[POLL] Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?

You gonna watch?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actually watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes, I always do regardless of who is in it
    • Yes, I am a Patriots* fan
    • Yes, I am an Eagles fan
    • Yes, for the commercials
    • Yes, for the half-time show
    • Kinda - going to a party where it will be on
    • I dunno. Maybe.
    • NFW!

it's hard to tell people why the SB is actually one of the worst weeks of the NFL season for football addicts to watch

most of them were disasters until the late 1990s

you can't really gamble on the single game played that day

the fake interest by people who insist that everyone watch the game at church or someone's house makes it more grinding

I've watched every one...until last year.  I tuned out.  No way in hell am I going to watch a program geared for the "Dancing with the Stars" crowd.   I am a football purist, not a media event type.  The SB is a complete farce as the game itself is secondary.

48 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Anybody who says they’re not watching the Super Bowl is lying. Unless they physically can’t watch it because of work or something 

I won't watch it. Didn't watch one play of the AFC title game yesterday, for the first time in I can't even remember how long. Decades for sure. Personally, I'll be in the Caribbean  and will not be going out of my way to be near a TV. Saying that anyone who claims they won't watch because it's the Pats is lying is well, ridiculous. The hatred runs deep. Don't underestimate it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nope.  Skipping SB party - told my wife she can go on her own.  I'll tape it and watch it afterwards if Cheaters lose - otherwise will delete it.  F them

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I disliked the idea of Marrone in the SB also.  But....(1) I hate the Pats***, and (2) Gilmore is now in the superbowl.   

I hear ya, but Marrone is my #1 hate.  Brady and Belichick didn’t give up on our city, our team and us.  #1 ####bag in the nfl on list

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya, but Marrone is my #1 hate.  Brady and Belichick didn’t give up on our city, our team and us.  #1 ####bag in the nfl on list

I loathe both of them.  For personal reasons, I also hate Philly.  Vikings were the only team I liked, so naturally they got slaughtered.  Only good thing about Pats* winning yesterday was Marrone losing.  Schadenfreude is an ugly emotion, but that fella deserves it.

Nope. I've seen the movie before and I hated the ending; no need to watch it again. When the replay official overturned the Steelers' TD in the pats game, with no conclusive evidence, I knew that NE would go on to win the SB. The league wants a storybook dynasty to boost its ratings. I've outgrown fairy tales.

Last SB I thoroughly enjoyed the first half, but as I watched the Falcons sideline celebrating and the fans chanting "Na na na na, hey hey, goodbye" - BEFORE HALFTIME - I knew the Falcons would find a way to choke. Given that, I wouldn't enjoy watching the game, so I'll skip it and hope that I'm pleasantly surprised when I read the final score later that evening. This will be the first SB I've missed in a loooooong time. (So long that I can't remember the last time.)

I haven't watched the Pro Bowl since they moved it to the week before the SB, but I may watch it this year, if only for the fact that no pats will be playing.

• Like (+1) 1

IF there is a blowout it will be the Eagles blowing out the Patriots.

Who saw the Falcons going up 28-3? That Falcons D was middle of the pack and everyone thought they would get blown out by NE.

Eagles D is for real. Lots of veteran players (unlike Jax) who are not going to panic when crunch time comes. Offense is loaded too, unlike Jax.

Eagles are basically Jax with one of the top offenses in the NFL. If Jax had that they would have won yesterday by 10+ points.