2018 - Need Prayers Please

CountDorkula

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Count - Keep us updated sir. Continuing prayers for you and your bride.

We had our pre-op today. Kind of all became real to me as we were sitting there.

We have two outstanding neurosurgeons that will be doing the surgery.

They told us today that if it is an Ependymoma they will go ahead and try to remove the entire thing. 

If it ends up being an astrocytoma, they are going to stop surgery completely and move to radiation due to the risk factors with there being no clean plane between the tumor wall and spinal cord.

They said surgery should last 3-4 hours and then recovery will be another 2-3. Not quite sure what I am going to do with 7 hours of waiting. A lot of pacing i would guess.

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

We had our pre-op today. Kind of all became real to me as we were sitting there.

They told us today that if it is an Ependymoma they will go ahead and try to remove the entire thing. 

If it ends up being an astrocytoma, they are going to stop surgery completely and move to radiation due to the risk factors with there being no clean plane between the tumor wall and spinal cord.

They said surgery should last 3-4 hours and then recovery will be another 2-3. Not quite sure what I am going to do with 7 hours of waiting. A lot of pacing i would guess.

You could post about Tyrod Taylor.  Seems like many people can kill far more than 7 hours at a time on that subject.

Hope it's an ependymoma.  But "astrocytoma" is the coolest name for a cancer ever (except maybe "pheochromocytoma.")  I'm going to start a garage band, just so I can name it "Astrocytoma." 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Thanks for update Count. Will keep you two in mind and pray for good results. Stay in touch with us and we’ll try to keep you entertained with visions of screen passes to Tolbert on 3rd and 21. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Thanks for the update. We are all praying for the best! 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You could post about Tyrod Taylor.  Seems like many people can kill far more than 7 hours at a time on that subject.

Hope it's an ependymoma.  But "astrocytoma" is the coolest name for a cancer ever (except maybe "pheochromocytoma.")  I'm going to start a garage band, just so I can name it "Astrocytoma." 

I will think of ways to Thank him in the "Thank Tyrod Taylor thread" that could take a full 7 hours. :blink:

With the name astorcytoma, what kind of music do you play? Do you go rock, or throw a curve ball and go weird jazz/classical?

13 hours ago, mead107 said:

Just get in the shout box and disagree with turbo and time will fly by.  

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. 

disagreeing with Turbo would take me days not hours to settle.  :wacko::lol:

Edited by CountDorkula

On 1/10/2018 at 7:45 AM, CountDorkula said:

I will think of ways to Thank him in the "Thank Tyrod Taylor thread" that could take a full 7 hours. :blink:

With the name astorcytoma, what kind of music do you play? Do you go rock, or throw a curve ball and go weird jazz/classical?

disagreeing with Turbo would take me days not hours to settle.  :wacko::lol:

How is everything going? 

3 minutes ago, mead107 said:

How is everything going? 

Things are progressing slowly, but still going well. Spirits are high. 

Surgery is a week from today so the wife is starting to get anxious (as am I).

Family is coming in from Buffalo next Tuesday and we are all going out to dinner. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Things are progressing slowly, but still going well. Spirits are high. 

Surgery is a week from today so the wife is starting to get anxious (as am I).

Family is coming in from Buffalo next Tuesday and we are all going out to dinner. 

Best wishes to you, your wife and family. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Sleep was kind of rough last night. A lot of tossing and turning. A lot of anxious nerves.  

Have a feeling it will be for the remainder of the week until surgery on Wednesday.

I know easier said than done but hang in there.  Rest for you is key.  Prayers continue for you, your wife and your family.

Same here Count!  Don't ever worry that you are alone, you're not!

"One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

• Like (+1) 1

The surgery didn’t go completely as planed. They could not fully remove the tumor. She has some complications currently with her right side. Very limited movement but she is progressing. Had a scary moment last night where they had to do a second MRI to confirm no spinal stroke which came back nagative, thankfully. We are going to be spending a few more days in the hospital. We are hoping to be transported to Shepherd rehabilitation center by Monday to start PT and OT. 

Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes and support!

Jeremy

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The surgery didn’t go completely as planed. They could not fully remove the tumor. She has some complications currently with her right side. Very limited movement but she is progressing. Had a scary moment last night where they had to do a second MRI to confirm no spinal stroke which came back nagative, thankfully. We are going to be spending a few more days in the hospital. We are hoping to be transported to Shepherd rehabilitation center by Monday to start PT and OT. 

Jeremy

Thank you for the update, Count.  Stay positive, man!!  She's got this!!!

26 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Jeremy

Progress on that front is awesome.  Kill it on PT and OT!

On 1/26/2018 at 10:10 AM, CountDorkula said:

Jeremy

Sounds like good progress.  PT/OT will do wonders, those folks are fantastic.  Keeping you in our thoughts.

Update: We are moving to Shepherd Center sooner than anticipated, which is amazing.

My wife flexed her right foot for the first time by herself since surgery which brought me to tears basically. It was such a magical moment.  

If people had not heard about Shepherd Center, It is a world renown center for spine and brain rehabilitation.  It is only 1 of two in the entire country (The other Craig in CO) and somehow we managed to get in!

https://www.shepherd.org/

• Like (+1) 2