Thank You Two Bills Drive, Good Riddance BBMB and Their Mods

BuffaloRush

A big shout out to the mods and owners of Two Bills Drive.  I have to say since migrating here from the Buffalo Bills Message Board, this place has been great.  I don't always agree with the other members views on the Bills, and vice versa, but everyone has been cool and we all get along. 

I also appreciate that the moderators here are not self-important jerks, that abuse their power like the old moderators at BBMB.  Good riddance to them.  The fact that the forum doesn't crash after games on Sunday is a good thing too!  LOL

Seriously though, thanks for this great space that you created and thank you to all of the members here for a great 2017 and a better 2018.

• Like (+1) 23

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

This place has always been pretty darn good.  I been lurking in the shadows for years and finally bit the bullet and joined.  Should be interesting.....

No crusades, an occasional recipe that includes pickle juice, and not saying anything idiotic around DC Tom are the keys to success. 

For me: 1 out of 3 ain’t bad. But I’ve been here a while. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dang - I have missed the pickle juice connections.....and I thought I trolled here very well.  I actually do have a pickle based concoction or two of my own!

Anyone know if Bill from NYC is still active and around? - I have not seen him in a long time and sorely missed his 10 things and the Dead references......

I was a member of the BBMB for years and what i found was that everyone fought all the time...........everyone was always wrong about everything and the petty quarrelling was monotonous.

Mind you, as the saying goes, "if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem" and i may have had a small part in the never ending chaos, but when your views and opinions are constantly being thrown under the bus, well then you just kind of go with the flow and create bedlam as a backlash.

I love this site.

Everyone seems to get along well and respects each other.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I was a member of the BBMB for years and what i found was that everyone fought all the time...........everyone was always wrong about everything and the petty quarrelling was monotonous.

Mind you, as the saying goes, "if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem" and i may have had a small part in the never ending chaos, but when your views and opinions are constantly being thrown under the bus, well then you just kind of go with the flow and create bedlam as a backlash.

I love this site.

Everyone seems to get along well and respects each other.

^ agreed.  In my opinion, the mods were a huge problem

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Dang - I have missed the pickle juice connections.....and I thought I trolled here very well.  I actually do have a pickle based concoction or two of my own!

Anyone know if Bill from NYC is still active and around? - I have not seen him in a long time and sorely missed his 10 things and the Dead references......

Bill from NYC is still around, but Virgil has taken over the 10 things after game thread and has been doing a great job.  Same format as Bill used.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Bill from NYC is still around, but Virgil has taken over the 10 things after game thread and has been doing a great job.  Same format as Bill used.

Thanks man!!

How do I find those archived articles?  What would I use to search?  Does he start wilt the same thread title?

54 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

A big shout out to the mods and owners of Two Bills Drive.  I have to say since migrating here from the Buffalo Bills Message Board, this place has been great.  I don't always agree with the other members views on the Bills, and vice versa, but everyone has been cool and we all get along. 

I also appreciate that the moderators here are not self-important jerks, that abuse their power like the old moderators at BBMB.  Good riddance to them.  The fact that the forum doesn't crash after games on Sunday is a good thing too!  LOL

Seriously though, thanks for this great space that you created and thank you to all of the members here for a great 2017 and a better 2018.

OK BuffaloRush, what’s your “real” screen name?? NervousGuy? JustJack? Probably BuffaloBill. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Pickle juice reference.

43 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

That site was just extremely bi-polar in general. 95% of posters there loved the Rex signing.  After about year everyone hated him and no one would admit they wanted him as coach.  Just one example

Oh christ, i remember that chaos..........i denounced the Rex hire right from the beginning and was deemed a bad fan because i didn't support it.

But lo and behold, 1 year later everyone seemed to have amnesia and people came out of the woodwork denouncing Rex and OBD for ever giving the guy a contract.

That place was not only bi-polar, but a sounding board for never-ending arguments. 

• Like (+1) 1

I had one of those mods locked onto me for like 3 years, got so bad they would

disconnect me and lock me out if the bills were losing, Quite amusing.

Those mods were stalky.

Plus  towards the end the tt fan club overwhelmed that board and i still

believe that is the reason why they shut it down.

Just now, McBean said:

I agree. The BBMB was a bunch of softies. Anything negative towards the Bills got you an infraction. I think it was ran by the homer John Murphy.

If you had 20,000+ posts on BBMB you were allowed to post anything.  Anything less and the moderators treated you like you stole from the handicapped.  Place was dominated by jack holes who also probably killed themselves after the board shut down.  Thanks to 2BD.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

This place has always been pretty darn good.  I been lurking in the shadows for years and finally bit the bullet and joined.  Should be interesting.....

I am similar to you. I never visited the BBMB. I always thought this was the official place. If it wasn't it is now. I have been lurking a few years like you but I wanted to tell Savior Peterman I thought he was the real Nate Peterman so I joined to get it done. 

The funny part is I feel like I know all these posters and I'm still a stranger to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You should have been here when somebody threw a cup at Ron Artest.

Now THATS funny!!!

Just now, Lfod said:

I am similar to you. I never visited the BBMB. I always thought this was the official place. If it wasn't it is now. I have been lurking a few years like you but I wanted to tell Savior Peterman I thought he was the real Nate Peterman so I joined to get it done. 

The funny part is I feel like I know all these posters and I'm still a stranger to them. 

Agree, agree and agree!

23 minutes ago, McBean said:

I agree. The BBMB was a bunch of softies. Anything negative towards the Bills got you an infraction. I think it was ran by the homer John Murphy.

I called Rob fat and in need of a haircut and got points.   

I  got a point for calling jm2009 a tool and get this one for referring to transplant as Big Kahuna.  

• Haha (+1) 2

There's not that much difference between the two boards.  The BBMB mods would leave you alone as long as you acted like an adult and stuck to football without resorting to profanities.  They merge more threads here while at BBMB they just let the bad threads die out.

i'm still mad at this board for stripping me of my proud 3,000 plus posts and making me start from scratch because I couldn't find my password when they switched to the new format. 

did it so long ago i forgot what it was, i remembered a part of the password but they didn't care.   wouldn't let me sign in so I had to create a new user.  I think I'm still on probation as a nuuuube.

showed no respect for old guy dementia.   

yep.  i just looked.  77 posts

most of it gold.....

Edited by Da webster guy
  • Like (+1) 1

If Town N Country is on here oh my god I’d love to thank you for banning me for no reason. Prick. 

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There's not that much difference between the two boards.  The BBMB mods would leave you alone as long as you acted like an adult and stuck to football without resorting to profanities.  They merge more threads here while at BBMB they just let the bad threads die out.

Not my experience with those over officious douchebags. 

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Calling BS on that @Doc Brown.  There's a huge difference. The phrase "acted like an adult and stuck to football" is completely subjective.  Many fans on here have gotten banned  or infractions for expressing a negative opinion about the Bills players, coaches, or the organization as a whole  I personally know from my own experience.  I once got banned for calling Ralph Wilson a "cheap skate" for hiring Dick Jauron despite the fact it was well-known he frowned on spending money on coaches or front office staff.  

The other problem is that mods had their own agenda and enforced their own rules. They were very inconsistent in enforcing the rules consistently on all members.

The main difference is that the moderators here are extremely laid back and cool.  They also aren't affiliated with the Buffalo Bills nor do they work under someone who is emplyed by the team.  The only time they step in is when its warranted.   

For that I'm thankful - we can talks Bills football here without having to worry about the petty repercussions