AFC Championship GDT: Jaguars vs. Patriots at 3:05 PM ET on CBS

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

But you’re not acknowledging the types of calls and their yardage awarded. Focusing on number of calls (and a post-snap qualifier to boot)...not even worth discussing.

Yea, I qualified post snap. Did you see any procedural stuff missed? A delay of game and not getting set on a hurry up aren’t really all that meaningful to this debate they?

and yea, 1 questionable PI in the first half... that’s not a substantial issue with officiating. 

Edited by NoSaint

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

4 gameplay fouls vs 1 is nearly nothing called. If you want to jump in and change the discussion, I’m glad to go back that direction— but you’ve heard my take.

the call in the first half I only half saw and didn’t see a replay... I read a mixed bag on it

the dpi in the second half the guy got there considerably early, grabbed and twisted effecting the upper body on a very catchable ball. 

If we are down to one questionable dpi - the refs had a stellar day. There are calls and games I won’t defend but if that same exact game happened but Steelers vs jags instead, the board would be generally praising it.

Rewatch the game clinching 3rd down run, edge defender held from behind while trying to get to the edge. THE most obvious holding there is, called practically every time, directly affecting the play at a crucial moment.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Yea, I qualified post snap. Did you see any procedural stuff missed? A delay of game and not getting set on a hurry up aren’t really all that meaningful to this y’all are they?

and yea, 1 questionable PI in the first half... that’s not a substantial issue with officiating. 

Really? In a 4 point game?

When was the last time a game altering questionable call or non-call (even one) went against the Patriots?

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Rewatch the game clinching 3rd down run, edge defender held from behind while trying to get to the edge. THE most obvious holding there is, called practically every time, directly affecting the play at a crucial moment.

Ill keep an eye out for a replay - but think it’s relevant to continue to echo that only one hold was called all day (when a player was taken to the ground and laid on top of when he had a path to the qb) 

im not arguing neither team held but that the refs made it clear that they weren’t really tossing flags on either team. I’d guess with the same focus you find jags holding uncalled too, no?

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Really? In a 4 point game?

When was the last time a game altering questionable call or non-call (even one) went against the Patriots?

Mid your standard for refs is perfection- I’m not sure why you ever enjoyed football. One questionable call in the first half is a banner day for officiating. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ill keep an eye out for a replay - but think it’s relevant to continue to echo that only one hold was called all day (when a player was taken to the ground and laid on top of when he had a path to the qb) 

im not arguing neither team held but that the refs made it clear that they weren’t really tossing flags on either team. I’d guess with the same focus you find jags holding uncalled too, no?

I get that, but blatant holding on the edge directly affecting a play is what penalties are supposed to be for. Not a play that you can just 'let em play'.

27 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Stop crying you have no dog in the fight. Your not jaguars fans! The pats won the game because they made more plays then jacksonville did. 

You're a Jag's Troll on a Bills board........................................you are the dog!

Edited by ColoradoBills
Jags not Pats

45 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

All I will say is the only way I have seen NE get beaten and shut out of a football game is when a team has a crazy defensive line who can get after Brady CONSISTENTLY.  See Giants with Strahan, Tuck, Umenyiora.  That line made Brady's life hell and that's probably the only way you'll beat them.  That and when their WR's catch the football they must get knocked out (loss to the Ravens in the AFC championship, Bernard Pollard with the hit heard around the NFL.  Knocked Ridley clean out).  The Jags are halfway there.  But they had some stretches today where Brady was just too comfortable.

Or maybe by a team from a larger media market than Boston. :rolleyes:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Mid your standard for refs is perfection- I’m not sure why you ever enjoyed football. One questionable call in the first half is a banner day for officiating. 

And if you don’t understand how being the beneficiary of bad calls, singular or otherwise, time  and time and time again isn’t coincidental...

Maybe you don’t see it. I have it differently. No big deal. Still enjoy the game. The point is that in a capped profit sharing league there’s no reason why one club should recieve such benefit of the doubt...you can at least understand when Man United and Madrid get favorable officiating.

