Jimmy Garoppolo

23 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Jimmy is worth the risk for somebody like us, throwing pick 21&22 for him, if we thought that was acceptable to do for any other QB in the draft, I think he's equal or better than them.

Cleveland? No f*cking way would they even consider #1 and #4 .

Unless your name is Tom Brady,  or are like Big Ben, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers every QB is a risk.  

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This sounds like the same excuse some still spout about Trent Edwards, "he was really good until that hit in the Arizona game..."  The fact is that RG III's game wasn't actually sustainable in the NFL because he didn't have/never developed most of the skills that an NFL QB needs to be better than mediocre, such as reading defenses, pocket presence, etc.  In college and as a rookie, he could get by with just using his physical ability but as NFL DCs developed "a book" on him,  he got worse and worse.  That's not something unique to RG III.  It's the same thing that befell both Kaepernick and Osweiler among others, which is why posters are saying "you need to see success over a longer period to judge a QB".   It's why I'm not annointing DeShon Watson as a great QB so far .... a 7 or 10 game sample simply isn't enough. 

If you roll back to the end of 2016, who was supposedly the best QB in the Class of 2016?  Dak Prescott, hands down.  Fast forward to 2017, and it's clear that Carson Wentz is head and shoulders the best so far but Jared Goff is now at least in the picture while there are some real question marks developing around Prescott because of how well he didn't play in 2017.

Except your logic is flawed because rgiii's game logs don't show a regression until after his injury.

His effectiveness literally plummeted.

I'm not saying there wasn't a chance he'd be "figured out"

I'm saying that we can never know because the injury derailed him before we even got to that point.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Unless your name is Tom Brady,  or are like Big Ben, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers every QB is a risk.  

Right.

Never said they weren't.

But somebody said the browns could do #1 and #4 for him.

I said that's absurd.

5 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The only way Garropollo leaves SF is if they had a wink wink deal in place for Cousins and manage to trade Garropollo for mutiple pks. Now this gonna happen not likely at all. But like someone said here earlier if Cleveland makes a big offer including there 2 firsts. That would give the 49ers 3pks in top 10 and a QB like Cousins that Shanahan has a repore with. Well that's alot to think bout.  But enticing. 

SF has enough holes that paying for Cousins makes no sense if they can get younger talent cheaper.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Opponents next year will take his game film apart and find his flaws and go after them mercilessly. He may be good enough to survive this, playing for a bad team hurts his chances though. (...) he got a who cares about a scrub pass this season

I'm not sure about that "who cares" pass.  The last 5 teams they played included the Titans, Jaguars and Rams.  Wouldn't an extra win have been some benefit to them, in confidence going into the playoffs if nothing else?   The Flaming Thumbtacks could have taken the division, right?

Be that as it may, what specific flaws are you seeing that opponents will exploit?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

SF has enough holes that paying for Cousins makes no sense if they can get younger talent cheaper.

They have nearly 100mil in cap space plus they already gonna spend big on Garropollo. So naturally a deal like this actually benefits there cap situation.  By signing Cousins and trading Garropollo for multiple firsts. They essentially kill 2 birds with one stone.  I'm not saying this will happen just saying if Garropollo was somehow available this could be the reason. Remember Cousins and Kyle have a great relationship.  Maybe Kyle feels like he can get the same things and more out of a more proven Cousins.

3 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

They have nearly 100mil in cap space plus they already gonna spend big on Garropollo. So naturally a deal like this actually benefits there cap situation.  By signing Cousins and trading Garropollo for multiple firsts. They essentially kill 2 birds with one stone.  I'm not saying this will happen just saying if Garropollo was somehow available this could be the reason. Remember Cousins and Kyle have a great relationship.  Maybe Kyle feels like he can get the same things and more out of a more proven Cousins.

Sonce the goal is winning and jimmy G looks head and shoulders above Kirk, I don’t see them taking a left turn on this. 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It was rumored that Kirk Cousins wanted to play for the 49ers. What if the 49ers signed Cousins and traded Jimmy G for two 1st rd picks. By the way I would do this trade in a heart beat.

Two QB's I would target in FA are.

1. Jimmy G

2. AJ McCarron

Not at all plausible.