The Wall.

Nanker

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If Obama had wanted a wall they would have been all for it. 

So this is the point I continually come back to. What is it that these people REALLY want? It cannot just be to have ‘their guy’ win. Everyone knows Joe Biden is wallpaper at best. So what’s the end game? I refuse to believe it’s actually Open Borders. That’s just a step to  a permanent Democratic majority. Is it socialized medicine? Really? Is it redistribution? Really? 

Edited by SoCal Deek

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So this is the point I continually come back to. What is it that these people REALLY want? It cannot just be to have ‘their guy’ win. Everyone knows Joe Biden is wallpaper at best. So what’s the end game? I refuse to believe it’s actually Open Borders. That’s just a step to  a permanent Democratic majority. Is it socialized medicine? Really? Is it redistribution? Really? 

They want what other people have but are not willing to work for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the President is commander in chief and responsible for the US to be safe from foreign invaders, how in the world could a border wall be "illegal?"

Supreme Court denies request to halt construction of the border wall

A number of groups, including the ACLU and Sierra Club, had asked the high court to get involved

The Supreme Court by a 5-4 vote has denied a request to halt construction of President Trump’s border wall over environmental concerns.

</snip>

A federal appeals court had ruled against the administration last month, but the justices, for now, have given another temporary victory to the administration.

"The fight continues,” said Dror Ladin, a staff attorney with the ACLU’s National Security Project. “Every lower court to consider the question has ruled President Trump's border wall illegal, and the Supreme Court’s temporary order does not decide the case. We’ll be back before the Supreme Court soon to put a stop to Trump’s xenophobic border wall once and for all.”

The four liberal justices dissented from Friday’s order.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If the President is commander in chief and responsible for the US to be safe from foreign invaders, how in the world could a border wall be "illegal?"

A number of groups, including the ACLU and Sierra Club, had asked the high court to get involved

The Supreme Court by a 5-4 vote has denied a request to halt construction of President Trump’s border wall over environmental concerns.

</snip>

A federal appeals court had ruled against the administration last month, but the justices, for now, have given another temporary victory to the administration.

"The fight continues,” said Dror Ladin, a staff attorney with the ACLU’s National Security Project. “Every lower court to consider the question has ruled President Trump's border wall illegal, and the Supreme Court’s temporary order does not decide the case. We’ll be back before the Supreme Court soon to put a stop to Trump’s xenophobic border wall once and for all.”

</snip>

The sad part is that 4 justices sided with the plaintiff. They attacked it on environmental grounds and are used to administrations like the Obama to give up (on purpose of course) once an activist court ruled against them. Team Trump keeps fighting. 

On 6/30/2020 at 9:31 AM, 3rdnlng said:

They want what other people have but are not willing to work for it. 

Speaking of, did you buy KAG/MAGA swag with your government check today?  It is the first of the month. 

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

The sad part is that 4 justices sided with the plaintiff. They attacked it on environmental grounds and are used to administrations like the Obama to give up (on purpose of course) once an activist court ruled against them. Team Trump keeps fighting. 

And trampling the Constitution.  Did Congress authorize the disputed funds for the border wall?  (Hint: no!)

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

</snip>

</snip>

Because Congress didn't authorize the funds in question for the construction of a border wall.  Meaning that Trumpy trampled the Constitution to reappropriate the vast majority of those monies.  (Construction in the immediate vicinity of a military installation is authorized by law.)

On 6/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, SoCal Deek said:

I'd like an America of dignity, among other things.  I also am against a border wall in Colorado.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And trampling the Constitution.  Did Congress authorize the disputed funds for the border wall?  (Hint: no!)

National Defense you f***ing idiot! EVERY nation in the world has borders! Are you trying to say our own national defense is only for wars half the world away?

Why do I even engage such ignorance?

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

President Trump’s border wall construction will reach 300 miles at the end of this week, a top Army Corps of Engineers official said on Tuesday as he gave Mr. Trump a tour of the border region in Arizona.

New wall is going up at a rate of 10 miles a week.

...and while 300 are almost completed, another 300 are under construction. The remaining mileage is still in planning.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

trump_lawyer-investigation_45465_c0-229-

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

President Trump’s border wall construction will reach 300 miles at the end of this week, a top Army Corps of Engineers official said on Tuesday as he gave Mr. Trump a tour of the border region in Arizona.

New wall is going up at a rate of 10 miles a week.

...and while 300 are almost completed, another 300 are under construction. The remaining mileage is still in planning.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

trump_lawyer-investigation_45465_c0-229-

You mean the wall is not already complete? I thought this was going to be easy? Oh well, at least Mexico cut the check for it anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/1/2020 at 8:38 PM, Cinga said:

National Defense you f***ing idiot! EVERY nation in the world has borders! Are you trying to say our own national defense is only for wars half the world away?

