveted LT positon player that has a reasonable contract with most of the dead cap absorbed by Bills then Bean has completely lost me on his abilities to trade in NFL.

Peterman would be a fine bridge guy. He will stink it up some at first but who cares. I think he can be developed next year and could become a long time back up like Matt Moore Ryan Fitz types do.  Next year is a rebuild anyway so perfect timing, lets see what he can do with full support.

Unless they get A Smith or Cousins then it is more of a win now season..

Edited by cba fan

3 hours ago, teef said:

there is absolutely zero real source here.  this is dunkirk don type info, with better grammar.

...sounds more like Chapstick Chad.......first, NO knock on Peterman here...I like the kid for a 5th and what he has shown as far as the mental aspect of the NFL game.....this though is comical and one helluva spread between a 5th rounder OR a QB projected to go in no less than the top 10......an "either or" like that should generate multiple pink slips IMO.....

This is "smokescreen" season, isn't it??

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

15 minutes ago, billspro said:

All of that makes sense. 

There are going to be a lot of Really good DTs available to us in round 1. I am putting my money on Harrison Phillips with one of our first round picks. Former wrestler, blue collar Nebraska boy, clone of Kyle Williams on tape. 

Maybe we can bring back that idiot DL coach who graded DL prospects based on if they could pass his wrestling test. His name escapes me. 

i don't even think Peterman is good enough to start at many colleges let alone in the NFL.  he got bounced from Tennessee and they are desperate for good QB play.  i'm trying to think of what schools he could have started for this year but all of the QB's coming out are better.  this is either a joke thread or someone is messing with the OP