Jimmy Garoppolo

If you could get a franchise qb, like say Brees or Rodgers, you'd trade your next 10 first rounders for them.

Seriously.  

Personally I think Jimmy G's star is going to fade when DC's start getting film on the guy and learn his tendencies.  But I'd give up two 1st rounders for the guy, I think any team would, even Belichick if Kraft the Mullet would let him.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

With Jimmy G likely to be franchised, would you sign him to an offer sheet and give up the two 1st rounders to get him?

Discuss

SF would want more than two at the bottom of the first round.  no question.  the guy is proven NFL-ready.   we can't even trade our two 1st round picks to get in the top 5, so why would SF trade G for essentially a 8th or 9th round 1 pick, when all the franchise QB types will be gone.   

the bills screwed themsevles for the draft by getting to the playoffs.  a fair trade in my view, but they did screw the franchise QB pooch by doing it.  trading both no. 1s (21 and 22) only gets them maybe the 7th pick in the draft, assuming anyone wants the deal in the first place

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Does no one remember the lesson of Rob Johnson? Beware going after a guy with a short track record.

Totally different. Johnson had 1 start and 35 pass attempts in 3 years. Garoppolo is 7-0 and played in New England. He is much more of a known quantity than Johnson was. 

• Like (+1) 3

Yes, absolutely I would. In a heart beat.

But, it wouldn't matter. The 49ers would just match the offer instead of accepting the two 1st round picks.

Garoppolo evelated the play of everyone - took a 1-10 team on a 5 game winning streak to finish 6-10. They have a ridiculous amount of cap space (something like $110 million), too. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

SF would want more than two at the bottom of the first round.  no question.  the guy is proven NFL-ready.   we can't even trade our two 1st round picks to get in the top 5, so why would SF trade G for essentially a 8th or 9th round 1 pick, when all the franchise QB types will be gone.   

the bills screwed themsevles for the draft by getting to the playoffs.  a fair trade in my view, but they did screw the franchise QB pooch by doing it.  trading both no. 1s (21 and 22) only gets them maybe the 7th pick in the draft, assuming anyone wants the deal in the first place

I suspect they'll throw in more picks than that if they decide to move up to the 4-6 range.

I would give up 5 firsts if it meant getting a Franchise QB.  In this case, if I was absolutely confident he was going to be great, I'd do it in a heartbeat......not just to get our Franchise guy, but to beat the living crap out of the Pats* for the next decade WITH THE GUY THEY GAVE AWAY!!!! 

Couldn't get much sweeter than that.

I would rather have given up a second round pick when I could of bought low with the risk of not knowing then pay somebody else a Kings ransom for getting it right. It just gives me a feeling like I'm savvy. 

So I probably wouldn't just because of that. Plus I would like to see a full season. I'm not saying he isn't good. I think he will be. Not saying he isn't worth it, probably would take more now. 

I just wouldn't want to buy something from you for $20 right after you payed $5. 

Edited by Lfod