Why do I even engage such ignorance?

Hoax.  It’s about the constitution.  And a wall isn’t the only way to protect the border.  You lose. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  It’s about the constitution.  And a wall isn’t the only way to protect the border.  You lose. 

Your right of course, but they won't let me use claymore mines along it so the wall is all we have left. And don't hank my chain with that "virtual wall" crap. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Your right of course, but they won't let me use claymore mines along it so the wall is all we have left. And don't hank my chain with that "virtual wall" crap. 

Also, unlike you and Trump, I’m right about the constitution.  Which is the important point here. 

Steve Bannon, three others charged with fraud in border wall fundraising campaign

Federal prosecutors on Thursday charged Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser, and three others with defrauding donors of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a border wall fundraising campaign.

Bannon has been arrested, according to a spokesman for the US attorney's office. Bannon's lawyer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/bannon-build-the-wall-indictment/index.html

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

Steve Bannon, three others charged with fraud in border wall fundraising campaign

Federal prosecutors on Thursday charged Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser, and three others with defrauding donors of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a border wall fundraising campaign.

Bannon has been arrested, according to a spokesman for the US attorney's office. Bannon's lawyer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/bannon-build-the-wall-indictment/index.html

Welp, that's a shitload of restitution to have to pay.

20 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does anyone know what the SCOTUS decision is regarding Trump's Wall?

I thought you did.  You said that it supports your position yesterday.  Do you mean to say that you don’t konw what you’re talking about?  I never would have guessed . . . 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

And if they’re guilty, they should be locked up indefinitely.  No questions there.  Kudos to a clearly impartial DOJ for pursuing this beyond politics.  We’ve seen instances in the past where things get buried around election time.  Not here.  And it’s going to be very hard for folks to scream “partiality”, should more indictments follow from Durham.  

53 minutes ago, ALF said:

Throw the book at him if he's guilty.

But if the feds nail you, there is a pretty good chance you are guilty.

But, like EVERYTHING ELSE, let the system play out.

Even though I think Bannon is a first class scumbag at face value.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, Unforgiven said:

Most of the loudest outspoken liberals are grifters hustling for free something.

HILARIOUS given today's news.

A rundown of events:

We’re going to build a wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it.

Actually never mind we’re going to build a wall and you’re going to pay for it.

Actually never mind we’re just gonna take your money.

Lying to poor white people that poor immigrants are going to take their money while actually taking their money and giving it to rich people who then “donate” it back for more accurate and powerful propaganda tools to further trick poor white people and continue the cycle is quite frankly the GOP platform.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

More on the above:

"Steve Bannon, 'We Build The Wall' organizers arrested, charged with defrauding donors."

Fox News reports.
"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction. While repeatedly assuring donors that Brian Kolfage, the founder and public face of We Build the Wall, would not be paid a cent, the defendants secretly schemed to pass hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage, which he used to fund his lavish lifestyle," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

More on the above:

"Steve Bannon, 'We Build The Wall' organizers arrested, charged with defrauding donors."

Fox News reports.
"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction. While repeatedly assuring donors that Brian Kolfage, the founder and public face of We Build the Wall, would not be paid a cent, the defendants secretly schemed to pass hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kolfage, which he used to fund his lavish lifestyle," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said.

Off to prison you go, Bannon. Would love to see more of these kinds of arrests as we all know most of these 'fundraisers' are anything but.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Off to prison you go, Bannon. Would love to see more of these kinds of arrests as we all know most of these 'fundraisers' are anything but.

Exactly right.

I would also point out that he probably chose this scam because he knew, unlike some here, that support for a border wall is very high.

Just now, B-Man said:

Exactly right.

I would also point out that he probably chose this scam because he knew, unlike some here, that support for a border wall is very high.

In fairness, I've never been a Bannon fan. He's always struck me as an opportunist first. It was an early bad choice by Trump to have him anywhere near him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In fairness, I've never been a Bannon fan. He's always struck me as an opportunist first. It was an early bad choice by Trump to have him anywhere near him.

Lol, hey, it’s great you admit to being attracted to scam artist. Color me “not surprised” 

Btw, I have an amazing bridge in Brooklyn for sale, real cheap! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Exactly right.

Also the people he duped are, well, dumb.  So there’s that, too. 

Culture of lawlessness.  Well put.  So well put.  Rule of law!

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Lmao

It’s friggin hilarious.  Now the wall shouldn’t be privately funded.  And since Mexico isn’t going to pay for it, does that mean that taxpayers are going to support this stupid monolith? It’s either that or it doesn’t get built.  So which one is it, Trumpers?

4 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

117990695_184837056371208_57403668360181

This might be the root hoax of this whole series of hoaxes.  The original hoax, if you will. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1