Kelvin Benjamin: "I Want to Show I'm Not a Quitter"

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I like his attitude. He gets how important these 2 games (or at least 1 of them) will be. If the Bills win one of the last 2 they have a decent chance to get in.

I’ll be cheering for Indy this weekend. That game is strangely as important or more important than the Bills game.

That game and Jets/Chargers, man. Either one goes a long way in securing our spot. With as tough as the Jets have been playing everyone (including with Petty last week), I can see them stealing a W from the Chargers. I really hope they do.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big C said:

That game and Jets/Chargers, man. Either one goes a long way in securing our spot. With as tough as the Jets have been playing everyone (including with Petty last week), I can see them stealing a W from the Chargers. I really hope they do.

They really battled hard against the Saints last week and a win against the Chargers is plausible. 

Has he discussed the "quitter" thing with his knees??  His mind may be writing checks that his body can't cash.

I had a meniscus tear in 1984.  Several knee scopes later, had to have a knee replacement in 2002.  Problems like that don't go away, the often get worse.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Has he discussed the "quitter" thing with his knees??  His mind may be writing checks that his body can't cash.

I had a meniscus tear in 1984.  Several knee scopes later, had to have a knee replacement in 2002.  Problems like that don't go away, the often get worse.

Meniscus tear isn't as bad for a professional athlete.  He's lucky it wasn't an ACL or Patella.  Meniscus won't be that big of a deal after surgery. Athletes recover at an astonishing rate these days

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

He's already proven that he'll play through legitimate injury and/or discomfort.

If he's risking further damage, he shouldn't.  He should just hang 'em up for the season and get to 100% for next year.

I was going to give this post a thumbs up, but then I saw that you already have way too many quality points.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I love KB but I'm worried about him long term, he isn't smooth and with so many guys hitting low I think injuries could be his story. I hope I'm wrong. 

Agreed.  He’ll be gone after next season imo. Too much of a health risk with bad knees and being his size.  The only smart way to tackle him is to bury your shoulders into his legs/knees.  Tackle him up top and he runs right through you

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin confirmed Friday that he will "probably" get surgery on the torn meniscus in his right knee after this season.

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin on chance of re-injuring or aggravating his existing knee injury on Sunday: "I can't really think about it. If that happens, it happens. ... My ACL, my MCL, all that stuff is pretty much good. You can nick it. You can aggravate it again. But that's football."

Bills WR Kelvin Benjamin will be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report. He said Friday of his injured right knee, "I got to deal with what I got. But I'm prepared to go out there and play. Whatever happens, whatever happens. Try to get through this win."

I've had this injury.   As long as the flap of torn off meniscus stays flat on the inside of the "bowl" of meniscus that the femur end sits in and  doesn't fold over and impinge the nerves (and will hurt like a knife)  , he can go.   Kind of luck of the draw .  I held out for years before it became too annoying when it would fold over.   He can't make it any worse, but if the loose flap folds over he's f d.  One day i could run five miles no prob, 2 days later nada.  

Just now, 8-8 Forever? said:

I've had this injury.   As long as the flap of torn off meniscus stays flat on the inside of the "bowl" of meniscus that the femur end sits in and  doesn't fold over and impinge the nerves (and will hurt like a knife)  , he can go.  the knee joint is super compact -- anything gets in there that's not supposed to be there (like a fold of loose meniscus) and it hurts like hell.    Kind of luck of the draw .  I held out for years before it became too annoying when it would fold over.   He can't make it any worse, but if the loose flap folds over he's f d.  One day i could run five miles no prob, 2 days later nada.  the surgery is easy but invasive... swells up and rehab takes a few weeks.  

2 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

I've had this injury.   As long as the flap of torn off meniscus stays flat on the inside of the "bowl" of meniscus that the femur end sits in and  doesn't fold over and impinge the nerves (and will hurt like a knife)  , he can go.   Kind of luck of the draw .  I held out for years before it became too annoying when it would fold over.   He can't make it any worse, but if the loose flap folds over he's f d.  One day i could run five miles no prob, 2 days later nada.  

2 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

12 hours ago, White Linen said:

The way his knee was exposed - the injury could have been much much worse.  I don't view him as a quitter at all.

I agree, sadly I do not think  it is very smart for him to play, we could lose a big time WR for next season for wishful thinking on a playoff push this season.

I love his heart though, wish we had more players like him.

Edited by xRUSHx

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I like his attitude. He gets how important these 2 games (or at least 1 of them) will be. If the Bills win one of the last 2 they have a decent chance to get in.

I’ll be cheering for Indy this weekend. That game is strangely as important or more important than the Bills game.

I really wish McCown didn't get hurt because I think the Chargers have some vulnerabilities but there's a very small chance that Bryce Petty can exploit them. The Jets were the perfect spoiler team prior to that.

10 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I had a meniscus tear two years ago. After a little PT and losing about 30 lbs, I was back to all star beer-league softball form.

If I can do it, KB13 can do it. :) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I had a meniscus tear two years ago. After a little PT and losing about 30 lbs, I was back to all star beer-league softball form.

If I can do it, KB13 can do it. :) 

I agree. I had a torn meniscus. I did not need surgery to repair, it got better on its own. Still at its worse there was no way that I could play (baseball). If the pain by itself is not enuf to keep him from practicing/playing then maybe it's not all that bad. Looks to me like there are a range of possible outcomes/severity of injury with a meniscus tear. Who knows how bad his is - probably KB and the Bills medical staff.

16 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I agree. I had a torn meniscus. I did not need surgery to repair, it got better on its own. Still at its worse there was no way that I could play (baseball). If the pain by itself is not enuf to keep him from practicing/playing then maybe it's not all that bad. Looks to me like there are a range of possible outcomes/severity of injury with a meniscus tear. Who knows how bad his is - probably KB and the Bills medical staff.

Nice to see him gut it out with something to play for in December.

13 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Not to take anything away from your experience, but this isn't 1984 (figuratively maybe, but I digress). Medical tech and ability are so much farther along, especially for professional athletes.

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This time of year is what you play for.

Man so many cream puffs around here don’t understand what toughness means. 

That's not the issue, it's future availability.  If he does further damage playing in a game that is 99% likely a loss, it's not very smart to be "macho".

Let me cover both sides

- OMG, he's going to play through an injury!?  Shut him down, he's going to risk permanent damage, what is he thinking, what an idiot!

- OMG, he's not going to play through an injury?  What a glass kitty who can't handle the rigors of the NFL!  This guy is a clown, trade him now while we can still get a 6th rounder!

:beer:

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Let me cover both sides

- OMG, he's going to play through an injury!?  Shut him down, he's going to risk permanent damage, what is he thinking, what an idiot!

- OMG, he's not going to play through an injury?  What a glass kitty who can't handle the rigors of the NFL!  This guy is a clown, trade him now while we can still get a 6th rounder!

:beer:

Well done. :lol: