Have we ever looked forward to an offseason as much?

eball

One of the most fun offseasons I can recall is when Mario Williams was signed.

I think everyone's F5 button got worn out.

As far as the draft goes, I can't remember being this excited.  Not only due to the number of draft picks, but the McBeane factor excites me, as well.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I haven't...certainly not in the "internet age."  When is the last time we went into an offseason full of legitimate hope and reasonable optimism?  No need to "clean house," no continuance of "the drought"...

Yes, there are significant flaws to address but for the first time in a long time the Bills have a stable front office, a cupboard full of high draft picks, and a young GM who has already shown a willingness to make tough decisions.

This is going to be fun.

Sadly that's all I have ever looked forward to accept the last few years I gave up watching pre draft and FA wires.. This year I'm back to researching QB's and FA options so I guess my interest has definitley ticked back upwards

We still have the same issue we always had though.. We need a QB.

Edited by ddaryl

It was a ten million times better offseason for the years the Bills

1) lost the AFC Championship game

2) lost the division playoff

3) lost a Super Bowl they should have won

and then it was obvious they weren't going to beat the NFC

so, yeah this offseason isn't a mole hill compared to the Everest of those 3 offseasons

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

One of the most fun offseasons I can recall is when Mario Williams was signed.

I think everyone's F5 button got worn out.

As far as the draft goes, I can't remember being this excited.  Not only due to the number of draft picks, but the McBeane factor excites me, as well.

That was the meteoric rise of Incarcerated Bob. Immediately followed by his meteoric fall.

The most exciting thing to me is the 9-7 with THIS roster. 

It wouldn't get us in every year, but breaking to drought was huge.

If Beane manages to put together a respectable roster with a good/great QB, this could be a legit contender. Especially when Brady finally falls apart.

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Think we have well upwards $30 million in cap room, too, no?

Estimated $34M in cap space, with 20 roster spots to fill. And that's before we create more holes by tweaking the OL, all of which are under contract in 2018, and getting rid of Tyrod/Glenn/Hughes, etc. There's a decent amount of cap, but there's a lot of holes to fill too.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Estimated $34M in cap space, with 20 roster spots to fill. And that's before we create more holes by tweaking the OL, all of which are under contract in 2018, and getting rid of Tyrod/Glenn/Hughes, etc. There's a decent amount of cap, but there's a lot of holes to fill too.

Good thing we've got a lot of draft picks. 

I look forward to every draft and every season... but there has rarely been one so intriguing to me.  

This is the first offseason really of McDermott and Beane in tandem.  They have some pieces but plenty of holes too.... how they move forward from here is genuinely going to be fascinating and will give us a strong sense of what we have with this regime and the direction we are going in.  

- what do they do at QB?

- how aggressive are they in pursuing top tier FAs?

- do they look to trade up in round 1 of the draft or are they content to wait and let the draft come to them?

- do they spread their resource across the whole team or put a heavy focus on one particular side of the ball?

We have very little to go on so far. I am going to listen to the presser today to see if there are any clues reading between the lines of what is said.  

4 hours ago, teef said:

i could easily see this as well, but as long as it's part of the build for the future, so be it.

Oh yeah!!  Pour ME up a pitcher of some of that PROCESS!!!  :beer:

Draft next year is gonna be sweet!!

47 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If the don’t pick up Tyrods option it may be a little north of that 

Isn't he like $16M all by himself?

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Oh yeah!!  Pour ME up a pitcher of some of that PROCESS!!!  :beer:

Draft next year is gonna be sweet!!

Isn't he like $16M all by himself?

His cap hit if they pick up the 6 million roster bonus is like 18 million 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

Definitely not the internet age but 1985 was a pretty good year loaded with draft picks.
No FA back then but I am looking forward to this draft with some spiked koolaid this year. :beer:
Hoping we put all those 2018 draft picks to good use.