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I get that, but blatant holding on the edge directly affecting a play is what penalties are supposed to be for. Not a play that you can just 'let em play'.

I get it- I’m not a huge fan of officiating changing on big stages. I’d rather it be the same on the first and last play of the season.

Just arguing that as long as it’s generally consistent between teams it’s hard to justify melting down that it was fixed

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:
21 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Stop crying you have no dog in the fight. Your not jaguars fans! The pats won the game because they made more plays then jacksonville did. 

I mean that's highly debatable too since the Pats got 100 yards from the refs while the Jags only got 10.  Average NFL yards per play is roughly 5.5 so do the math on who made more plays in a 4 point game.

23 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I mean that's highly debatable too since the Pats got 100 yards from the refs while the Jags only got 10.  Average NFL yards per play is roughly 5.5 so do the math on who made more plays in a 4 point game.

Thats not debatable. My team won the game because they made a few more plays then the jags did. Its that simple. My team didnt run away with the game. 

And the refs did no favor. 

1 minute ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Thats not debatable. My team won the game because they made a few more plays then the jags did. Its that simple. My team didnt run away with the game. 

And the refs did no favor. 

They had a whole 90 more yards given to them by the refs.  That's a free length of the field traveled.  Even during the halftime show they said well your in Gillette so the flags have to come out.  It's becoming so obvious that NFL broadcasters are beginning to comment on it.

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I get it- I’m not a huge fan of officiating changing on big stages. I’d rather it be the same on the first and last play of the season.

Just arguing that as long as it’s generally consistent between teams it’s hard to justify melting down that it was fixed

Well, nothing worth melting down over. I am relaxing and enjoying time off. I played a lot of sports and have always been a proponent of good sportsmanship and fair play. The integrity of the game depends on a level playing field.

1 minute ago, Zebrastripes said:

They had a whole 90 more yards given to them by the refs.  That's a free length of the field traveled.  Even during the halftime show they said well your in Gillette so the flags have to come out.  It's becoming so obvious that NFL broadcasters are beginning to comment on it.

I dont care what tony romo said, they mugged cooks a few times and it wasnt debatable.

What is? The dion lewis fumble, which he was down on. So why didnt the refs givw them the ball back? I mean this big consparicy but they give jacksonvillw the ball. 

In 2 weeks they are gonna win another title. And you can blame the refs then

3 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

I dont care what tony romo said, they mugged cooks a few times and it wasnt debatable.

What is? The dion lewis fumble, which he was down on. So why didnt the refs givw them the ball back? I mean this big consparicy but they give jacksonvillw the ball. 

LOL. At this whole post.

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Well, nothing worth melting down over. I am relaxing and enjoying time off. I played a lot of sports and have always been a proponent of good sportsmanship and fair play. The integrity of the game depends on a level playing field.

Cheers to that, and wasn’t meaning to hit you with the melt comment as much as a general tone from many — enjoy your evening!

4 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

You really think Lewis was down?  This just shows everything you have argued has no merit what so ever and you truly are a homer.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL. At this whole post.

Completely clueless 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

What does coaching have to do with why Cooks’ catch vs the Texans was a TD and Benjamin’s and Seferian-Jenkins’ weren’t?

ouch

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe that the Pats actually commit fewer penalties than other teams by such a wide margin. It's gone beyond the obvious call vs the opponent into blatant non calls that are overlooked or just not noticed by casual fans. These things have a huge impact in close games, which most NFL games are. Then the inevitable couple calls vs the Pats late when the game is out of reach. Not all penalties have equal impact. 

what would you contribute this apparent trend to ?

26 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

That call on Cooks was awful. They were both pushing at each other and it was an uncatchable ball. Assuming you are talking about the one at the end of the first half

11 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

My first question, why are you on here if you’re a pats fan? Other then trolling. 

Second, if you believed Lewis was down with control then you need to get your prescription changed to something stronger. https://m.tlcvision.com/centers/boston/?eventid=7188

• Haha (+1) 1