Kelvin Benjamin: "I Want to Show I'm Not a Quitter"

26CornerBlitz

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin confirmed Friday that he will "probably" get surgery on the torn meniscus in his right knee after this season.

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin on chance of re-injuring or aggravating his existing knee injury on Sunday: "I can't really think about it. If that happens, it happens. ... My ACL, my MCL, all that stuff is pretty much good. You can nick it. You can aggravate it again. But that's football."

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin will be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report. He said Friday of his injured right knee, "I got to deal with what I got. But I'm prepared to go out there and play. Whatever happens, whatever happens. Try to get through this win."

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I thought he was gone for the year on that hit, I like how KB plays. I think he would have a lot better numbers with Peterman thrown the ball to him on Sunday.

I knew it wouldn't take long for some Petermaniac to say something about unfortuNATE that has nothing to do with the thread. 

• Like (+1) 2

SHUT HIM DOWN AND GET TREATMENT.  Our offense runs through 1) Shady 2) Tyrods legs 3) Clay.  He would be, at best, 4th option regardless.  Also playing hurt he kind of limps down the field, Holmes can match that.  Take the time and get better KB, next year is going to be another step forward, the current roster won 8 games largely or entirely without you.

He's already proven that he'll play through legitimate injury and/or discomfort.

If he's risking further damage, he shouldn't.  He should just hang 'em up for the season and get to 100% for next year.

That’s stupid. And just the type of stupid we haven’t seen in years. I like it. 

From what I know about this type of knee injury (which 20% was learned here on TBD, 60% from my dad who tore his knee up skiing 100 years ago, and 20% from just knowing how to bull ****) I don’t think the risk of the meniscus getting WORSE is very high. 

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I love KB but I'm worried about him long term, he isn't smooth and with so many guys hitting low I think injuries could be his story. I hope I'm wrong. 

Kinda of reminds of what forced Calvin Johnson to retire early because they are so tall it leaves the legs and knees always exposed compared to a normal sized receiver 

Edited by Protocal69