Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Great timing for us. We are coming up as Pats are going down. I do expect them to win the Super Bowl this year (Steelers are their only competition) but next year I am certainly not convinced that they will be able to overcome losing 2 coordinators and having a 41 yr old QB.

Even if BB stays, I'm sure he is not happy about having to trade away the heir apparent in Jimmy G and now he has to start from scratch and find another replacement in the draft. Watching Jimmy come into his own in SF has to be frustrating. If I'm BB I'm taking the NY job rather than going down with that ship in NE

I also expect them to win the SB again. Honestly anything else would be a major disappointment for them and I think **** will really hit the fan.

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Trading Garapalo mid-season for 2nd was an odd move.  Having nothing behind a 40 year old QB makes 0 sense.  That move paired with trading Brissett are completely not Belicheck moves.  There are 2 options to choose from.  Either Bill after developing Garapalo and reaching the end of his contract didnt think Garapalo was that good, or trading him wasnt Bills decision.  Eric Mangini take on this story leads me to believe there is more to this than leads the eye.  the only speculation is how severe is the strife between Bill and Kraft/Brady.  Everything McGinest says is true.  That is why many believe Bill would pick the 27 year old Qb with loads of potential and the ability to set the franchise up for 10 years vs the 40 years where unless they can find lightening in a bottle again they are held hostage by Brady and his decision to retire.  

Trading Jimmy G in the fashion they did was the most UN-Belichick move in his entire time in NE***. Are we supposed to believe he suddenly changed his entire philosophy? Belichick is ALWAYS planning two steps ahead and Jimmy G was going to secure the QB position well into the future. Now they have NOBODY to assume that role moving forward. I can’t see BB being that reckless with the future security of the franchise. Nobody can convince me it was his decision to trade Garrapolo. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also expect them to win the SB again. Honestly anything else would be a major disappointment for them and I think **** will really hit the fan.

I don't.  Even if they get past the Steelers and go to the SB, you have teams like Minny, NO, and LAR which could all beat NE.  Don't discount the NFC, which I think is stronger than the AFC...including NE.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/4/2018 at 9:57 PM, SinceThe70s said:

You're all alone in a room sitting in a chair across from Kraft, Belichik and Brady.

You have one gun with two bullets. They all get up at the same time and start walking towards you menacingly. What do you do?

If it's me, I shoot Brady twice!

I inspect the gun closely.  It is probably rigged to shoot the shooter.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't.  Even if they get past the Steelers and go to the SB, you have teams like Minny, NO, and LAR which could all beat NE.  Don't discount the NFC, which I think is stronger than the AFC...including NE.

If they lose the SB or don’t even make it, the decision to stick with Brady will blow up even more 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes the specifics are different ... but just drawing the parallel  about what type of conflict can occur within the leadership of an organization when you are faced with the end of an era with a QB of that magnitude. And, both Qbs are enormous control freaks and feel/felt they have/had a lot of power within the organization. 

Definitely. 

While I might nit pick some of the “did it work out” commentary (I’d trade those manning years for lucks past and hopefully future career 110% even with hindsight)....

this is the type of thing that can be far more than day to day squabbles. I want personnel debate in the front office and think those arguments can be good- but I also want an owner that stays out of that debate... and think that the “franchise qb” debate is different than any other move for obvious reasons 

fake news?

Bill Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach Giants and might take it amid Patriots drama: source

Imagine hoodies with their sleeves cut off becoming a Fifth Avenue fashion statement.

Bring Bill Back Home.

Can Bill Belichick, yes Bill Belichick, be the next coach of the Giants? With a report of turmoil in New England involving him, Tom Brady and Robert Kraft, it certainly seems feasible.

“I’m sure Bill knows this is his last chance to be the Giants coach,” a source close to Belichick said Friday. “Bill sees an opening — an opening to get to the Giants.”

no, just some writers opinion

Belichick still has a very soft spot for the Giants

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Definitely. 

While I might nit pick some of the “did it work out” commentary (I’d trade those manning years for lucks past and hopefully future career 110% even with hindsight)....

this is the type of thing that can be far more than day to day squabbles. I want personnel debate in the front office and think those arguments can be good- but I also want an owner that stays out of that debate... and think that the “franchise qb” debate is different than any other move for obvious reasons 

OMG even this turns into an excuse for Andrew Luck.  In 5 games, JG did more to give a franchise hope than Luck has done yet.  

