Who should replace Gruden on MNF?

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Think Rex Ryan gets the job. He has called a MNF game... Currently works for ESPN... Has had a year of experience (unlike Manning)... And I think that ESPN will want to keep a coach in there. If not Rex maybe Louis Riddick...he is being talked about as a potential star

I just hope it's not a woman that gets the job just because she is a Female. I strongly believe that a color commentator who gives anaylsis should be a coach or former player. 

Agree.

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What a hoot that would be....  Does he know football? 

I'm sure just as much as the average football fan.

All kidding aside, he would be the perfect 3rd member in a 3 man crew, as long he kept it under control and it wasn't a total goof show for the whole game.

I would think a network would love that idea, b/c there are a LOT of crap games where viewership must drop off dramatically shortly after the start of the game, or when the score becomes lopsided.

Caliendo would keep viewership numbers high when they would otherwise be low.

PS:  I would be much more interested in knowing who they replace the bald play by play guy with...he's terrible.

Never liked Mike Tirico either. 

Just now, KollegeStudnet said:

Probably going to be Rex Ryan. 

Rex is pretty freaking bad at color during a game; not sure ESPN would give him that sort of limelight job.

Rex is better in a studio sitting behind a counter with 4 other guys spouting off. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nobody watches MNF anyway do they? I bet we get one next season though.... most playoff teams the year before seem to. 

Thursday ate into MNF's value for sure.  As a playoff team with newfound hype I agree we should probably get one.

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

PS:  I would be much more interested in knowing who they replace the bald play by play guy with...he's terrible.

Never liked Mike Tirico either. 

Rex is pretty freaking bad at color during a game; not sure ESPN would give him that sort of limelight job.

Rex is better in a studio sitting behind a counter with 4 other guys spouting off. 

I agree, Rex is terrible at color during a game, he can't sustain his shtick for very long and he starts getting sloppy, confused, and mumbling.

Chris Spielman would get my vote. He’s very good and doesn’t pull punches with analysis. 

He also has familiarity with working with Sean McDonough as they were partners on cfb games a few years ago. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1