The Wall.

Nanker

I’m in favor of immigration reform that includes the elimination of “chain” and “lottery“ provisions that are currently in force. 

We we need immigrants to keep our country and economy growing. In 1986 Reagan provided amnesty to about three million “illegals” with the proviso that it would be the final time that the rules would be bent. But we all know what happened. 

Trump is on record as saying he’s open to a DACA deal but only if The Wall gets funded and built, as well as ending the chain and lottery provisions. 

I’m in favor of adopting an immigration policy that is similar to that which the Canadians have in force.

They also have a refugee immigration status provision, and their point system has recently been less favored than if applicants have a bonafide employment offer. 

The US used to have similar requirements for immigration. People had to have a sponsor and a job before they were allowed to immigrate. 

Do you think building The Wall is a reasonable exchange for doing a DACA deal?

36 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I’m in favor of immigration reform that includes the elimination of “chain” and “lottery“ provisions that are currently in force. 

We we need immigrants to keep our country and economy growing. In 1986 Reagan provided amnesty to about three million “illegals” with the proviso that it would be the final time that the rules would be bent. But we all know what happened. 

Trump is on record as saying he’s open to a DACA deal but only if The Wall gets funded and built, as well as ending the chain and lottery provisions. 

I’m in favor of adopting an immigration policy that is similar to that which the Canadians have in force.

They also have a refugee immigration status provision, and their point system has recently been less favored than if applicants have a bonafide employment offer. 

The US used to have similar requirements for immigration. People had to have a sponsor and a job before they were allowed to immigrate. 

Do you think building The Wall is a reasonable exchange for doing a DACA deal?

The Wall or some sort of enhanced border security is a must for the safety and integrity of our country. We don't need ISIS, kids from SA or MS13 flooding our borders. We need to only allow the best into this country by insisting on strict standards including a clean bill of health. Chain and lottery provisions don't adhere to those principles. I have no problem with a DACA deal as long as we can still deport those that break our laws. No eventual citizenship for anyone not having entered this country legally. If we don't control our borders then we don't really have a country.

A physical wall is an exercise in futility.  Illegal immigrants willl just tunnel underneath, elevate themselves over, punch a hole thru, or find somebody to smuggle them across an opening.

We need to eliminate the incentive for them to make the crossing.  Deny SNAP, WIC, EBT, Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to illegals.  Fine employers caught hiring illegals twice the annual minimum wage per illegal

The stupid wall is an idiotic idea that only simpletons think will even work. I am very pro-immigration  because I'd like to see the demographics of the country change even more. But if I was anti-immigration I wouldn't want to waste billions and billions on a stupid structure that won't work to begin with. The only good thing that can come out of it is that it would be fun to go draw graffiti on 

23 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

A physical wall is an exercise in futility.  Illegal immigrants willl just tunnel underneath, elevate themselves over, punch a hole thru, or find somebody to smuggle them across an opening.

We need to eliminate the incentive for them to make the crossing.  Deny SNAP, WIC, EBT, Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to illegals.  Fine employers caught hiring illegals twice the annual minimum wage per illegal

That works for the peaceful illegal aliens, but not for ISIS, MS13 or those that think we won't throw them out because they are 10 year old refugees from Venezuela.

A wall can be set up with sensors underground to make digging tunnels almost impossible to not detect. The wall is not meant to be foolproof and work independently to close the border but to funnel aliens into areas that are more easily patrolled.

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The stupid wall is an idiotic idea that only simpletons think will even work. I am very pro-immigration  because I'd like to see the demographics of the country change even more. But if I was anti-immigration I wouldn't want to waste billions and billions on a stupid structure that won't work to begin with. The only good thing that can come out of it is that it would be fun to go draw graffiti on 

Tell us, specifically why do you want the demographics to change?

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

C'mon man. I never ask a question that I don't already know the answer. I just wanted to hear it from that ass.

You know he'll never answer a question that doesn't involve the DNC talking point of the day.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They don't vote, but citizens do. Yes, I'd love to see the GOP either reduced to a rump party or forced to accept diversity 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/us/illegal-voting-gets-texas-woman-8-years-in-prison-and-certain-deportation.html

Oh, whoops.

