Glad we let Marrone walk...

bills6969

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You realize he also had the 6th ranked offense by yards and 5th by points right?

Their strength of schedule was 31st. They won 10 games.

The Bills strength of schedule was 5th. They won 9 games.

1 minute ago, KHAN said:

Their strength of schedule was 31st. They won 10 games.

The Bills strength of schedule was 5th. They won 9 games.

and they beat the Bills at home and Pittsburg in Pittsburg twice while on their way to the AFC championship game.  What's your point?  I don't care what their strength of schedule was.  They were a top ranked D and a top 5/6 offense.  Marrone has his team 1 game away from the Superbowl.  Who did the Bills beat on the road to 9 wins?  Nobody that was playing well at the time they played them.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

and they beat the Bills at home and Pittsburg in Pittsburg twice while on their way to the AFC championship game.  What's your point?  I don't care what their strength of schedule was.  They were a top ranked D and a top 5/6 offense.  Marrone has his team 1 game away from the Superbowl.  Who did the Bills beat on the road to 9 wins?  Nobody that was playing well at the time they played them.

Hey man. It's cool.

You win.

Wait. Marrone is long gone from here. I guess I win! Because that all I wanted. 

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Come back and talk when they win the SB this year.  And then next year the Colts get Luck back, likely add Barkley at RB, the Texans get Watson back, and the Titans probably still have the Jags' number.

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

That's the definition of second-hand.  You haven't met the man.

But you have met him and determined he’s the pinnacle of virtue? How many people at OBD do you know personally that were there at the time that vouch for him? Could be anyone, from players to support staff. Find just one and perhaps I’ll reconsider my stance. 

In the meantime, it’s beyond ridiculous to debate this point any further. 

Congrats to the Jags. 

8 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Ok.  Belichek is an unlikable !@#$, I'm sure Pats fans really care about that.

Which is why I am happy that I'm not a Pats fan.

I do actually want to like the team I root for...and call me crazy, but for all of their winning and Super Bowls, I can't see the Patriots and their fans having moments like we did during the snow game or on New Year's Eve. That's all about family and heart and sticking together through the tough times with integrity and honorability. That's the Bills, that's McDermott.

I'm happy with the direction and leadership of this team right now and we wouldn't be here if Marrone and his unlikeable, egotistic ways stuck around. He's obviously a decent coach, but not someone I want to root for or represent the Bills.

Marrone would have likely been just as good as McDermott, and if he had stuck around, we would have gotten to the same place several years sooner.

He'll always be the butt of jokes in Buffalo b/c of his curious departure and the way this is spun into him quitting on the city of Buffalo.  But dude is not a bad HC and I loved how he went for it on 4th down from the 1 or 2 yard line early in the game against Pittsburgh.

And watch!  Jacksonville is going to give NE fits in terms of their D vs. Brady.

14 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Could you blame him?  He had a GM that marched to the beat of his own drum and didn't listen to the head coach's opinion.  Whaley drafted EJ in 1st round, Dougie wasn't a fan.  Whaley traded up to draft Sammy, Dougie wasn't a fan.

Oh stop making **** up, and acting like they are facts. Marrone quit, because he is a coward. Doug Whaley has nothing to do with Marrone being a coward. 

10 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You realize he also had the 6th ranked offense by yards and 5th by points right?

Come on that does not fit the narrative of hate.

The man can coach - he may be a jerk, but he can coach.  Taking an underachieving team from last year and now they are in the Championship game.

He was not a guy I could like -ala McD- but the guy could coach.