the TT bashing is just so tiresome

stuvian

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

Yes I will take any of the them, someone with a brain that can read a defense.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Yes any of those other qbs have better numbers.  

Add Mccown too       TT 16 and 17 = ??????

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Yes I will take any of the them, someone with a brain that can read a defense.

Yep, throw my hat in with you guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Blows my mind that people don't understand why we are bashing Tyrod.

We're not saying he's the worst ever or anything outrageous. We're simply  saying that his limitations are really escalated when you're losing late in the game. It gets annoying needing a perfect defense and the moons to align just right to win every game. It would be nice to have a QB bail us out every now and then.

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, stuvian said:

Jameis Winston is also having a year in the TT range but no one calls for his scalp

1. Jameis Winston isn't a 7 year vet

2. Jameis Winston has only played 11 games this year & is still having a superior season to TT.

3. In Jameis Winston's rookie year, he had a far better year than Tyrod's BEST season. He followed it up in his sophmore season & again, did better than ANYTHING Tyrod has ever done.

4. You think Tyrod Taylor could EVER throw for 4,000+ yards in 2 straight seasons, let alone one? No.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, stuvian said:

1. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and YES. 

2. Only if one of the QBs from the previous question were playing for the Bills instead of TT. 

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

2. Jameis Winston has only played 11 games this year & is still having a superior season to TT.

3. In Jameis Winston's rookie year, he had a far better year than Tyrod's BEST season. He followed it up in his sophmore season & again, did better than ANYTHING Tyrod has ever done.

4. You think Tyrod Taylor could EVER throw for 4,000+ yards in 2 straight seasons, let alone one? No.

But but but .... it the WR's who can't tunnel under the Turf or grab a ball 5 yards out of bounds that are the problem

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

TT doesn`t have Doug Evans like Winston

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

But but but .... it the WR's who can't tunnel under the Turf or grab a ball 5 yards out of bounds that are the problem

LOL you're right! We should invest in some groundhogs as receivers, that way they can get those tunnels going ASAP!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans need a scape goat. It's just easy to blame the QB. 

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

You said Taylor was the bomb.com all offseason

368E8D66-BD12-43D6-8094-8FBDDEFB515E.png

• Haha (+1) 1

Hotrod is certainly not nearly as bad as many on here say and far from our only problem.

We could and have done A LOT worse even with first round draft picks. 

Just because he's not the text book drop back QB does not mean we can't win with him.

He did throw a TD pass on 2 plays in a row today. First one Clay dropped, second one refs stole. That fade to Benjamin was perfect.

I too am tired of the constant b1tching and scape goating.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans need a scape goat. It's just easy to blame the QB. 

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

The reason it's easy to blame him is because he has more opportunities to make plays than anyone else. He touches the ball virtually every offensive play, asides from stupid wildcats. 

"Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win."

the rest of that sentence should be: " enough games to make the Playoffs."

AND, simply no consistency.

Hits a neat long bomb play to Clay? Benjamin, then can't hit a 3 yard throw to Shady at the one.

Next, trys a sideline bomb- and it's 5 yards out of bounds.

Absolutely, NOT big enough to see the field and not good enough, by far! 

Never, will be!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 2

Remember how mediocre Alex Smith was...until he had his best season in 11 years and now everyone thinks we should nab him?

Remember how crap Keenum was for his entire career - and now everyone wants him?

remember how pathetic Goff was in year 1...and now everyone is wishing we had him? What percentage of Bills fans would ‘allow’ Goff to start Year 2 after what he did in his rookie season?

Tyrod is a good player. I don’t think he will ever be a league dominator but he is certainly good enough to win games so long as the rest of the team shows up. 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans don't really understand this. They want someone better and are willing to go with "anyone but Tyrod".... until that guy sets an NFL record for picks in a half.? And they still want him. Bills fans are dumb.

If.... and that’s a HUGE if. Things fall right for us and we sneak in the playoffs at 9-7 with Taylor at the he I’m curious as to how many will still be calling for peterman or just downright downplaying our first playoff appearance in 17 years. 

I think if somehow we sneak in the cream will rise to the top around here so to speak. Lol. 

We beat the Los Angeles Rams on the road last year, when their top two guys were Goff and Gurley.

This year with a new regime, the Rams are the talk of the league, with the same Goff and Gurley,

(unless you want to add in Watkins and Woods).

If we had the Rams management this year and  they had McBeane and Denison, we would be

tearing up the league, and the Rams would be in our position. Coaching, OC and GMs make a huge

difference but almost everyone wants to blame Taylor, as he is a easy scapegoat. He is a NFL QB,

not a top guy, but put him in the right position and he will be successful.

38 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Smith, absolutely.  How can it even be argued?

6 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Remember how mediocre Alex Smith was...until he had his best season in 11 years and now everyone thinks we should nab him?

Remember how crap Keenum was for his entire career - and now everyone wants him?

remember how pathetic Goff was in year 1...and now everyone is wishing we had him? What percentage of Bills fans would ‘allow’ Goff to start Year 2 after what he did in his rookie season?

Tyrod is a good player. I don’t think he will ever be a league dominator but he is certainly good enough to win games so long as the rest of the team shows up. 

this in incorrect.  Taylor is a horrible qb.  He does make a few splash plays a game but he can't complete simple passes, he never throws the ball away and even his long ball is a mess this season 

5 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

We beat the Los Angeles Rams on the road last year, when their top two guys were Goff and Gurley.

