GMFB's Kay Adams: McDermott Should Be Considered for NFL COTY

Being a Bills fan my choice is obviously a bit biased, as McDermott would receive my vote, but I do think Mcvay will win it.  The Bills sneaked into the playoffs as the number 6 seed, whereas the Rams won their division and also had a better record.  But who knows?  I'd love to see McDermott take home that honor.  He has completely changed the culture on that team, and the players fully bought in and learned to "trust the process".  

I think he should get consideration, but any chance for that honor went out the window with the Peterman fiasco.  McVay deserves it.  Yes he had great talent to work with, but the difference in the Rams year to year clearly had much to do with far better coaching.  I am thrilled with the job McD did this year, hiccups and all.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't disagree with mcvay winning it but theres no arguing he inherited a LOADED roster.

McDermott scratched and clawed everything he could out of this roster to get it into the playoffs. now lets sit back and enjoy as they start to draft the talent to pair with his intangibles.

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I bet half the board members here could have got the Rams to the playoffs this year.

McD deserves this award.

But Jeff Fisher couldn't. Probably another 8-8 season. Ha. 

Jeff Fisher is the Lindy Ruff of the NFL. "Take a 10 goal scorer and make them a 20 goal scorer. Take a 40 goal scorer, make them a 20 goal scorer"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

We had a better record a year ago - and McVay has turned them around quick.  But people forget that they have added 2 new starting WRs, a starting LT,  starting C, and drafted a new slot receiver.  Between that and better playcalling the offense improved a ton.  

Their defense was already talented, and have benefited from a simpler coaching approach.  

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

But Jeff Fisher couldn't. Probably another 8-8 season. Ha. 

Jeff Fisher is the Lindy Ruff of the NFL. "Take a 10 goal scorer and make them a 20 goal scorer. Take a 40 goal scorer, make them a 20 goal scorer"

I can`t billieve he might get interviewed for a few jobs.