Jimmy Garoppolo

15 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

In a heartbeat

Talk about tunnel vision to try and argue your point. It takes half a second to see he's a legit QB while Tebow was a novelty act. You're just trolling now. He has SEVEN starts and wasn't going to re-sign with NE to be a backup when he can play. You think they were going to franchise a backup QB? By your logic there are no good free agents ever because why would their teams "let them go"

Way to take that down the wrong street.  

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

I heard Washington might non exclusive cousins to try and force a team to fork over the picks.

With the non exclusive, does the same "consecutive franchise" pay bump still apply?

This would be Kirk's third year in a row, with a 44% bump to around $35mil guaranteed.

That is a dangerous game of chicken to play if nobody decided to tender him an offer, you're stuck with that bill and a guy who doesn't want to play for you.

I think so.  Here's one assessment:

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/could-redskins-afford-kirk-cousins-transition-tag

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks dude.

That's exactly what they should do then.

Transition franchise tag him, that is win-win for the skins.

It allows another team to make cousins an offer that he has the right to agree to or not.

It then allows them to choose to match it, or say "nah bro, pass" and snag 2 first round picks from the deal.

Cousins gets $34-50 million up front year one either way.

He gets to choose which team he signs with, while guaranteeing his big paycheck up front.

It also allows his deal to be front loaded, which means of he sucks in a couple years, his cap hit isn't an albatross.

I'm still flabbergasted that Kirk cousins is going to be getting $34 million next year.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

In a second 

In a nanosecond. I would also throw in a second round pick. 

For those who don't think he is worth that cost consider the effect he had on the 49ers.  If Mayfield could be acquired by giving up both of our first round picks I would seize the opportunity and walk away with a shiiit grin. 

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Personally I think Jimmy G's star is going to fade when DC's start getting film on the guy and learn his tendencies.  But I'd give up two 1st rounders for the guy, I think any team would, even Belichick if Kraft the Mullet would let him.

He'll be successful so long as Kyle Shanahan is the designer of the offense.  Shanny has had success everywhere he has been.  He has a great system, just needed the right guy to run it.

No way the 9ers let him get away and no chance Garoppolo would want to leave.

Edited by Chicken Boo

...the Niners have been a disaster ever since DeBartolo's sister and her husband John York wrested control away......and then John turns it over to his kid Jed (Clampett?) and his bot toy Balke......dumb and dumber....somehow they attract Lynch, a hard nosed player with no managerial experience as GM along with Shanahan.....signing Jimmy G is a top priority, or ONLY priority right now for whatever loot it takes.....dopey Yorkie has no say if he wants John to run the show......

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

With Jimmy G likely to be franchised, would you sign him to an offer sheet and give up the two 1st rounders to get him?

Discuss

Didn't you guys give up 2 firsts and another pick to get Watkins?

Garoppolo is the real deal folks. 7-0 and the only QB NE has ever drafted to take over for Tom. Who knew he'd be the MVP at 40 years old? NE really didn't have a choice, but to trade him. Traded him to the NFC even though the Browns were willing to give up more because he didn't want JG in the AFC. 49ers are going to make him a rich man. At least I hope so. Imagine if the Bills had JG instead of TT! I don't really want to think about it...

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Uhh, yeah!!!!

My only fear is this is a one hit wonder season but it looks like he may well be the real deal. 

Caveat Emptor!!!!!????

Why did B.B. let him walk ?

That gives me serious pause.

What's so hard to understand?  Belichick didn't let him walk, he traded him for a 2nd round pick before he walked in 2018 for no compensation as a UFA with a chance that he'd sign with an AFC East or some other team in the conference. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What's so hard to understand?  Belichick didn't let him walk, he traded him for a 2nd round pick before he walked in 2018 for no compensation as a UFA with a chance that he'd sign with an AFC East or some other team in the conference. 

For a coach possibly on the way out( his choice) I get it.

If the kids worth two firsts then you keep him and tell your 40 year old QB, “ Last season Tommy Boy.” And you keep on winning with your new wonder boy.

If BB is as good as he seems to be this would be par for the course for him.

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

If the kids worth two firsts then you keep him and tell your 40 year old QB, “ Last season Tommy Boy.” And you keep on winning with your new wonder boy.

Kraft reportedly wasn't going for any trade of Brady and Jimmy G wasn't coming back as the 2nd QB.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This.  

If Tommie gets hurt or retires they are screwed.  

The Patriot*  way is to dump guys before they fail.  

Why change now? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

In a heartbeat

Talk about tunnel vision to try and argue your point. It takes half a second to see he's a legit QB while Tebow was a novelty act. You're just trolling now. He has SEVEN starts and wasn't going to re-sign with NE to be a backup when he can play. You think they were going to franchise a backup QB? By your logic there are no good free agents ever because why would their teams "let them go"

You beat me to it. However, I'll add that Belichick traded him to the NFC because he didn't want Garoppolo in the AFC. Cleveland would have offered more. BB didn't even shop JG around. He just called SF and made the deal. 

2 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

You beat me to it. However, I'll add that Belichick traded him to the NFC because he didn't want Garoppolo in the AFC. Cleveland would have offered more. BB didn't even shop JG around. He just called SF and made the deal. 

The Browns apparently offered a 1st earlier in the season and NE said no. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Brady will be the league MVP this year. How do you justify trading the best QB in the league?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Browns apparently offered a 1st earlier in the season and NE said no. 

BB held onto him up until the trading deadline. They would have offered a lot more on draft day.

BB does some things that make you scratch your head, but the usually work out. He traded Jamie Collins (their best defender) midseason last year to the Browns. Defense got better. Go figure.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This.  

If Tommie gets hurt or retires they are screwed.  

The Patriot*  way is to dump guys before they fail.  

Why change now? 

Brady will be the league MVP this year. How do you justify trading the best QB in the league?

Sorry for replying to you twice Buffalo Boy!