The cap hit is coming for SF but Indy has already eaten a few years with more to come.  I'm guessing they didn't envision their $ being spent on quacks overseas .

We've all been waiting forever for the Patriots dynasty to crumble.....I don't think this story is it however.....NE was never going to let Brady finish his career elsewhere...he's the exception to the rule....You have the GOAT QB who won you 5 SB rings....still plays on a MVP level....all-pro again this year...and has a serious shot at giving ring # 6.....Brady will retire a Patriot...and I don't think BB will leave either.....

I see Brady playing just OK next year....not a HUGE drop, but it will be noticeable.....he'll be playing like a Rivers or Palmer......it will be the beginning of the end....finally....

I don't know if true. But would be nice. Patriots have buried the AFC East for years and years. But I understand both sides to story if true. When Bill retires or leaves it's going to change lots agaiin if true.

3 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

We've all been waiting forever for the Patriots dynasty to crumble.....I don't think this story is it however.....NE was never going to let Brady finish his career elsewhere...he's the exception to the rule....You have the GOAT QB who won you 5 SB rings....still plays on a MVP level....all-pro again this year...and has a serious shot at giving ring # 6.....Brady will retire a Patriot...and I don't think BB will leave either.....

I see Brady playing just OK next year....not a HUGE drop, but it will be noticeable.....he'll be playing like a Rivers or Palmer......it will be the beginning of the end....finally....

I'm not sure. People have been saying for years Tom Brady decline but always rise to the top. But I do agree getting older.

Thanks, Marvin, Andy and Boyd.

Is this crisis management or simply the truth.....Statement from Kraft, BB and Brady....

"For the past 18 years the three of us have enjoyed a very good and productive working relationship. In recent days, there have been multiple media reports that have speculated theories that are unsubstantiated, highly exaggerated or flat out inaccurate. The three of us share a common goal. We look forward to the enormous challenge of competing in the postseason and the opportunity to work together in the future, just as we have for the past 18 years. It is unfortunate that there is even a need for us to respond to these fallacies. As our actions have shown, we stand united."

On 1/5/2018 at 4:38 PM, May Day 10 said:

i do think there has always been an elephant in the room.  the question of coach or qb always comes up (as far as credit).  

i could definitely see brady freaking out trying to last to belichicks end.  if belichick dumps brady to the cardinals, brady stinks there, and garapollo's patriots dont miss a beat... what does that do to brady's legacy?  he still would have it, but the background grumbles of belichick's mastery would be too much for brady to handle.

There is greed in that locker room.  They have taken less  money to build a team and found other shady ways to make taht money back.  Now there is a grudge!!!

I think the obvious answer is......Bill knows Brady is in full decline.  It was evident watching them this year that he isnt as good as years past.  Watching Grappalo, its possibly, and even likely, that Belicheater knew Grappolo was better than Brady this season.   The Pats*** record is what it is due to refs. 

I'm sure Belicheater wanted to ditch Brady this offseason and move forward with Grappalo.  Think Rodgers/Farve here.  Kraft wanted nothing of that, and made Belicheater keep feminine Brady instead.  Just like when Pegula made Whaley keep Freddie Jackson....bad move. 

532532c45ca04e20097b55678c753360b0bd12ca

Edited by peterpan
  • Haha (+1) 1

I hadn’t read much about that Guerrero guy before. What’s up with that dude? He went to some crooked acupuncture “school” that no longer exists, and becomes health and fitness guru for the GOAT QB and his buddies? That’s just shady as hell. 

I firmly believe in like 20-30 years, after Belichick dies (probably from getting chucked down a shaft in a space station by Darth Patricia) we will start to learn about the true depth and breadth of the Pats’ cheating ways. Right now with the various other issues facing the league, Goodell and the owners are desperate to bury any malfeasance. The NFL is too big to fail. 

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the soap opera is getting laughable....now the urinalists are trying to link Belichick to the Giants job and surmising what it would take for Jurry to lure him to Dallas.....more popcorn....

Bellicheat* and Jurrah wouldn’t that be a fun pair to watch.  In all seriousness there is no way Bellicheat* goes to work for a meddling owner, no way.