This year with a new regime, the Rams are the talk of the league, with the same Goff and Gurley,

(unless you want to add in Watkins and Woods).

If we had the Rams management this year and  they had McBeane and Denison, we would be

tearing up the league, and the Rams would be in our position. Coaching, OC and GMs make a huge

difference but almost everyone wants to blame Taylor, as he is a easy scapegoat. He is a NFL QB,

not a top guy, but put him in the right position and he will be successful.

Rams have goff and don't play the pats twice.  Bills have Taylor and play the Pats twice 

13 minutes ago, Bakin said:

All three of those guys at their best are MILES ahead of Taylor at his best, that's why. 

I would also prefer to not have Alex Smith anywhere near the Bills roster next year. 

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

All three of those guys at their best are MILES ahead of Taylor at his best, that's why. 

I would also prefer to not have Alex Smith anywhere near the Bills roster next year. 

And I’m sure everyone was saying that, say, last year. 

Patience is key in QB development. 

Bills fans, because of the drought, have none. 

54 minutes ago, stuvian said:

If it's this hard to really see the reality of how we're never going to win big with Taylor just imagine how hard it is for people to truly interpret the Constitution

Makes You Realize Real deep philosophical problems and dogmas truly never will be solved

17 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Smith, absolutely.  How can it even be argued?

Absolutely Alex Smith?:lol:

Do you watch Bills games?

Smith was awful and near single-handedly cost the Chiefs the game against a Bills defense that was playing absolutely terrible football.

That dude was the ELIXIR for all that troubled Leslie Frazier and his historically bad defense of the prior 3 weeks.

That's what you get with Smith..........he can and will lay an egg at any time versus any quality of opponent.

At 33,  with a decade worth of starts under his belt, playing for QB friendly HC's I don't know that there is much room for improvement either.

Tyrod has had 2 "bad" games like that this season.........against the Patriots and the Saints.........the top team in the NFL and another top 4 team.

Now give me Andy Reid as HC and he will make the same playoff appearances he has with Smith.

Thinking Alex Smith is some kind of upgrade is the definition of the grass being greener just because it's on the other side.

14 minutes ago, Bakin said:

And I’m sure everyone was saying that, say, last year. 

Patience is key in QB development. 

Bills fans, because of the drought, have none. 

The guy has been in the league for 8 years. 3 as a starter. I think we've been patient enough. 

No signs of improvement, and if anything, has regressed due to defenses figuring out how to completely shut him down. Ironically, opposing teams believe that Tyrod Taylor poses the least threat when he is forced to "play QB". That should be as far as anyone really needs to look into this. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Absolutely Alex Smith?:lol:

Do you watch Bills games?

Smith was awful and near single-handedly cost the Chiefs the game against a Bills defense that was playing absolutely terrible football.

That dude was the ELIXIR for all that troubled Leslie Frazier and his historically bad defense of the prior 3 weeks.

That's what you get with Smith..........he can and will lay an egg at any time versus any quality of opponent.

At 33,  with a decade worth of starts under his belt, playing for QB friendly HC's I don't know that there is much room for improvement either.

Tyrod has had 2 "bad" games like that this season.........against the Patriots and the Saints.........the top team in the NFL and another top 4 team.

Now give me Andy Reid as HC and he will make the same playoff appearances he has with Smith.

Thinking Alex Smith is some kind of upgrade is the definition of the grass being greener just because it's on the other side.

12 more TD's.  1 more pick. 1400 more passing yards.  More wins under center.

Sure thing dude.  I guess you watched Bills-Chiefs this year and that's it.  

Tyrod had some "bad" games against good teams?  Alex Smith threw for 368 yards and 4 TD's on 80% comp and dropped 42 on the Pats en route to a victory.  TT didn't lead our offense to a single touchdown against the Pats in TWO GAMES.  

"Grass is greener" or maybe I actually pay attention.  Try it sometime.  How many FG's will we need to out score the Pats next time if TT's under center? Hauschka better get on the Brady workout plan.

Edited by jmc12290
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He wrecks the tempo of the game... Gasses the D with untimely three and outs. Like after the FG to tie game.  D is barely off field after 13 plays.

There is a stretch in the early 3rd where Bills play 21 plays on D vs. Cheaters 9 plays.  That's not good. 

You know I read this alot. Does the offense they are never get tired? Hmmmmmmmmmm

13 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

12 more TD's.  1 more pick. 1400 more passing yards.  More wins under center.

Sure thing dude.  I guess you watched Bills-Chiefs this year and that's it.  

Tyrod had some "bad" games against good teams?  Alex Smith threw for 368 yards and 4 TD's on 80% comp and dropped 42 on the Pats en route to a victory.  TT didn't lead our offense to a single touchdown against the Pats in TWO GAMES.  

"Grass is greener" or maybe I actually pay attention.  Try it sometime.  How many FG's will we need to out score the Pats next time if TT's under center? Hauschka better get on the Brady workout plan.

I've watched plenty of Alex Smith and Alex Smith owes a ton to Andy Reid.

Like I said........give me Andy Reid........give me the Chiefs offense........give me the Chiefs defense and special teams...........and give me Tyrod and they will beat the Bills units with Alex Smith and Sean McDermott.

Like I said.......grass seems greener.   If you think Tyrod has a knack for not stepping up when you hope he will you haven't seen enough Alex Smith.