I did like her defense though, "she's too stupid to know better." That would be most Democrats...

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No why would anyone have a goal to "see the demographics of the country change even more"?

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I think a physical wall would be somewhat effective but is certainly not the answer entirely.  The larger "hole" is probably the coast of California where people can be delivered by boat into the welcoming arms of Governor Brown. 

Yes, we need to end incentives for people to enter the country the wrong way, but it's tough to do with some of those incentives delivered at the state level. 

Edited by keepthefaith

I think people really try and play down the effectiveness of a wall. Only morons and the willfully ignorant truly think a wall won't help stop illegal aliens from flowing accross. The "baah they will find another way" argument applies to all forms of preventative measures. I hope those making that argument get sent to the pit of misery.

I'd also like roving robotic sentries. Drone patrols. Loosened ROE.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I think people really try and play down the effectiveness of a wall. Only morons and the willfully ignorant truly think a wall won't help stop illegal aliens from flowing accross. The "baah they will find another way" argument applies to all forms of preventative measures. I hope those making that argument get sent to the pit of misery.

I'd also like roving robotic sentries. Drone patrols. Loosened ROE.

Been married 11 years bro...the Pit of Misery has been surrounding me for over a decade!

27 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Been married 11 years bro...the Pit of Misery has been surrounding me for over a decade!

I wonder what she would call it?

BTW, The year end PPP awards are frozen since they were announced. These latest postings of yours won't count for the biggest idiot award this year, but are a fine start for next year's awards.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

No why would anyone have a goal to "see the demographics of the country change even more"?

I think a physical wall would be somewhat effective but is certainly not the answer entirely.  The larger "hole" is probably the coast of California where people can be delivered by boat into the welcoming arms of Governor Brown. 

Yes, we need to end incentives for people to enter the country the wrong way, but it's tough to do with some of those incentives delivered at the state level. 

That's what the Coast Guard does - it protects the coastline of the homeland. 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What do you gain by “changing demographics” ? 

Why would a wall not work ?   You know how to walk through iron ? 

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

I've lived in SoCal for the past 9 years. I see the destruction these sanctuary cities and the limp wristed federal government have caused by endorsing illegal immigration. Massive immigration and cheap labor is the opiote of the rich fat cats. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

This should have been done more than 20 years ago being a sovereign nation and all.  I don't understand what the holdup besides an irrational hatred of Trump as funding for a wall will save the US money in the long run.

the prior Admin got into a frenzy of taking in people without even bothering to see if they had TB..

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

All this talk about a wall is giving me a craving for some pudding

I'm suprised you would use the argument that the wall is not cost effective.Do you really think so?

*I mean, if I was Trump, I'd make the wall in layers.

Edited by Paulus

20 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What do you gain by “changing demographics” ? 

Why would a wall not work ?   You know how to walk through iron ? 

The U.S. electorate this year will be the country’s most racially and ethnically diverse ever. Nearly one-in-three eligible voters on Election Day (31%) will be Hispanic, black, Asian or another racial or ethnic minority, up from 29% in 2012. Much of this change is due to strong growth among Hispanic eligible voters, in particular U.S.-born youth.

An analysis of changes in the nation’s eligible voting population – U.S. citizens ages 18 and older – offers a preview of profound U.S. demographic shifts that are projected to continuefor decades to come. While the nation’s 156 million non-Hispanic white eligible voters in 2016 far outnumber the 70 million eligible voters that are racial or ethnic minorities, their growth lags that of minority groups. As a result, the non-Hispanic white share of the electorate has fallen from 71% in 2012 to 69%.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/02/03/2016-electorate-will-be-the-most-diverse-in-u-s-history/

Texas is going to be a Blue State in the not too distant future 

Latinos are now the largest ethnic group in Texas public schools, surpassing non-Hispanic whites in Lone Star State enrollment for the first time in history.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/12/hispanics-majority-texas-schools_n_3427239.html

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Answer the question dumbass.      Didn’t ask for your browser history.