The Wall.

Nanker

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

This is the dumbest argument. "It won't stop thaaaammm!!!!!" 

You do know you can make that argument for all the measures we take to preserve our sovereignty.  I mean, prisoners escape, illegal aliens sneak by agents all the time, etc. Even North Korea's border has people illegally cross it, and the deterrent there is a bullet. 

No deterrent is or security measure is 100% foolproof.  But, your logic can apply to them all. Therefore, we should have no security measures.  

"Bullets won't stop thaaaaaammm!"

I wonder if people really believe their argument opining a wall won't help ("work").

It won't work anywhere near well enough to justify the money dumped into it that can be put to better use for the same purpose of securing borders.

You incur the same expense in patrolling, the additional expense of maintaining, and it doesn't buy you any additional security.

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It won't work anywhere near well enough to justify the money dumped into it that can be put to better use for the same purpose of securing borders.

You incur the same expense in patrolling, the additional expense of maintaining, and it doesn't buy you any additional security.

And it creates jobs. 

4 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

Haiti is a place of abject poverty and it's been devastated by natural disasters.  But I think it's a huge mistake by the pres to call it a shithole.  Same goes for the other countries he was referring to.  These are people's HOMES.

By the same logic, the PM of Norway could easily refer to the U.S. as a shithole.  Would you be ok with that?  Would Trump be ok with that?

And look again at which kinds of people Trump is targeting.  And who he immediately holds up as a counterexample.  I'm sure most here will disagree, but Trump's behavior clearly says RACIST.

This city flipped out when Brady insulted our hotel.  How do you think immigrants from Haiti living here now feel about the POTUS?  I don't think Trump's a racist.  I just think he's an ignorant blowhard who doesn't think before he speaks.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

This city flipped out when Brady insulted our hotel.  How do you think immigrants from Haiti living here now feel about the POTUS?  I don't think Trump's a racist.  I just think he's an ignorant blowhard who doesn't think before he speaks.

Probably pretty happy they aren't living in Haiti anymore? 

All this angst over an unconfirmed report. Wonder if anything else big is going on in the news today... 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

You seriously don't think he is a racist? What more evidence do you need? Saying that immigrants from countries that are mostly black are bad, but from lilly white Norway are good, is classic racism. Mexicans are rapists, scapegoating immigrants as criminals, declaring that their are good people among the Nazis that murdered someone, I mean what more do you want?  

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Or have increased incentive to go out and vote.

Gee, and who would want immigrants to go out and vote more? 

It's almost like somebody leaked this information for a reason.  Gosh!

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All this angst over an unconfirmed report. Wonder if anything else big is going on in the news today... 

Yes, so what? That makes them bad people? 

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Gee, and who would want immigrants to go out and vote more? 

It's almost like somebody leaked this information for a reason.  Gosh!

Stop. Just stop. It's not like these unconfirmed reports came out immediately after a deal was rejected...

...Oh, wait. 

:beer: 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Lmao. Are you serious? I guess those guards and security forces surrounding those walls have nothing to do with it then? Abandoned buildings are loaded with rats. 

But, we still have illegal aliens crossing with Border Patrol Agents paroling, therefore the border patrol doesn't work and is a complete waste of money. It should be done away with. 

That is how you sound. 

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

But, we still have illegal aliens crossing with Border Patrol Agents paroling, therefore the border patrol doesn't work and is a complete waste of money. It should be done away with. 

That is how you sound. 

Nah. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying a wall, alone, can not and will not be sufficient. 

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, 0.05% is too much to spend one year on a wall. We are already paroling. A wall is just another obstacle for them to get past. It won't be 100% effective. But, over the course of its lifetime it will deter many.

1465410807135171.gif?crop=0.940668824163

By the way, barbarian hordes have been able to get through walls. I guess, walls are just a complete waste of money. DRONES are the way to go. 

2 minutes ago, Justice said:

Nah. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying a wall, alone, can not and will not be sufficient. 

You're right about that. See drone.

Trump is embarrassing. No doubt about that. I didn’t vote for him and I didn’t vote for Hillary. I don’t like either one. Having said that I can only assume being a Trump supporter is much like being a dog that has an owner that spreads peanut butter on his nutsack. 

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Lindsay Graham confirmed he said it and Graham's been Trump's biggest cheerleader these last few months.  I think Congress members have come to a place where they need they feel to educate the president because Graham apparently tried to educate Trump on immigration yesterday.  Another example is at that televised meeting where Feinstein asked if he'd be open to a DACA stand alone bill and Trump basically said yes.  That they'd do DACA first and then move on to comprehensive immigration reform.  McCarthy (GOP majority leader) jumped in to explain to the president why that was a horrible deal for them.  Trump just looked confused.  When Trump does his homework on something he seems to make the right decisions (Paris Climate Accords, moving US Embassy to Jerusalem, slashing unnecessary regulations, etc.).  When he doesn't you get dumb comments like he made yesterday that the media is ready to pounce on.